What's new

Martian Manhunter My honest thoughts

You guys agree?

• Total voters

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
This argument is mind numbing. Can we avoid the High School Musical Callouts and just discuss the salient points made throughout the thread?
Yes Martians top tier. There's been a new thread about him the last like 3 days and I've been hearing Brady & Dave complain about him the last 2 days. We all get it. I don't understand why everyone is STILL talking about this.

Um actually people do care who is good or bad at injustice right now. Especially when it's someone like you who keeps talking out their ass. You lose.
Ducky dont miss with this guy he said hes better than me too. Why? Because he won a gamestop tournament. He wins all arguments.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I just hope there's a character in MK10 ten times more retarded than Kabal and MMH combined. I'm sure NRS will deliver.
Statistically, that remains to be seen, but I'm sure the community will superficially force that honor on whoever turns out to be #1 in MK10 anyway. And then another upon another in subsequent patches.

dittO

Noob
I agree with REO about the orbs. Since I don't believe they will patch the game and only hotfix, there is only one thing I can think of that would make MMH a bit more fair without killing him. When he gets hit, the orbs on the screen disappear. That actually may take a patch though now that I think about it.

BUT.. I have been in the FGC from the very birth of the arcade fighter and to call so many of MMH's tools "broken" is actually false. TBH, almost nothing that is considered "broken" in this game is actually broken. Only broken thing about MMH is how he uses interactables. He gets a guaranteed OH Teleport mix up from hitting you with an UNBLOCKABLE object. The interactable itself will do between 16-22%, then you have to take the safe mix up which leads to a 40% combo. Too add insult to injury, when near an interactable MMH can hit you with a 40% combo ending in MB Phase charge, giving him the interactable guaranteed. The interactable gives a hard knockdown and grants an OH Teleport cross up mix up for another 40% combo if you guess wrong.

That one scenario is probably the ONLY actual thing that is broken. The rest of his tools are just really powerful/over powered. However, being OP doesn't make you broken, it just makes you a really good character.
+1000000
I was about to reply to this thread, but then I decided to at least first read what has been posted so far. In around page 4 I found the post above, so, there is not any reason for me to reply anymore. I have been completely covered by this reply.

And for some people that still believe that MMH's random OH Teles are OP, I have one thing to say:
If you can't react with MB B3 (or MB F3) against random OH Teles, it must mean one of two things. Either you haven't get used to "seeing" this move, OR your reflexes are not that good (I said that as gentlier as possible).
OH Tele usage is what separates an experienced MMH player than an inexperienced one.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
As far as MD/DC/VA/DE, you are going to compare the likes of Kevo at the end of MK9 and FlippinFlava to the strength that scene has now? It's unquestionably a better scene now overall. Those guys mostly play each other online, but they are very consistent, have a number of great players and they show up in droves at tournaments in the region. I wouldn't call their scene 'dead' or 'dropped'.
We do still have an Injustice scene around here, when the game first game out everyone picked it up and those who wanted to get better at it got better over time, while the rest just continued to play it casually. We have at least a few players at our meetups so it's not really "dead" just not as active when the game first came out (which is normal).

While some people have dropped IGAU like LulzLou, and a lot of people have picked up Injustice who didn't take MK9 seriously, I'm one of those people.

It feels like both of these are true for a lot of regions out there, a lot of people picking up IGAU who didn't play MK9 seriously, a lot of people dropping IGAU because they like MK9 better. When IGAU came out there was a LOT of people playing it casually, and since month 1 casually = you can enter a majorLOL there was a lot of players (like a lot of the capcom guys).

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
+1000000
I was about to reply to this thread, but then I decided to at least first read what has been posted so far. In around page 4 I found the post above, so, there is not any reason for me to reply anymore. I have been completely covered by this reply.

And for some people that still believe that MMH's random OH Teles are OP, I have one thing to say:
If you can't react with MB B3 (or MB F3) against random OH Teles, it must mean one of two things. Either you haven't get used to "seeing" this move, OR your reflexes are not that good (I said that as gentlier as possible).
OH Tele usage is what separates an experienced MMH player than an inexperienced one.
I can react fine to the overhead tele. The problem is when they mix in the low tele, my dash/MB b3/walk forward and punish with 6frame reversal gets caught.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
lol and here the community is making threads saying you guys need to stop blowing people up. lol
u never placed top 8 at anything? i thought u made top 8 at like kombat huston
Are you retarded? I've never been to Texas.
Are you retarded? I've never been to Texas.
im retarded? says the guy that cant make top 8 with kenshi....
Child please

This here Honkey make steak that his cheese can't griddle while wiping saucy fries till that grease ain't sizzlin'
Wipe EM on up son cause Charlie ain't kicking jive ass turkey fool don't be making flesh cash bets u me momma mean papa daddy can't ca$h

Bitch