What's new

Maybe its just me...

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
i agree with you wound, i think ppl who say give it sometime are awaiting false hope, i dont see this game being as close to or having even half the the amount of tech that was discovered in mk to change this game, the only way this game can be better is by actually releasing a legitimate patch with legitimate changes, not troll patches that nerfs chars that wasnt even that much of a problem, and nerfing S tier chars damage by 2% lmao...i love how they said they were gonna nerf supes damage, and after the patch the corner combo i was doing that normally does 70% dropped to 68, seriously nrs? Lol

With that kind of mentality, of course you're going to not like this game in the future. It's pretty obvious that you and the other top players are still caught up on Mk9. Also, people are still discovering tech in this game dude. There's probably a bunch more out there to find out especially when a large amount of the cast is being slept on right now. Tech takes time to discover. We both know this.Mk9 was and still partly is a pretty busted game which caused many people to drop it early on. Injustice has problems but not nearly as much as Mk9 had. Give it time dude. Mk9 was embarrassing to watch very early on in its lifespan because of how messed up the game was and how "green" the players were. Many of these gripes are a product of "I haven't touched anything but Mk9 competitively."

You not liking certain aspects of the game doesn't mean that they're necessarily bad. It's just different from what you're used to. However, I can agree that interactables need to get toned down.

Reactions: RYX

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
You are all wasting your life playing an Injustice video game you don't even enjoy like you did with MK?

Just keep playing MK until EVO, 3 years in a row our game has survived, MK deserves the final curtain call

Who knows, maybe Ed Boon at EVO will reveal MK X so we all can drop the bomb on Injustice ;)

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
You know, after reading these two threads, I've come to realize something...

I remember when MK first came out. I enjoyed it because it was MK, not because it was a "great fighting game" or anything like that, but because it was a revamp on the original 2D MKs, which is one of my favorite series of all time. I would HATE it when Capcom players would trash MK because it was a game that I loved, and I know I wasn't alone. I think it's safe to say every MK player on this site hated when people from other communities would bash MK, and would run to its defense.

Well, now the tables have turned. The same thing is happening. Definitely not all (not by a long shot), but a lot of people who loved MK (even myself to a degree) have been doing nothing but talking down on IGAU, calling it "an inferior fighter." That's not right. Sure, I'm not a big fan of Injustice. I only play it cuz friends play it (like CoD), but that doesn't mean I should ruin the experience for people who really like this game. So, I'd like to apologize to anyone (@DangerousBacon) for talking down on IGAU. I don't like it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't take skill. It's a shame that this has all blown up out of someone asking if he wasn't alone in thinking this game was boring :(

To say what has been said ad nauseum over the past 24 hours, if you don't like Injustice, then don't play it, and that's what I'm going to do.

NOW, time to find more gifs and funny pictures. I've been taking this site WAY too seriously lately :D

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!

I remember when MK first came out. I enjoyed it because it was MK, not because it was a "great fighting game" or anything like that, but because it was a revamp on the original 2D MKs, which is one of my favorite series of all time. I would HATE it when Capcom players would trash MK because it was a game that I loved, and I know I wasn't not alone. I think it's safe to say every MK player on this site hated when people from other communities would bash MK, and would run to its defense.

Well, now the tables have turned. The same thing is happening. Definitely not all (not by a long shot), but a lot of people who loved MK (even myself to a degree) have been doing nothing but talking down on IGAU, calling it "an inferior fighter." That's not right. Sure, I'm not a big fan of Injustice. I only play it cuz friends play it (like CoD), but that doesn't mean I should ruin the experience for people who really like this game. So, I'd like to apologize to anyone (@DangerousBacon) for talking down on IGAU. I don't like it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't take skill. It's a shame that this has all blown up out of someone asking if he wasn't alone in thinking this game was boring :(

To say what has been said ad nauseum over the past 24 hours, if you don't like Injustice, then don't play it, and that's what I'm going to do.

NOW, time to find more gifs and funny pictures. I've been taking this site WAY too seriously lately :D
Well said.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You are all wasting your life playing an Injustice video game you don't even enjoy like you did with MK?

Just keep playing MK until EVO, 3 years in a row our game has survived, MK deserves the final curtain call

Who knows, maybe Ed Boon at EVO will reveal MK X so we all can drop the bomb on Injustice ;)
Why waste your life playing video games, when you could play other video games....

LOL it is possible to play both games.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I definitely understand what you are saying, but MK was totally different for me. I had NEVER played a fighting game competitively before MK9, so obviously it took me a long time to learn footsies, fundamentals, and MUs. But now, I think I have a good idea of how to learn what works and how to play. I have played against many great players and I just don't see how this game will develop to be as fun as MK9 still is. Maybe I am missing something, but idk.
Not even old school guys like J360 or Tom could tell how the game was going to pan out at all. Hell, I think Spooky during a stream at one point acknowledged how different the game was playing. No one had any idea.

Sure you know what works now, but who is to say there's nothing new to find that will drastically alter IGAU? It took a while for people to learn that in MK9, including the more experienced players.

I think at the end of it all, if anything, the game's downfall will be that it's not MK, tbh. Because a lot of the talking points against IGAU did very much apply to MK9. Note who all agrees with Scar. And look at who either doesn't have an opinion or doesn't agree.

This damn thread EXPLODED!!!!! lol, everyone is split on if IGAU is good or if MK9 is the way to go, and I guess I got to say it again, PLAY BOTH!!!!!!, geez it isn't that hard. Look at chris g, he plays like 5 games per tournament, so 2 game should not be a problem and ppl just need to adjust to IGAU, it's only been a month.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This damn thread EXPLODED!!!!! lol, everyone is split on if IGAU is good or if MK9 is the way to go, and I guess I got to say it again, PLAY BOTH!!!!!!, geez it isn't that hard. Look at chris g, he plays like 5 games per tournament, so 2 game should not be a problem and ppl just need to adjust to IGAU, it's only been a month.
Does he really play five?

He's like the Nicolas Cage of fighting games :eek:

cyke_out

Noob
Is it just me, or is anyone else getting bored of Oreo's? I applaud Nebisco for their effort, but I'm just asking the community, is anyone kind of bored of that cookie as I am??? I mean I still eat them casually, but nothing is ever going to replace Chocolate Chip Cookies.

jaym7018

Noob
Mk community living up to their i only play 1 game mentality. This is why you all will continue to be alienated from the FGC. Live in your little bubble then complain you dont get respect.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
all depends the level of demand you ask for yourself regarding this game ..... ;)

I mean, you play for fun, or you play for competition ? you wanna be good on it, or just kill time, relaxing without compromise to win or lose ?

stress and pressure come if you just put an exagerated expectation level regarding trying to be good, godlike skilful, or be among the best in competitive scene goal for IGAU or MK9, so, you just can reach a stage where you just come fed up and bored with the lack of personal gameplay degree increase and skill evolution at the speed you would like to develop, so .... frustration and lack of patience, rise up and show off, and the game suddenly, might can turn boring as hell ....

IGAU is good, it's a new franchise, and so, NRS can be forgiven for trying to put new fighting game elements, that, will mature and evolve along this series produce more games ..... MK has a 20 years existence , so, it's a franchise much more well estabilished and with a much more developed fan background, so, try to give a break for IGAU first-game ..... overall, IGAU was well accepted , and errors and mistakes, witll be analyzed and fixed along the life cycle of the franchise ..... NRS did a fantastic game, that surely will bring some of its stuff for the new MK10 in future, the same way, MK series can bring some elements for IGAU 2, so, NRS and Ed Boon did very well done for the very first IGAU game .....

There is no perfect FG, only if every player , could build a very own version of the game, changing everything he/she could think as out of place, so, out of question in real wolrd ....

MK and IGAU are brothers games, coming from the same creator, so, both have qualitites and defects ..... none are better than other, they are just 2 separated franchises, trying to bring different proposition for fighting game competitive scene :D

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
you guys forget a huge part of mk9 was it being on a big stage for the first time. mk9 suffered the same as all the other mk game. still does to this day.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Not even old school guys like J360 or Tom could tell how the game was going to pan out at all. Hell, I think Spooky during a stream at one point acknowledged how different the game was playing. No one had any idea.

Sure you know what works now, but who is to say there's nothing new to find that will drastically alter IGAU? It took a while for people to learn that in MK9, including the more experienced players.

I think at the end of it all, if anything, the game's downfall will be that it's not MK, tbh. Because a lot of the talking points against IGAU did very much apply to MK9. Note who all agrees with Scar. And look at who either doesn't have an opinion or doesn't agree.
I really think the training mode has greatly accelerated the learning process. I'd say more tech has been figured out and there is more knowledge about INJ now than there was about MK9 in 6+ months. MK9 developed so slow because

1) Horrible training mode
2) Lack of frame data for a long time

I think if MK9 had Injustice's training mode it would have been where it is now in half the time (if not less)

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

I remember when MK first came out. I enjoyed it because it was MK, not because it was a "great fighting game" or anything like that, but because it was a revamp on the original 2D MKs, which is one of my favorite series of all time. I would HATE it when Capcom players would trash MK because it was a game that I loved, and I know I wasn't alone. I think it's safe to say every MK player on this site hated when people from other communities would bash MK, and would run to its defense.

you should do a poor flash sig, drops his combo only does 50% , his BnB's do 60% or above from every combo start with trait :) oh and if you do this you should like total tag me in it :)