What's new

Maybe its just me...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Man, you guys are gonna be fuckin' pissed when NRS makes MK10 and it's basically just Injustice 2 with fatalities. Oh....and Batman and Superman as guest character DLC.

Season Pass 1:

Mokap
Kobra
Hsu Hao
Batman

Season Pass 2:

Meat
Ashrah
Li Mei
Superman

GET HYPE.

Sheeeeit. I think Ashrah's the only one out of all of them with a legit shot to get in (even though Hsu Hao is my boy.)

There can be no MK10 without Onaga and Blaze.
The ENTIRE 3D generation story was based around the two of them, for christ's sake.
If you can play Doomsday in IGAU, there's no reason we can't have a legit MK9-style version of the Dragon King.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Injustice is WAY more similar to MK than Marvel. Chris g was tester, Arturo had the game before it came out as well. How many non-tester capcom players are making it to the top? Watch me vs Alucard in top 8, end of that story. NYCFab is a Tekken player, he's a beast I'll give him that. Justice Wong placed 4th in a week one tournament when the game very first came out, but 1st and 2nd place in that tournament was Tyrant and WonderChef...... Oh yeah, those are Mortal Kombat players. Justin has been getting knocked out pretty early at majors now.

Listen, I'm not saying Capcom players suck. I'm saying they normally don't place higher in Injustice tournaments than MK players, and there aren't nearly as many Capcom players say in top 16 than there are MK players. If you count the top 16 from the past five Injustice majors, count how many MK players were in top 16 and how many Capcom players were in top 16, MK players are probably more than triple the number of the Capcom players. Also an MK player has won 1st place in every single tournament as of yet, except for Ufgt9 this weekend. That's the truth of it. And the only reason I'm talking shit and making competition out of it is because Capcom players said they were going to pick up Injustice and beat MK players at our own game. So far they are failing pretty badly at trying to back up that statement.

That crown is fucking hillarious.

Also: I agree.
IMO, Chris G shouldn't even go down as just a Capcom player. He's THE fighting game player at the moment.
All he needs is to pick up Yoshimitsu and Nina in TTT2 and have a Hidden Random Whopper $$$ Match with Kayane in SCV (where I would hope he'd draw Algol and just drop chairs on people all day), and he'd be a champion of all trades.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I feel like we're choosing to jump around like idiots because its a new game and we don't 100% understand how to deal with things yet. Watch tournament matches from the first couple of months of MK's life. People were jumping a lot at that time as well. Also, you use Deathstroke as well right? He has a few solid anti airs. neutral j3, sword flip, ags. I just think this game is very different from MK and players aren't adjusting to how the footsies work in this game so it's easier to say it's scrubby.
I can't read your posts even if its good

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Sheeeeit. I think Ashrah's the only one out of all of them with a legit shot to get in (even though Hsu Hao is my boy.)

There can be no MK10 without Onaga and Blaze.
The ENTIRE 3D generation story was based around the two of them, for christ's sake.
If you can play Doomsday in IGAU, there's no reason we can't have a legit MK9-style version of the Dragon King.
I was just trolling. I played Hsu Hao, as well....although I thought he was a shit character design. There was a shit ton of absolutely terrible characters they came out with during the 3D era. Bo Rai Cho was the only one I thought was kind of cool with potential.

The biggest problem with this game is that there isn't a dedicated thread on the first page of the forum for people to meet up and play games online. You know, just post that you're online looking for matches and people can add you or what not.

That is my biggest gripe, seriously.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
That crown is fucking hillarious.

Also: I agree.
IMO, Chris G shouldn't even go down as just a Capcom player. He's THE fighting game player at the moment.
All he needs is to pick up Yoshimitsu and Nina in TTT2 and have a Hidden Random Whopper $$$ Match with Kayane in SCV (where I would hope he'd draw Algol and just drop chairs on people all day), and he'd be a champion of all trades.
Devil from NYC already plays that team. I honestly don't know what team he'd play in TTT2, maybe Feng, Bruce, Bob, Capos, or Nina?

injustice has footsies but these footsies go out the window once some characters have their trait up. Unlike other traditional fighting games and even in MK you have a lot more control over what is happening. in injustice you have interactables, combos that switch sides near the corner or combos get dropped because of other specific situations. not everything is under control and that creates randomness which caters to casual players. and when you lose control over the situation you won't be able to walk back to avoid jumpins unless you are one of the few characters in the game that have a solid anti air.

injustice has footsies but these footsies go out the window once some characters have their trait up. Unlike other traditional fighting games and even in MK you have a lot more control over what is happening. in injustice you have interactables, combos that switch sides near the corner or combos get dropped because of other specific situations. not everything is under control and that creates randomness which caters to casual players. and when you lose control over the situation you won't be able to walk back to avoid jumpins unless you are one of the few characters in the game that have a solid anti air.

What's random about knowing a characters trait and how to deal with it?

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
-And you're telling me footsies don't go out of the window with some characters in Mk9? Please....

-If your combo consistently drops or switches sides in the corner, then it isn't random at all as you know it's going to happen. You can take control of that.

-No one walks back to avoid jump ins. People walk back to block jump ins. On wakeup, you're supposed to block the jump in on most characters. This is true for most games without a wakeup system as busted as Mk9's.

-And you're telling me footsies don't go out of the window with some characters in Mk9? Please....

-If your combo consistently drops or switches sides in the corner, then it isn't random at all as you know it's going to happen. You can take control of that.

-No one walks back to avoid jump ins. People walk back to block jump ins. On wakeup, you're supposed to block the jump in on most characters. This is true for most games without a wakeup system as busted as Mk9's.

those are 2 characters and not a whole game, but that is a problem of mk yes.

all stages are different in this game youre not going to tell me people never drop combos because of this it is going to keep happeneing even a year from now and swichting sides is just one problem out of many.

if you walk back and they whiff their jump attacks they are vulnerable.

all stages are different in this game youre not going to tell me people never drop combos because of this it is going to keep happeneing even a year from now and swichting sides is just one problem out of many.

What do stages have to do with dropping combos? I don't see a connection there at all.

How is switching sides a problem? If you're in the corner, obviously you want to use whatever tools you have to get out. If you've got them in the corner, you would obviously never use something that puts them out of the corner. You would try to prevent them from doing something that gets them out.

I don't understand anything you're trying to say to be honest.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!

-It's not a problem with the whole game in Injustice either.

-What in the hell does that even mean? Yes stages have different interact ables but that's it. The corner and midscreen in one stage is no different than the corner or midscreen in another. The only stage that I can think of that MAY ever influence a combo is Metropolis Ground because the floating car decreases jump heights and such.

-Ok? I still don't understand where you're going with this.

dabuz

Noob
I'm really enjoying this game, a lot more than I enjoyed MK9 because I feel like I have more options for zoning and defensive play. The one thing which does turn me off however is all the universal things (all grabs do 11%, everyone having an overhead safe on block F3 or a D2 AA, constant 6/7 frame D1s, most of the standing 1s are quick short ranged high moves, ect.) Apart from special moves, a lot of characters just feel too similar.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'll be the one to say it, this thread has way too much bias.

I'll also say that people are calling the game scrubby because they are expecting everything they learned from MK to apply exactly the same. It doesn't. The game, from a fundamental standpoint, is so far removed from MK9 that the base engine is barely recognizable outside of obvious points.

Not to mention, a bunch of you guys weren't exactly beating scrubby shit early on in MK. Hell the early months I played a flowchart Reptile and there was only a small handful of people that could beat me, and I never placed outside of top 8 that entire year. I mean, shit, Pig stopped using Smoke because how I was playing was difficult to play against since it was so early and no one knew anything, and only picked up Mileena because she was the easiest counter to Reptile at the time (Not putting you on blast, just using examples). 1 year later, and I was happy I made top 24 at MLG.

Games change a lot, even after the balance changes are finished. You guys should know this from experience.