What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragon Breath Meterless Corner Vortex, +30 Fart Set-Ups, Psuedo Block Vortexes, Guaranteed Unblockables, ETC. ETC.

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
He's perfect like he doesn't need buffs lol. The nerf he got to drunken master was uncalled for and so what if he gets zoned out? He has really good pressure and damage potential.

Skedar70

Noob
Scary corner game. I will zone his ass full screen and try my best to avoid being put up in this position. Great videos.

REO

Undead
But I thought Bo was garbage?
I try to not pay too much attention to players when they don't understand how balance intention is supposed to work.

The reason Bo' Rai Cho has poor mobility and has slow movement is because he has RIDICULOUS set play and mix ups so it's supposed to balance him out.

Players say he's trash because he gets zoned out and can't get in. Then you have the same exact players who say CSZ (who probably has the best mobility in the game and has like 3 or more different ways to get in) is trash because his offense and normals are poor. And then you have players who say characters like Kenshi are whack because while they have good normals and neutral but no mix-ups... It's a never ending cycle. If a character is good in almost every aspect and doesn't have a weakness, chances are they're a problem and what the issue is, not the other way around.

I try to not pay too much attention to players when they don't understand how balance intention is supposed to work.

The reason Bo' Rai Cho has poor mobility and has slow movement is because he has RIDICULOUS set play and mix ups so it's supposed to balance him out.

Players say he's trash because he gets zoned out and can't get in. Then you have the same exact players who say CSZ (who probably has the best mobility in the game and has like 3 or more different ways to get in) is trash because his offense and normals are poor. And then you have players who say characters like Kenshi are whack because while they have good normals and neutral but no mix-ups... It's a never ending cycle. If a character is good in almost every aspect and doesn't have a weakness, chances are they're a problem and what the issue is, not the other way around.
So are you saying kenshi is good?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

Lbsh tho....what this patch did to CSZ didn't really make a lick of sense. on top of that making his mixup strings slower made his corner game less effective.

but what do u think? should brc have some of this corner stuff toned down a bit?

REO

Undead
Lbsh tho....what this patch did to CSZ didn't really make a lick of sense. on top of that making his mixup strings slower made his corner game less effective.

but what do u think? should brc have some of this corner stuff toned down a bit?
If they buff his mobility and make it easier for him to get in, then some of his mix-ups and setplay needs to be toned down a notch.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Apparently he is because "good neutral game and mids".

Isn't the lack of those critical core tools one of the main reason characters are usually labeled bad? Lol.
With this new generation of players I guess so. I don't think he's bad as a character, but because of how the game works, other characters do what he does better.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
And here come TYM with the insinuation of "downplaying" without any evidence or lab time themselves as per usual *sigh*

Firstly before I explain some stuff understand that I'm not trying to say these setups aren't good because they clearly are, I mean breaking every wakeup in the game is great. The mixup followups from B3 and F3 are really good as well. But there is some stuff you guys should probably understand that isn't listed in this video, read this before you cry for nerfs for a character you made an assumption about based on one video REO made. It happened unnecessarily with Cyber Sub Zero because you guys didn't lab it so let's try and avoid it this time. Please.

1. While the mixup is there between F3 and B3 and the followups from them are stronger for mixups, B3 is 23 frames and F3 is 26 with visibly different animations. I suggest you guys make sure you've labbed this stuff up before you say it's broken and at least attempt to see if you can guys can block this well. The real mixup is the followups and if he hits you with the 1+3 parts you're out of the corner anyway which is good for you.
2. I'm not sure you definitely can't backdash the mixup after J2 on hit, it doesn't make sense. Either the hitstun is big enough to jail F3/B3 in which case it will just continue the combo as there's no autoblock on a j2 or you do the reset in which case you have 1 frame to jail a B3/F3 or there's a backdashable gap. So either you've got to try and consistently hit a 1 frame jail or there's going to be a backdashable gap.
HOWEVER this point may not be too important as even if you can backdash it won't matter because you'll still be in the corner so that shit's pretty much guaranteed either way.
3. Bo Rai Cho actually has to touch you/get you to the corner in the first place to even start doing this. Anyone that's labbed him will be able to tell that his neutral isn't exactly the best, besides his pokes and F1 a lot of his stuff is pretty slow/hits high. It's basically the opposite problem from Jacqui, instead of being fast but not having amazing range Bo has range but isn't fast lol. But like Jacqui if he somehow manages to get you there then it becomes a big problem for you.
4. I'm not going to say much about the F3 feint stuff. To me personally it just looks like he's running but maybe not to others. I think it'd be best to learn more about it and see how viable it becomes in the future first before making a judgement on it.
5. DRAGON'S BREATH IS THE BEST VARIATION FOR THIS TECH. With Drunken Master/Bartitsu you have to commit to something more unsafe from his mixups. This is only showing what ONE variation can do with it. Just keep that in mind.

I know you're all probably rolling your eyes but for the love of god just once would you guys consider the things that aren't covered in the video? The things you might realise if you labbed stuff? What REO has discovered and posted is just to show off the tech and the best case scenario possibilities. I'm not saying this isn't viable, I'm not saying it's bad or that anyone that gets hit by it is bad, I'm not excusing what REO has posted. I too understand how good it is if he manages to get it set up, I'm just trying to make sure that you guys understand this from all angles rather than just the one presented in the video. Please don't get him nerfed because of a hasty overreaction.

REO

Undead
Will most likely get shit on but all this was already known.

BRC players know his setplay is amazing but to get it started is near impossible with his slow normals and bad mobility which is why we think he's lacking.
You literally have to touch your opponent once (with an overhead, low, string into hit confirm, jump-in, etc.) to get your game going.

He has an 8F MID string, a 7F D+1, top three D+4, and two REALLY good jump-ins that are difficult to anti-air consistently for some characters.

I apologize if you guys find the zoning in MKX too troublesome. This game has some very good characters designed to get in and through zoning like CSZ and others, so try one of those characters for MUs you think Bo can't do anything in.

You literally have to touch your opponent once (with an overhead, low, string into hit confirm, jump-in, etc.) to get your game going.

He has an 8F MID string, a 7F D+1, top three D+4, and two REALLY good jump-ins that are difficult to anti-air consistently for some characters.

I apologize if you guys find the zoning in MKX too troublesome. This game has some very good characters designed to get in and through zoning like CSZ and others, so try one of those characters for MUs you think Bo can't do anything in.
First of all good job as usual, just wanted to ask does BRC have amy good corner carry combos?

Cosmos

Noob

The first video is pretty well known about but the second video is really nice aha nobody has really looked into meaty farts despite knowing the armour break potential/ +frames.

I disagree with you to a degree though. Mobility hurts Bo not because he can't get in but because by the time he does, he has taken a decent amount of chip and opponents have built a fair amount of meter to the point where breakers are a constant issue when he finally does get in.

I think his biggest issue is that he gets low profiled very easily as he has one mid with no range. Most of his footsie tools with range are highs and fairly slow and every single string is negative on block bar 11 which is +2.

I am curious how you've been approaching neutral with him or what your experience playing him against competitive players has been as personally I feel like he has similar issues to high tech in his approach to neutral, so i'd be really interested to hear your take on this?

Not just in neutral but also in these setup scenario's as it's just so unlikely Bo will ever get you to the corner without you having meter to break. I appreciate he has amazing corner carry but that doesn't change the fact that he still has to play and win neutral to open you up, and considering how most of the cast have much faster advancing mids or just a strong low poke to constantly keep him in check it can be very difficult to open people up.

His 8f f1 has so little range it doesn't contend with most advancing mids and it gets low profiled.

D1 and ji2 are very good I agree with you there.

D4 is nice but on hit it still pushes you back about 2 character distances which is where he struggles.

Parasurama

Dragon
Awesome. A corner vortex is something other characters have and a tool BRC would need, nice set ups too. Do you have anti zoning tech? I use the stomp but it is too slow for some zoners. The bump helps but recovery sucks. I would like to use this characters against anyone, but take your point about another character.