What's new

Tech - Hellfire Meaty Flame Aura leaves you super plus and jails into pressure

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Honestly people are crazy for overreacting. You're already in an advantage situation if you have the opportunity to even set this up.

The main benefit from this is the extra damage from flame Aura and the fact that fast highs will connect on Crouch block because of the blocks done from flame aura.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I just watched Mileena do 57% for one bar so I actually found this pretty darn cool. Good for Scorpion - I wouldn't mind seeing more arouns

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just to let anyone know, if your opponent let it rip the 214 reps and on the third rep you cancel into ex fireball, you are at +8 on block, your s3 is now guaranteed os is extra chip which also leaves you at +2, i have a theory about this but will only be able to test when i get home from job.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Stuff like the op makes us think the opposite xD The tech is cool, tbh.
his pressure is actually incredibly fair. After every 2 punches they have a couple of options available, including backdash, armor, or taking the hit, and unless Scorpion pauses his pressure to make the exact play to counter that option you get out and are generally left plus, so you always have multiple ways out the pressure. HOWEVER, if Scorpion has a bead on his opponent and makes the read on exactly which one you pick and on which loop you pick it, he can punish you for trying to get out of it and punish you hard e.g by chasing the backdash and punishing it with combo, or by blocking and punishing the amour for example

His pressure is heavily read based, and he gets his bread butter and milk basically from playing his opponent and conditioning. And its fair because if he's scared his opponent into submission he can use tricks like 21 staggers and EX fireballs to restart his loops forcing his opponent to do something to get out - which can in turn be punished if its read. But if this is happening to you like this its because your opponent has gotten INSIDE YOUR MIND and thats why we love playing Hellfire, because you are just pressing buttons in the game but what you are really playing is your opponent and thats why its so much fun

its very different to braindead AList or other gapless loops, in fact basically the only thing they share in common is the fact that they are cancels

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Thanks for the tag @Ze Dingo. Will have to test this with his other options, I think if this gets you something off F2 and throw it could be extremely useful.

Nice find.

God Confirm

Just to let anyone know, if your opponent let it rip the 214 reps and on the third rep you cancel into ex fireball, you are at +8 on block, your s3 is now guaranteed os is extra chip which also leaves you at +2, i have a theory about this but will only be able to test when i get home from job.
Tag me if you post it on here or Facebook me with whatever results you get, even if you don't find nothing

I use 214 EX Fireball for a stamina reset after 21 stagger when am really bullying someone, but I follow it up with B12 tho because if they ain't been armoring all those gaps so far then they ain't armoring after an EX Fireball either lol (or even better they out of meter) and B12 beats everything not armor and FBC's right back into 214 for your reset

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
Yoo nice for people working on hellfire techs :)
To be honest this setup was known for some time now but the fact that the opponent can just techroll and armor punish you makes it kinda useless to go for it on purpose, instead you can use it after hitting your opponent with a random b121( i use that a lot in those situations tbh) and not ending a combo with it for the setup where you can just restand them for free pressure anw

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Lots of tech lately, now this is the TYM I like.

Ah wth I love the drama too!
To be honest we were witholding those stuff so paulo can't know it exists and nerf it to the ground.

I'm not hating but i'm kinda mad at @God Confirm and @JTB123 for sharing crucial hellfire scorpion techs on the past days haha, now we have to pray Paulo don't oversee these stuffs since people are currently overreacting to a character with a not so over the top offense, since scorp isn't an auto pilot character at all.

Matix218

Get over here!
To be honest we were witholding those stuff so paulo can't know it exists and nerf it to the ground.

I'm not hating but i'm kinda mad at @God Confirm and @JTB123 for sharing crucial hellfire scorpion techs on the past days haha, now we have to pray Paulo don't oversee these stuffs since people are currently overreacting to a character with a not so over the top offense, since scorp isn't an auto pilot character at all.
Scorpion is about as fair of a solid character as exists in this game IMO. His game is all about conditioning and reading your opponent and playing against him is the same way. Hopefully there will be no changes to him moving forward. He is in a good place, he punishes hard, anti airs hard, has good but fair pressure and has his weakness (standing armor and meh backdash). Really fun character to play.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Scorpion is about as fair of a solid character as exists in this game IMO. His game is all about conditioning and reading your opponent and playing against him is the same way. Hopefully there will be no changes to him moving forward. He is in a good place, he punishes hard, anti airs hard, has good but fair pressure and has his weakness (standing armor and meh backdash). Really fun character to play.
Very well said.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Couple of questions:

1) Where in Australia are you from??
2) Why haven't I seen your name around before??
3) Do you go to offline meets??
4) What do I have to do to get you to come play offline, assuming you don't already??

Also nice work btw ;)

God Confirm

Couple of questions:

1) Where in Australia are you from??
2) Why haven't I seen your name around before??
3) Do you go to offline meets??
4) What do I have to do to get you to come play offline, assuming you don't already??

Also nice work btw ;)
NSW, about half way between Brisbane and Sydney. I was going to make it to OzHadou a few months ago, even payed entry, but some big RL shit came up so I had to cancel plans, my buddy made it tho he was like the only Raiden player there so you might remember him. I play offline whenever possible in my town but its pretty much just me and him still playing now. I'm pretty keen to travel to get out and travel to a big event soon tho, where do you guys commonly play? and I don't know why you haven't seen my name around i have nearly 1000 posts in the last 4 months lol

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i swear some people don't know what they want, at first HF scorp is too strong, then HF is too weak, then he's too strong again. ugh. Seriously he's fine people, and no cancel characters don't need to get wrecked just because your impatient and want to be able to solve all your problems with a bar of meter instead of having to actually make a read or god forbid make an attempt to thoroughly understand the character and how to play against them....

That being said. Nice tech :) ill have to start using this.

God Confirm

i swear some people don't know what they want, at first HF scorp is too strong, then HF is too weak, then he's too strong again. ugh. Seriously he's fine people, and no cancel characters don't need to get wrecked just because your impatient and want to be able to solve all your problems with a bar of meter instead of having to actually make a read or god forbid make an attempt to thoroughly understand the character and how to play against them....

That being said. Nice tech :) ill have to start using this.
Hes in a really good place now and he was in a really good place last patch too. He really wasn't drastically buffed in any way this patch, the real buff was S3 giving him much better footsies and AA and easier converts. His pressure is arguably worse than it was last patch now, other than having a viable stagger. If he was bad last patch hes bad this patch, if hes OP this patch he was OP last patch. Its kinda a bit kneejerky to say hes either, hes a really balanced character and so far his changes made him more "different" rather than necessarily stronger or weaker

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
NSW, about half way between Brisbane and Sydney. I was going to make it to OzHadou a few months ago, even payed entry, but some big RL shit came up so I had to cancel plans, my buddy made it tho he was like the only Raiden player there so you might remember him. I play offline whenever possible in my town but its pretty much just me and him still playing now. I'm pretty keen to travel to get out and travel to a big event soon tho, where do you guys commonly play? and I don't know why you haven't seen my name around i have nearly 1000 posts in the last 4 months lol
Oh I have seen you on TYM, but didn't realise you were Australian. I just don't think I've seen you online (or are you on Xbox?). But yeah dude I didn't realise you were the guy that was meant to be coming with L-pex! That's awesome man. Our monthly events in Sydney are in the CBD, same location as OzHadou Nationals. We've been getting some players from other states rock up the last few months too, so it's been awesome. We typically have about 20ish or more players in our monthlies in Sydney, so we're probably the best scene to travel to if you're interested in playing offline. If you're on PSN add me and we can play sometime :)

PSN: CabjoyAU

EDIT: I take it you're already in the facebook group?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Hes in a really good place now and he was in a really good place last patch too. He really wasn't drastically buffed in any way this patch, the real buff was S3 giving him much better footsies and AA and easier converts. His pressure is arguably worse than it was last patch now, other than having a viable stagger
i wouldnt say that, his pressure is definitely better, being able to jail, while also having a gap creates a whole new mind game. Tbh, i feel that HF is currently somewhere between his vanilla self where 214 RC loops had 3 gauranteed reps , and version that came after that with the gimped 214 string and he didnt really have staggers like he does now. in fact over all i'd say the QoL changes are better than either of those incarnations.

God Confirm

Oh I have seen you on TYM, but didn't realise you were Australian. I just don't think I've seen you online (or are you on Xbox?). But yeah dude I didn't realise you were the guy that was meant to be coming with L-pex! That's awesome man. Our monthly events in Sydney are in the CBD, same location as OzHadou Nationals. We've been getting some players from other states rock up the last few months too, so it's been awesome. We typically have about 20ish or more players in our monthlies in Sydney, so we're probably the best scene to travel to if you're interested in playing offline. If you're on PSN add me and we can play sometime :)

PSN: CabjoyAU

EDIT: I take it you're already in the facebook group?
I'm on PSN, I'll add you next time I boot up online. I'm also in the facebook group we've actually discussed characters a couple of times on there, I've sent you a friend request on FB. I'm gonna try jump in with LPex next time he goes, so hopefully I'll see you there, I'm keen to get in with the Aussie scene a lot more especially now that I'm going to have the time and means to make it to events this year.

Last edited: