What's new

Manface...

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Because she's a girl, and that's one of a girl's trait - to look good.
You have a lot to learn about the world, little man.

Wah, a video game woman isn't hot. She's a warrior princess, not a supermodel.

Maybe the DOA series is more up your alley if that's what you're worried about.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
You have a lot to learn about the world, little man.

Wah, a video game woman isn't hot. She's a warrior princess, not a supermodel.

Maybe the DOA series is more up your alley if that's what you're worried about.
What should I learn? That disproportionate is better than proportionate? Compare default costume and alternate (regime) costumes. Both are armored, but the first is disproportionate for a woman, second however is great, while still representing a warrior and being feminine at the same time. Wonder Woman is still more feminine than DOA plastic dolls.

Yea WW looks weird, I notice they slowly started to fix her though b/c her regime skin looks a ton better. I got no problem with distinct faces (Raven looks fine and it fits her persona) it's just for WW it doesn't quite fit her at all. For a character who is widely known to be gorgeous as well as strong, yes it's hella awkward lol.

Overall, it's not so much looking "pretty" it's making WW look like WW.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Wonder Woman looks like a caveman and Raven's face straight up looks like MK9 Sindel & Sheeva mashed together. She has those tranny cheekbones.

WW does look better in her Red Son/New 52. But garbage isn't a huge step up from shit. I just wish to thundergod that they'd fire the cocksucker that models the female faces in NRS. Because he can't fucking get it right.

Fingers crossed they do another remodel on the Odyssey look.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Wonder Woman looks like a caveman and Raven's face straight up looks like MK9 Sindel & Sheeva mashed together. She has those tranny cheekbones.

WW does look better in her Red Son/New 52. But garbage isn't a huge step up from shit. I just wish to thundergod that they'd fire the cocksucker that models the female faces in NRS. Because he can't fucking get it right.

Fingers crossed they do another remodel on the Odyssey look.
I heard rumors a while back that she was using the Nightwolf model. Not sure if it is true or a joke. Either way it applies.
:16Bit

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Yea WW looks weird, I notice they slowly started to fix her though b/c her regime skin looks a ton better. I got no problem with distinct faces (Raven looks fine and it fits her persona) it's just for WW it doesn't quite fit her at all. For a character who is widely known to be gorgeous as well as strong, yes it's hella awkward lol.

Overall, it's not so much looking "pretty" it's making WW look like WW.

This post I can understand and get behind. But WW's beauty in the comics is mostly a product of something like this...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MostCommonSuperPower
I mean, think about it. Is there any superheroine who isn't hot and stacked? The same goes for female video game characters. This game features some female characters who aren't attractive and the Earth trembles with the anger of the FGC. I have seen multiple posts about Raven and WW not being hot enough.

NRS is trying to make her more appealing to the feminists... even though she appears to be a man. Weird. :16Bit
This is the kind of snide shit that Tumblr goes nuts over. I know that type of community can be over-the-top with the political correctness, but sometimes I feel like I can't blame them when their efforts are met with more gender-policing veiled as comedy. Women who are ugly or look like men can't inspire other women and don't count as women themselves. Hilarious.

What should I learn? That disproportionate is better than proportionate? Compare default costume and alternate (regime) costumes. Both are armored, but the first is disproportionate for a woman, second however is great, while still representing a warrior and being feminine at the same time. Wonder Woman is still more feminine than DOA plastic dolls.

What you should learn is that some people aren't proportionate, and your judgments of their beauty are irrelevant. I know at its core this thread is about you expressing disappointment in NRS's design and execution in graphics, but when you say shit like "Because she's a girl, and that's one of a girl's trait - to look good" and call her a manface, I can't help but cringe that that's the way you think of women. It's not an innate function or necessary quality of women to be physically appealing to you. This is just you, as a gamer and a male, expecting to be catered to in the custom you have been for years. Beyond that, this is like the 10th thread I've seen about WW not being hot enough. Play someone hotter I guess if it's that important to you.

I know I'm very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much barking up the wrong tree saying this kind of thing to the FGC, but if you care that women feel alienated in the gaming culture or that this is how the community conceptualizes the role of a woman, think on what I'm saying here.

If not I guess just flame me with some illogical anti-feminist Aris-type arguments. That's how this kind of thing usually goes down in my experience, but I'm gonna keep trying either way.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Feminists are the new black Americans.
"You hate me cause I'm an ugly girl"
Uh, no bitch, i hate you cause all you talk about is bring an ugly girl. Ngaf.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Groove Heaven
First: look at the date this thread has been created, it's one of the first, if not the first made (I had to reload the OP pic because the original one broke)
Second: while I could play someone hotter as you say, I will not because WW has an attitude I also like, and I wrote about it in another thread
Third: GTFO with this FGC and women shittalk, it has nothing to do with it.
There's many reasons why we, men, like women, be it warriors, balerines, policemen for god's sakes, and one of them is being beautiful. I'm not saying it's all they should be, but it is what it is. Thank god for WW's alternate costume.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
If not I guess just flame me with some illogical anti-feminist Aris-type arguments. That's how this kind of thing usually goes down in my experience, but I'm gonna keep trying either way.

Feminists are the new black Americans.
"You hate me cause I'm an ugly girl"
Uh, no bitch, i hate you cause all you talk about is bring an ugly girl. Ngaf.

It's almost like I'm clairvoyant.

I'm also a man.

I'm not saying it's all they should be, but it is what it is.
8/10 for the ballsy backpedal attempt

Yeah this whole thing was probably a mistake.

webreg

Noob
While I agree, that her looks are befitting for an amazonian Warrior there is something wrong with Wonder Woman specifically. Her lore not only suggest she should look "better" but it outright states it. She was molded from clay and then brought to life "beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, stronger than Hercules, and swifter than Mercury". Wow, Aphrodite must be a Horse or something. So I think her look is not deliberate on NRS's part but their modellers and artists seem to have major issues creating convincing female anatomy and faces. Maybe they never saw one up close, I don't know.

Goldi

Noob
It's in the eyes and cheeks is all I think. Men like big eyes and soft, full features on a woman's face. It suggests youth. Pretty basic biology and a multi million dollar cosmetic industry agree.

The MK girls all had stronger facial features, like in the jaw most noticeably on the female ninjas. I've always thought it had something to do with the masks. A smaller chin and more delicate features might have made the big blue/pink/green masks harder to animate or notice or something. Like half of their face was designed around matching a ninja costume. You can't expect too much from that lol.

I don't know though. I only worry about my own face.