What's new

Tech - Hellfire Meaty Flame Aura leaves you super plus and jails into pressure

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Basically, Flame Aura has a shitload of active frames and a bunch of blockstun, so when using it before your opponent wakes up, it can leave you super plus (at least +13 as I got F3 to jail a few times in a row, possibly higher tho)

Ending combo's with B121 in the corner while Aura is up lets you set-up this oki, but there is definitely more options like a late NjK and I'm pretty sure off 214 as well but maybe not quite as plus off that one.

I'm pretty sure you can scout armour and if your reactions are quick enough go straight into the S3 and still jail - I'm playing on a piece of shit Panasonic-knock-off brand LCD TV so my reactions have significant delay to say the least, and I was still able to beat out Lao's regular wake up Spin (7f) no problem with S3 like he couldn't even get the animatino started, and thats on REACTION to them BLOCKING and not waking up, so I feel like when I get a better monitor in I'll be able to jail an S3 on reaction to them not blocking, but perhaps someone else can test it.

Video cuts out at the end cause I got a little comfortable leanin back in my chair and pulled the mic out (first time recording sorry) cbf to redo the rest so I just cut that shit because there wasn't much else to say anyway, but basically the only bad thing about this is that you CAN tech roll this and get out by armoring, but aside from that its some PRETTY DOPE TECH

Practical uses for it are pretty much any corner combo as all of them start with Flame Aura which is down by the time the combo finishes, and they all restand near the end of the combo, you can end with B121 after the restand and go straight for this, but hell you guys are creative I'm sure there is much more uses for this to be discovered

S3 FBC on hit is a very easy combo into 214, and S3 FBC on block is about +8 and jails into itself on block or lets you go for B12 and beat out absolutely everything not armored, so yeah this definitely gets your pressure started

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Yes towards the tail end it works best. I think this is pretty well known but I'm not sure if there's any video on it, i used to use it very often. It's most likely even better after the patch due to the fact that s3 is now 7 frames.

It's guaranteed if anyone delays wake up. You can usually wait and see but you lose plus frames the later you do it.

God Confirm

I don't think this makes him disgusting honestly. It's pretty good but nothing crazy.
yeah exactly. It''s another tool and a good way to get a Flame Aura back up in the corner and apply some pressure with it and in the process, possibly bait out a wake-up, but at the end of the day, the character is already balanced around the fact that he can already end his restands and jail's into every button he has anyway and thats anywhere on screen this is just corner shit. I'd say it's a pretty good follow up to something like a NjK in the corner, and it's something I'm going to be able to use effeciently now that I know the maths behind it, but it really isn't gamebreaking for him

God Confirm

I think the best use is probably going to be as a follow up to people who take the final hit of 214 during FBC cancel pressure in the corner, as them doing that lets you get a flame aura up, put them back in the pressure, deal with wake-ups, and possibly catch them into combo if they slipping, any attempt to reversal the Flame Aura or wake-up should give you a full combo. I'm pretty certain this is going to be the main use for it however I'm tentative about it because I gotta test that shit vs tech rolls which I'll do tomorrow, and also wondering if you can hitconfirm them taking the final hit of 214 FBC and stop yourself from doing another 214 in time???

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
most of your community is pretty stupid but we don't nerf you now do we
Chill bro xD

I speak for myself, not for my community. From my point of view, and many others, including Cage players, cancel characters need a nerf (yes, A-List included of course).

God Confirm

ill post some sweet corner combo's that set this up, might make a video explaining Scorps corner pressure in depth and how opening your opponent up with it will set this up

God Confirm

Chill bro xD

I speak for myself, not for my community. From my point of view, and many others, including Cage players, cancel characters need a nerf (yes, A-List included of course).
There is a static gap on every loop before you even make it to the cancel, a gap that leaves your opponent plus if they backdash it.

This is not A-List pressure lol

freerf245

11 11 11 11
This used to work at certain distances without a knockdown back in like december. The spacing was kinda strict so I never thought anything of it. I tried it out again the other day and it wasn't working so I figured it was gone. Guess not lol. Seems real strong.

ismael4790

There is a static gap on every loop before you even make it to the cancel, a gap that leaves your opponent plus if they backdash it.

This is not A-List pressure lol
A-List is cancel king, i agree xD
But in my opinion all cancels in the game should work in a way they jail if the opponent is meterless, but are beaten by armor.
This applies to Cage, Scorp, Dvorah...

Nedyrc

Noob
I thought this was known. This shit is the reason why i hate Scorpion. When you whiff flame aura you are basically plus. Even more annoying than kotals jump in P range.
But i didnt know this setup

God Confirm

A-List is cancel king, i agree xD
But in my opinion all cancels in the game should work in a way they jail if the opponent is meterless, but are beaten by armor.
This applies to Cage, Scorp, Dvorah...
thats already how Scorps works, except its even worse than that. He gets to punch you twice before you get an opportunity to armor out. That's it. 2 punches then a gap, which can also be backdashed even if you are meterless, and even if you are in the corner, and it leaves you plus.

His pressure really doesn't need nerfs lol.

ismael4790

thats already how Scorps works, except its even worse than that. He gets to punch you twice before you get an opportunity to armor out. That's it. 2 punches then a gap, which can also be backdashed even if you are meterless, and even if you are in the corner, and it leaves you plus.

His pressure really doesn't need nerfs lol.
Stuff like the op makes us think the opposite xD The tech is cool, tbh.

God Confirm

I thought this was known. This shit is the reason why i hate Scorpion. When you whiff flame aura you are basically plus. Even more annoying than kotals jump in P range.
But i didnt know this setup
im pretty sure most people playing Hellfire or even somewhat familiar with the match up are aware that the later you get clipped by Flame Aura, the more frames you have to convert from it. However, I'm pretty sure nobody had actually sat down and crunched the numbers yet and realised that you can actually use it meaty to jail into pressure after scouting for wake up, nor has anyone worked out any set-ups yet. But yeah, you are right, this has been possible since day 1, although I think it's S3 thats making it viable this patch since you have time to react and still jail with a 7f normal

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
This is really good stuff, @God Confirm . Thank you for sharing. I never really thought about it having a function of this sort.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
im pretty sure most people playing Hellfire or even somewhat familiar with the match up are aware that the later you get clipped by Flame Aura, the more frames you have to convert from it. However, I'm pretty sure nobody had actually sat down and crunched the numbers yet and realised that you can actually use it meaty to jail into pressure after scouting for wake up, nor has anyone worked out any set-ups yet. But yeah, you are right, this has been possible since day 1, although I think it's S3 thats making it viable this patch since you have time to react and still jail with a 7f normal
It's been explored but was very hard to jail from consistently. Still it was great advantage and you could get meaty setups in a ton of situations, I liked doing after b121 and throw. With st3 buffed it's definitely better.