What's new

Tech - Hellfire Meaty Flame Aura leaves you super plus and jails into pressure

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
i wouldnt say that, his pressure is definitely better, being able to jail, while also having a gap creates a whole new mind game. Tbh, i feel that HF is currently somewhere between his vanilla self where 214 RC loops had 3 gauranteed reps , and version that came after that with the gimped 214 string and he didnt really have staggers like he does now. in fact over all i'd say the QoL changes are better than either of those incarnations.
If there is a gap, then you don't jail... just like his old pressure, everything jails except the gap, only difference is you now get 2 hits before the gap instead of 3.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If there is a gap, then you don't jail... just like his old pressure, everything jails except the gap, only difference is you now get 2 hits before the gap instead of 3.
3 hits? what? im confused, scorps vanilla pressure with 214 had no gaps.....you could literally do 3 reps and end with ex fireball guaranteed.

i know the whole string doesnt jail due to the gap now....it did before though.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
i wouldnt say that, his pressure is definitely better, being able to jail, while also having a gap creates a whole new mind game. Tbh, i feel that HF is currently somewhere between his vanilla self where 214 RC loops had 3 gauranteed reps , and version that came after that with the gimped 214 string and he didnt really have staggers like he does now. in fact over all i'd say the QoL changes are better than either of those incarnations.
Current Scorpion > Vanilla Scorpion.

214 having a gap opened up a lot of shenanigans that he couldn't do before, and if you wanted to keep people jailed into the same blockstring, it was always better to use 123 anyway.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
3 hits? what? im confused, scorps vanilla pressure with 214 had no gaps.....you could literally do 3 reps and end with ex fireball guaranteed.

i know the whole string doesnt jail due to the gap now....it did before though.
just to be clear, im talking about last patch as compared to now, not compared to vanilla scorpion, who I did not play and as such do not have an opinion on

214 having a gap opened up a lot of shenanigans that he couldn't do before, and if you wanted to keep people jailed into the same blockstring, it was always better to use 123 anyway.
I dunno, get 14% guaranteed at the end of a combo was pretty badass

that being said, making the right read and resetting a 40% combo into a 45% combo is pretty badass as well

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
just to be clear, im talking about last patch as compared to now, not compared to vanilla scorpion, who I did not play and as such do not have an opinion on

I dunno, get 14% guaranteed at the end of a combo was pretty badass

that being said, making the right read and resetting a 40% combo into a 45% combo is pretty badass as well
I'm pretty sure he can still accumulate over 10% chip from it, which isn't bad. The reason why people freaked out about it in vanilla was because people were under the impression that Hellfire was the only run cancel-oriented variation capable of netting that kind of chip damage, which simply wasn't true. In fact, Dragon's Fire Liu Kang could do more and had access to it from many more strings that were applicable in neutral.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

in terms of options yes, scorpion now is defintely better in that regard. which also plays into what i was talking about with QoL changes, the fact that he has stagger strings and is actually plus on takedown helped a lot.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
nah, that 10% is not guaranteed like that 14% is, all you are guaranteed now pressure wise is a single rep of 21, then the gap comes in and anything can happen.

and yeah other characters can chip more but with vanilla Hellfire it turned a 1 bar 45% combo into a 1 bar 60% combo because its all guaranteed, oh and if he mixed you up with a throw at the end it was like almost 70%

he was pretty damn strong to say the least
also don't forget, on top of the guaranteed pressure vanilla had, 2 flame aura's in a combo was a thing too. lol

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I'm on PSN, I'll add you next time I boot up online. I'm also in the facebook group we've actually discussed characters a couple of times on there, I've sent you a friend request on FB. I'm gonna try jump in with LPex next time he goes, so hopefully I'll see you there, I'm keen to get in with the Aussie scene a lot more especially now that I'm going to have the time and means to make it to events this year.
Oh shit sorry man I auto delete requests if I have no mutual friends. Flick me another inviteand I'll make sure to add you. My bad!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I like this Scorpion better than vanilla because this one has very good buttons across the board overall.

The standing 2 is 9f instead of 10, so flame aura links have 1 relaxing frame which makes much easier to connect.

It has a 7f normal which compensates for his lack of range on most of all his normals.
Has better plus strings which doesn't give away his pressure right away
The block string its not guaranteed but there are ways to make it so, and when you really scare off someone to press buttons or input moves, instead of minus you'll be plus, instead of gaps, you become gapless.

The two only things XL scorpion doesn't has that vanilla does is: two flame auras combos, guaranteed 214 blockstrings.

Matix218

Get over here!
Hes in a really good place now and he was in a really good place last patch too. He really wasn't drastically buffed in any way this patch, the real buff was S3 giving him much better footsies and AA and easier converts. His pressure is arguably worse than it was last patch now, other than having a viable stagger. If he was bad last patch hes bad this patch, if hes OP this patch he was OP last patch. Its kinda a bit kneejerky to say hes either, hes a really balanced character and so far his changes made him more "different" rather than necessarily stronger or weaker
very true