What's new

Magic: The Gathering thread.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
=) What format do you play?
What ever comes up. Standard, Legacy, I used to play a lot of vintage, I don't play modern as much as i used too. I play EDH cause i hate myself. Draft depending on the set. Been playing a lot of standard recently.

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
What ever comes up. Standard, Legacy, I used to play a lot of vintage, I don't play modern as much as i used too. I play EDH cause i hate myself. Draft depending on the set. Been playing a lot of standard recently.
I'm getting into standard myself. Currently doing a Khans draft league.

Reactions: Jer

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I revived this thread because I need an opinion on a deck that I want to build for this weekend, since there's a Pro Tour Qualifier that I want to participate. This is what it consists of so far
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-10-14-rgb-tokens/

Hmm, I'm just gunna assume this is what you have to work with atm?

Heart piercer bow is kinda meh, and 1 copy of Soul of Zendikar probably won't live for a turn, even though you can still make a token from the GY. More copys of Xenagos would be good, but he's like 20$ now so I don't blame you.

Indecisive

I revived this thread because I need an opinion on a deck that I want to build for this weekend, since there's a Pro Tour Qualifier that I want to participate. This is what it consists of so far
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-10-14-rgb-tokens/
The question is how much are you willing to spend on the deck?

@Indecisive @VGMtheVagabond

Nice! I play Standard myself. Main deck atm is Junk Aggro(or midrange if I feel like it), along with Jeskai Ascendancy. You guys?
In standard i play Junk Reanimator. Its great Whipping back hornet queens

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
The question is how much are you willing to spend on the deck?

In standard i play Junk Reanimator. Its great Whipping back hornet queens
Ahhh yes, reanimator. Good times :) Zaf is playing U/B control atm, he played Mono Black Devotion pre rotation though, where as I played Midrange Junk, Mono Blue Devotion, and Rabble Red

Indecisive

Ahhh yes, reanimator. Good times :) Zaf is playing U/B control atm, he played Mono Black Devotion pre rotation though, where as I played Midrange Junk, Mono Blue Devotion, and Rabble Red
Pre Rotation i was playing Mono U. But i barely played magic at the time. I have always been a fan of Reanimator and played it in standard a lot. From Angel of glory rising, to Craterhoof, unburial rites, etc. U/B is weird. I played against it at States and won. Ashiok was not kind to him and he hit mostly lands off my deck.

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
Hmm, I'm just gunna assume this is what you have to work with atm?

Heart piercer bow is kinda meh, and 1 copy of Soul of Zendikar probably won't live for a turn, even though you can still make a token from the GY. More copys of Xenagos would be good, but he's like 20$ now so I don't blame you.
It's actually what I have minus a couple cards (Don't have Zendikar or the Caryatids, got Xenagos as a door prize), but I do plan to buy more stuff this week. Honestly, Heart-Piercer Bow is basically to get rid of chump blockers.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Pre Rotation i was playing Mono U. But i barely played magic at the time. I have always been a fan of Reanimator and played it in standard a lot. From Angel of glory rising, to Craterhoof, unburial rites, etc. U/B is weird. I played against it at States and won. Ashiok was not kind to him and he hit mostly lands off my deck.
U/B with Ashiok isn't good imo, U/B with Perilous Vault and Pearl Lake Ancient is better

It's actually what I have minus a couple cards (Don't have Zendikar or the Caryatids, got Xenagos as a door prize), but I do plan to buy more stuff this week. Honestly, Heart-Piercer Bow is basically to get rid of chump blockers.
Ah okay. You should pick up some Bile Blights maybe

Indecisive

U/B with Ashiok isn't good imo, U/B with Perilous Vault and Pearl Lake Ancient is better

Ah okay. You should pick up some Bile Blights maybe
It seemed to be an early build of UB control. The version with Vault and PLA seems much better. As long as you don't get the PLA in the early game :/

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
It seemed to be an early build of UB control. The version with Vault and PLA seems much better. As long as you don't get the PLA in the early game :/
Yeah for real. Get that card Thoughtseized and you're in REAL trouble

Indecisive

Bile Blight looks like such a weird card.

Added two, maybe two extra in sideboard.
Bile Blight is insanse. It helps deal with a lot of aggro decks. Kills Rabble and rabble tokens. Helps to deal with Tokens and such. Nothing really bad to say except the mana.

VGMtheVagabond

Salt Mine CEO
Bile Blight is insanse. It helps deal with a lot of aggro decks. Kills Rabble and rabble tokens. Helps to deal with Tokens and such. Nothing really bad to say except the mana.
With this deck and special thanks to the dual lands from Khans (and Market Festival), two black mana isn't that bad of a cost.

zaf

professor
Yea I am playing b/u control right now with pearl lake/perilous vault. Deck is insane.
Side board has murk lurker for aggro, so good

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I play MTG Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015 on steam if anybody wants to get some games in. I've been trying out a Vampire based deck lately in the spirit of Halloween being close by.

9_Lives

Noob
Just got back into Standard, playing mostly Khans. Anyone got any decks with the newer cards in them? Curious if there are any other Abzans out there.

haketh

Noob
Primarily play Modern on Cockatrice, I go by Haketh on there also so if anyone ever wants to play hit me up here or on there