What's new

Menu pictures

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Again, watch the video I posted. It explains everything. ^^
I got something else that has my focus now though, so you do whatever you like.
Yo did you watch this video? It is confirming everything I said. How does this video prove me wrong exactly? Great video, watch it again.

- scorpion was never a ninja (until mkx)
- first ninja clan was Chinese in origin long before japan adopted the term Shinobi. The first ninja clan was called Lin Kuei (lmao!)
- the rope dart is a Chinese martial art
- the only thing japan added to the “ninja” was the mysticism that is tied to it.

It’s not as simple as “So he’s not a murderer anymore because he stopped killing people?” Is a samurai still a samurai without a master? No, he is a ronin right? Is a ronin a ronin without a sword? Is a knight a knight without a king? Is a ninja a ninja without a clan? Nah. Is a clan of assassins a ninja clan? In all ways that matter.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Actually, Scorpion was always a ninja. It was the first Sub-Zero who was debated as to "not being a Ninja" Mythologies Bi-Han is almost insulted by the term "ninja" as he tells Quan-Chi "Scorpion was a ninja, I am Lin Kuei"

Then later on others including official bios referencing Kuai Liang as "the Ice ninja".

By MK origins, the Shyrai Ryu are considered more ninjas than the Lin Kuei, though honestly all these semantics aside both are ninja clans currently on behalf of Earthrealm. The term ninja can apply to al ot of things since the word ninja means

ninja
noun
nin·ja | \ ˈnin-jə , -(ˌ)jä\
plural ninja also ninjas
Definition of ninja

: a person trained in ancient Japanese martial arts and employed especially for espionage and assassinations

Both Scorp and Sub fall under the latter part of the definition easily being assassins. They've both killed people for their clans, though I would say Hanzo has more honor than Bi-Han easily. Kuai Liang is a lot more honorable than Bi-Han and possibly Scorpion even. He saw the error of his clan's corruption and ways, unlike Bi-Han who was blindly loyal.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I mean but what I said is echoed in the video you told me to watch lol. That’s funny shit. My bad it took me so long to watch it.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Actually, Scorpion was always a ninja. It was the first Sub-Zero who was debated as to "not being a Ninja"

By MK origins, the Shyrai Ryu are considered more ninjas than the Lin Kuei, though honestly all these semantics aside both are ninja clans currently on behalf of Earthrealm.
I mean scorpion from mk1-mk9. The scorpion we know, he’s not. Sub zero is a grand master. You don’t call the shogun a samurai even though technically he is.

What MK origins are they considered more ninja? They are both currently ninjas, I agree.

MKF30

I mean scorpion from mk1-mk9. The scorpion we know. He’s not. Sub zero is a grand master. You don’t call the shogun a samurai even though technically he is.

What MK origins are they considered more ninja? They are both currently ninjas, I agree.
Yeah I just always considered both ninjas though with their mentalities as to what the word means, currently both have their own titles so to speak. Scorpion the leader of the Shyrai Ryu and Sub-Zero(Kuai Liang) is the Grand Master also the leader of the Lin Kuei, both more honorable than in the past now.

But yeah I was just comparing Bi-Han to Kuai Liang, as while I consider both ninjas as well as Scorp. Bi-Han seemed almost insulted by the term as he was more of an assassin with his attitude in MKM. Kuai Liang doesn't seem to have an issue with the moniker.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yeah I just always considered both ninjas though with their mentalities as to what the word means, currently both have their own titles so to speak. Scorpion the leader of the Shyrai Ryu and Sub-Zero(Kuai Liang) is the Grand Master also the leader of the Lin Kuei, both more honorable than in the past now.

But yeah I was just comparing Bi-Han to Kuai Liang, as while I consider both ninjas as well as Scorp. Bi-Han seemed almost insulted by the term as he was more of an assassin with his attitude in MKM. Kuai Liang doesn't seem to have an issue with the moniker.
It’s funny because bi-Han is the most ninja out of all of them. Pre-noob. The current sub questioned authority and rebelled. Anyways I agree, I just wanted to let Norse I watched the video and got a good chuckle. It’s actually pretty interesting check it out.

MKF30

It’s funny because bi-Han is the most ninja out of all of them. Pre-noob. The current sub questioned authority and rebelled. Anyways I agree, I just wanted to let Norse I watched the video and got a good chuckle. It’s actually pretty interesting check it out.
Yeah it would seem throughout the MK games, they all among others were ninjas but with MKM they had Bi-han have this "no, no Scorp was a ninja not me lol" attitude. I always felt Kuai Liang left due to moral reasons, but was also a badass ice ninja, loved the way MK X comic portrayed his story with him deciding to come back and take over the LK for a force for good wasting through Sektor's cyber army and Sektor, Cyrax etc was pretty badass.

I kind of feel (look wise) Sub-Zero's default look is like a mix of part ninja, part shredder.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yeah it would seem throughout the MK games, they all among others were ninjas but with MKM they had Bi-han have this "no, no Scorp was a ninja not me lol" attitude. I always felt Kuai Liang left due to moral reasons, but was also a badass ice ninja, loved the way MK X comic portrayed his story with him deciding to come back and take over the LK for a force for good wasting through Sektor's cyber army and Sektor, Cyrax etc was pretty badass.

I kind of feel (look wise) Sub-Zero's default look is like a mix of part ninja, part shredder.
Oh ok I never played that game. Bi-Han just sounded like the type of dude that would take any mission no matter how fucked up and enjoy doing it. A true company man lol. A ninja with morals is a shitty ninja but I agree with you lol. New sub took over and made new rules, him and scorpion both did and I can’t hate. I like that storyline too.

I like his shredder decpetion(?) costume the most. With the fur and shit, such a cool design and I hope it makes it in.

MKF30

Oh ok I never played that game. Bi-Han just sounded like the type of dude that would take any mission no matter how fucked up and enjoy doing it. A true company man lol. A ninja with morals is a shitty ninja but I agree with you lol. New sub took over and made new rules, him and scorpion both did and I can’t hate. I like that storyline too.

I like his shredder decpetion(?) costume the most. With the fur and shit, such a cool design and I hope it makes it in.
Yeah pretty much, lol he was loyal to the LK without question unlike his brother Kuai Liang. Ehh that's not true, look at the TMNT lol they have morals, I think you can be a badass ninja with morals or anti hero ninja. lol. Yeah I hope Scorp and Sub work together more in MK 11. Yeah, that costume was so cool I agree.

Oh MKM is old, came out in 97 around the same time as MK 4.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yeah pretty much, lol he was loyal to the LK without question unlike his brother Kuai Liang. Ehh that's not true, look at the TMNT lol they have morals, I think you can be a badass ninja with morals or anti hero ninja. lol. Yeah I hope Scorp and Sub work together more in MK 11. Yeah, that costume was so cool I agree.

Oh MKM is old, came out in 97 around the same time as MK 4.
Tmnt arent insubordinate though. They follow the rules of master splinter. They are good ninjas in that they serve their purpose. In a clan of assassins and spies the TMNT would be shitty ninjas because of morals.

Kuai Lang was a shitty ninja (understandably) when the grand master wanted robotic obedience. That’s what we mean by sub zero changing the rules. Hes the master splinter now and that’s cool. It’s still a clan of assassins but his targets aren't earth realmers anymore.

I wouldn’t consider TMNT ninjas despite it being in their name. They are more like masked vigilantes imo. Leonardo does actually use straight blade ninja swords though, unlike scorpion who uses a curved katana. Sub shapes his ice weapons into medieval looking European weapons for some reason. The foot clan however.... straight up ninja clan lol. I know it’s semantics but I’m just sharing my view on it.

I know of MKM, I need to watch the cutscenes on YouTube someday. They looked awful from what I saw but I can deal with cheese being a horror fan though.

MKF30

Tmnt arent insubordinate though. They follow the rules of master splinter. They are good ninjas in that they serve their purpose. In a clan of assassins and spies the TMNT would be shitty ninjas because of morals.

Kuai Lang was a shitty ninja (understandably) when the grand master wanted robotic obedience. That’s what we mean by sub zero changing the rules. Hes the master splinter now and that’s cool. It’s still a clan of assassins but his targets aren't earth realmers anymore.

I wouldn’t consider TMNT ninjas despite it being in their name. They are more like masked vigilantes imo. Leonardo does actually use straight blade ninja swords though, unlike scorpion who uses a curved katana. Sub shapes his ice weapons into medieval looking European weapons for some reason. The foot clan however.... straight up ninja clan lol. I know it’s semantics but I’m just sharing my view on it.

I know of MKM, I need to watch the cutscenes on YouTube someday. They looked awful from what I saw but I can deal with cheese being a horror fan though.
Yeah, however they're still ninjas, hence Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. lol. Master Splinter teaches them the way of the ninja.;) Besides, there's been times if you read the comics and even occasionally in the shows where they have been insubordinate especially Raphael.

Sub-Zero(the second one) isn't insubordinate, he's belief is for good as to why he redid the LK. Scorpion is now after he realized his misjudgements while Kuai Liang feels the LK needs redemption for their past mistakes. Bi-Han was definitely insubordinate but there have been several ninjas who have been both obedient and disobedient over the years. Kuai Liang was always a ninja but he wasn't blindly loyal to the LK as to why he went rogue, Bi-Han was just blindly loyal to the LK where Kuai Liang had a conscience as did Smoke.

Of course, but you can have honor being ninja assassins. There's different types of ninjas, the TMNT aren't assassins but they're still vigilantes so technically they're insubordinate regarding the law. But yeah the weapon choices don't really matter much, I mean look at Shredder lol. Dude uses claws and his skills when he fights/armor. Splinter uses a walking stick, the turtles different weapons each, etc, etc. The way of the ninja is more of a philosophy but the question is whether you're a good one or bad one really. Pretty much how I view it.

Yeah, MKM isn't that popular or even known to some MK fans. I enjoyed it, the cutscenes may not be the best but the effort they put during the time was ahead of other games with green screen, video cutscenes etc(except N64 had still images) Pretty much the OG MK fans like me remembered it, where the newer gen don't know much about it or may have vaguely heard about it.