What's new

Menu pictures

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Ninjas aren’t “Asian guys jumping around with swords”. They are assassins and spies, right? Assassins and spies aren’t unique to the Japanese culture lol. Shit is shit, the animal it comes from is a semantic that doesn’t matter. The Lin Kuei are ninjas.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Ninjas aren’t “Asian guys jumping around with swords”. They are assassins and spies, right? Assassins and spies aren’t unique to the Japanese culture lol. Shit is shit, the animal it comes from is a semantic that doesn’t matter. The Lin Kuei are ninjas.
Would you call a Native American warrior a viking because he also hops on a boat to raid someone's village...?

Lol.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
The definition of ninja and assassin in the MK universe are made up. Real ninjas aren't jacked as hell, they don't wear yellow, and they don't slice people in half with swords. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are whatever NRS wants them to be, in this case Scorpion is a "ninja" and Sub-Zero is an "assassin."

RexxyC

what's done is done
No idea why people think that the purple guy is rather a young Kotal Khan than Rain or a random character:

1. Kotal Khan is overall much, much, much buffer. Even his younger version was buffer.
2. The sides and back of young Kotal Khans head were shaved. You could see his skin. The guy in the menu has hair everywhere, just like Rain.
3. There are clearly some shades of purple on the outfit. Kotal Khan didn't really have the purple color as a theme.
4. "Konquer" doesn't have to be exlusive to Kotal Khan, considering how power hungry Rain is. In MKX he was plotting for Mileena to use Shinnoks amulet and kill all of the opponents and die in process, so that Rain could take over and rule.
5. The outfit clearly has some gold elements to it and Rains outfits did have those too in the past, with him being royalty / a price / a half-god. He wants to showcase his rank.
6. I WANT RAIN IN THE GAME!
if they honestly used rain's color scheme on kotal i wouldn't buy this fucking game lmfao

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Would you call a Native American warrior a viking because he also hops on a boat to raid someone's village...?

Lol.
Yes. I would also consider an English knight the same thing as a samurai. They are the exact same thing, the only difference is regional language. Considering China is in the same region it’s even more fitting.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Okay what is a Japanese ninja specifically? It’s like saying “wow look at that dog shit.” but it’s not dog shit, it’s raccoon shit. Oh my bad, I was way off!
Mope. It's like sating two cars are the same, except one is yellow and anither is blue. When in reality, one is also a Mercedes and another is also a Dodge.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Yes. I would also consider an English knight the same thing as a samurai. They are the exact same thing, the only difference is regional language. Considering China is in the same region it’s even more fitting.
So if you're saying they're the same thing, you're saying that Native Americans and Vikings are evenly matched? And Knights and Samurai are evenly matched?

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Mope. It's like sating two cars are the same, except one is yellow and anither is blue. When in reality, one is also a Mercedes and another is also a Dodge.
Not really. Sub zero takes offense to ninja just like an Iga ninja would take offense if you called him a Koga ninja. It doesn’t mean they aren’t a ninja, in reality.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
So if you're saying they're the same thing, you're saying that Native Americans and Vikings are evenly matched? And Knights and Samurai are evenly matched?
No, I’m saying they are fundamentally the same thing. If you called a knight a samurai you would not be wrong. If you called a Native American tribe that goes around raiding and pillaging villages Vikings then you wouldn’t be wrong.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
No, I’m saying they are fundamentally the same thing. If you called a knight a samurai you would not be wrong. If you called a Native American tribe that goes around raiding and pillaging villages Vikings then you wouldn’t be wrong.
Okay, well a Knight uses different armor, weapons, and battle tactics than a Samurai. If you are saying that their titles are equivalent then try not to call them "the exact same thing."

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Okay, well a Knight uses different armor, weapons, and battle tactics than a Samurai. If you are saying that their titles are equivalent then try not to call them "the exact same thing."
But they are, they are ultra loyalist warriors in armor. They live to serve their rulers. They are the exact same.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I would also consider an English knight the same thing as a samurai.
They both fit the broad category of "warrior," just like ninjas, Assassins, and Sicarii are all "assassins." That doesn't make every warrior a knight. It doesn't make every assassin a ninja.

They are the exact same thing, the only difference is regional language.
...No, they are not "the exact same thing." I think you have some reading to do.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
So back on topic, what about ninjas and assassins?
Ninjas are just a clan of assassins and spies. The Lin Kuei are a clan of assassins. I don’t see a difference. Sub zero took offense because he is the grandmaster of the Lin Kuei, not just a mere ninja.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
They both fit the broad category of "warrior," just like ninjas, Assassins, and Sicarii are all "assassins." That doesn't make every warrior a knight. It doesn't make every assassin a ninja.

...No, they are not "the exact same thing." I think you have some reading to do.
Every assassin isn’t a ninja, I never said that. I didn’t say every warrior is a knight either. I already answered in replies to other people.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Shirai Ryu is a real clan of japanese ninjas. Lin Kuei is a fictional chinese clan os assasins. Both are assasins, not both are ninjas.
Scorpion wasn’t a ninja anymore because he had no clan. He was a wraith from hell lol. Sub zero is more a ninja than him.