What's new

"Magic is easy as one... two... three!" - Zatanna BnB combos

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
couple things to note just in case nobody saw my status yesterday:

-lightning legs doesn't give +16 on it like the frame data says.. it is more like +1. Until this is fixed, end resets with hat instead as it is +13

-ending blockstrings with EX hat is awesome because it is an overhead and is +9 on block, and people will be expecting the lightning legs low starter usually so this is a pretty good mixup imo

52 card pickup gives a hard knockdown, but ending combos in 11d3 is also a hard knockdown and gives way more advantage. Here is a 2 bar corner combo illustrating this: (video coming later)
j2~levi j2 b21~ex tele 3~ex trance, j2~levi j2 f3 j3~levi j3 112 11d3 - 54%

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
i cant be the only ending combos in f21 can I?

f21 front tele low/overhead
f21 crossup tele low/overhead
f21 clones front jf3 crosses up
f21 clones mid jf2 stays in front
f21 ex fireball teleport
f21 trait... etc etc etc

MissingNo

it ain't easy being green
Basically, you're not hitting the ji3 late enough. You have to do it at almost the lowest point possible before you touch the ground. That will cause the landing to cancel your j3's recovery while slightly bouncing your opponent up. Just be careful, because if yoi hit the ji3 at the absolute lowest frame, it won't juggle them high enough for the bf3 to hit. You'll only really notice that once you start to get really good at it thought. For now, just shoot for hitting the ji3 as late as possible.
Thanks, that helped a lot! I noticed an important auditory cue: press 3 as soon as the shimmering sound from U3 fades away.

p.s. what is dj2?

kevkopdx

Noob
hard to pull off but cool looking --- ji2, u3, d3, db3 25% that db3 can be executed VERY low to the ground

maybe a good pressure tool after a combo that leaves them standing?

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
So what are the go to combos everyone is using? I see so many variations of the same thing I cant't even choose :p

Invincibeast

Stay Free
42% 2 bar - j2, 3 xx bf3 MB j2 22 xx bf1 MB b3 j2 bf2

40% 2 bar reset with button scramble if you replace the j2 bf2 at the end with bf3.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
OP Updated! The list is not complete... I have been a bit busy... But i will be updating pretty often! I'm sorry fpr update it until today! Also i added at the end which combos lead to:
* Standing Reset
* Hard Knockdown
* Your opponent can't wake up
* Opponent at full screen

MissingNo

it ain't easy being green
hiiiiiii im back with another question!!!! ok now im sure im hitting ji3 as late as possible but I can't seem to get the timing right for the next string. I had a rhythm down before and was hitting it 3/5 times but I took a break and now I've lost it! I'm trying to find some sort of cue to indicate the timing. Before I struck 2 as I saw the flash from ji3 (by the time I react, I would usually have landed) but that's not really working now. I will continue to search for the timing but any hints would be appreciated! this is certainly not as easy as 1 2 3...

you having trouble hitting j3 into 223? try to hit the j3 not too high up. from there it's just 223 dawg, and don't mash it, doesn't help

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Anyone messing around with teleport mid combo?

I've been trying different starters and enders from a Multi Kick launch with a teleport:

[B+2,1/3], Multi Kick MB, B3, du (teleport), 223~[Trance/Trait/Teleport/Ring toss/Cards] 31%-34% 1 bar

I have some ideas I need to try out tomorrow also with teleport, the meter bun version should be fast enough to work like I have in mind but we'll see...I def. think she has some more sick stuff to be found

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok, think I've finally come up with max damage vortex combo.

(Low) b1u3, ji3, 112~bf3 (MB), ji2 etativel cancel 2 (33%)
(Overhead) b23, ji2, 223~bf3 (MB), ji2 etativel cancel 2 (31%)

That's quite decent.