is dragon's fire s+

• yeah

Votes: 84 68.9%
  • nah

Votes: 38 31.1%

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
A top 2 point that Mileena downplayers make is that Mileena has bad pokes.

Kang, Lao, Tanya, all have bad pokes. Arguably top 3 in the game.

But yeah he's S+. no doubt

Woah. What has Xara done that we consider him the best Liu in the world???
i think ppl mean show casing his cancels , mixups and combos . also dragons fire ppl are just talking about the character. there is no representation of him offline , only zyphox in one tournament. lets not make this a debate thread lol :)

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
he's been doing quite well @ESL and will be playing at the finals as well
Yeah but EU ESL is meh. Online winnings are meh in general. Not trying to make this a debate thread, I've just literally never seen any offline footage of him so I was confused at people saying he's the best in the world. Like, what do they know that I don't? Lol.

Tofato

Noob
Is to bad that suddenly an Amazing Kang player appear and Start winning and suddenly Kang is S+++++, I think the ppl that did this tier list just trying not to give the Credit to this player and downgrade him by saying Kang is Op.
XARAKAMAKA Beat them up till Kang becomes GOD Tier ultra S +++++++++++++

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Yeah but EU ESL is meh. Online winnings are meh in general. Not trying to make this a debate thread, I've just literally never seen any offline footage of him so I was confused at people saying he's the best in the world. Like, what do they know that I don't? Lol.
Are you serious? EU has some amazing players that are so good at this game. If you don't think Foxy vs Xaraka is extremely high level and doesn't count because it's online, you need to get something looked at. When both players respect the game as if it were offline, the online argument is invalid.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Is to bad that suddenly an Amazing Kang player appear and Start winning and suddenly Kang is S+++++, I think the ppl that did this tier list just trying not to give the Credit to this player and downgrade it by saying Kang is Op.
Some people here on tym are unbelievable. These guys are pretty much friends, and all from the UK. Why would they try to downplay the player? Even Xarakamaka himself said that the character is S+

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I wonder what the next patch will bring for Liu Kang, knowing NRS Dragon Fire is probably going to get some buffs

Immortal

Blind justice....
I wonder what the next patch will bring for Liu Kang, knowing NRS Dragon Fire is probably going to get some buffs
Yup. Also lets not forget about armored reversal for Summoner Quan, coz you know he is not good enough yet.

Sorry couldn't resist. :)

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
Are you serious? EU has some amazing players that are so good at this game. If you don't think Foxy vs Xaraka is extremely high level and doesn't count because it's online, you need to get something looked at. When both players respect the game as if it were offline, the online argument is invalid.

So are we taking online serious now? I knew I shouldn't have even posted this. Not saying they aren't both amazing players. I'm saying I have literally never seen Xara play offline. I was just confused about people saying he was the Liu of the world. Has he ever been on US soil? EU has amazing players. I never said different. Sorry that I can't take ESL seriously.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Jesus Christ people on those site need to level up. All this crying and bitching about this character and that character. Ffs do i even see a list cage users crying? If people spent more time leveling up and less time crying there would be many better players out there. Who isnt ridiculous in mkx. People on this site my god lol

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
So are we taking online serious now? I knew I shouldn't have even posted this. Not saying they aren't both amazing players. I'm saying I have literally never seen Xara play offline. I was just confused about people saying he was the Liu of the world. Has he ever been on US soil? EU has amazing players. I never said different. Sorry that I can't take ESL seriously.
I'm getting tired of this stupid argument. Why does a player have to travel to the US to be recognized? Europe has had tons of offline tournaments featuring amazing players, yet they need to prove themselves in the US to matter. That's just stupid. Also, have you ever considered that not everyone is able to travel to offline tournaments? The way Xarakamaka plays is just as viable online as offline (if anything, frame perfect fbc are harder to do online).

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
I'm getting tired of this stupid argument. Why does a player have to travel to the US to be recognized? Europe has had tons of offline tournaments featuring amazing players, yet they need to prove themselves in the US to matter. That's just stupid. Also, have you ever considered that not everyone is able to travel to offline tournaments? The way Xarakamaka plays is just as viable online as offline (if anything, frame perfect fbc are harder to do online).
I'm getting tired of this cancerous site and getting blown up for asking a simple question. NA has the best of the best. EU is great, but NA has the top killers. That's just the way it is. I was asking what he has done to make people say is he the Liu of the world, and someone responded with EU ESL. I was generally curious if he had ever been to a major in the states. Think what you want, but this is not the same game online that it is offline.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I'm getting tired of this cancerous site and getting blown up for asking a simple question. NA has the best of the best. EU is great, but NA has the top killers. That's just the way it is. I was asking what he has done to make people say is he the Liu of the world, and someone responded with EU ESL. I was generally curious if he had ever been to a major in the states. Think what you want, but this is not the same game online that it is offline.
I like how you think that Taco who actually travels to tournament in EU and USA may think that MK X is the same online and offline. Not to mention it wasn't even the point he was making.

I'm getting tired of this cancerous site and getting blown up for asking a simple question. NA has the best of the best. EU is great, but NA has the top killers. That's just the way it is.
Are we still in 2011? Coz that's NOT the way it is now.

@HatecraftsWife

For years the Mantra has always been, "online doesn't matter." When it comes to gauging the skill level of a player in relation to his peers. It seems to be different now because the very league is sponsored by the Developer. Or, it's to credit ones friends or favorite player.

I have no stake in the debate of best Liu Kang. It was just an observation.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I like how you think that Taco who actually travels to tournament in EU and USA may think that MK X is the same online and offline. Not to mention it wasn't even the point he was making.

Sonicfox and most of yomi dominate every major. Even at NEC. Stop. I

Please just stop...

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
He plays the best kung lao in the world regularly and goes even (you know, the one who put foot on American soil and got 2nd at Evo and wrecked at SCR). You're talking to a tournament player here man and I'm saying that him only being known for online doesn't make him any less good.

kaseyk

Noob
things df lk is great at and reasons why so many are considering him top tier right now
-rc plus frames
-getting in and being plus for 1 bar ( every character has options here and can counter it )
-keeping pressure going with rc and use of a bar
-breaking armor
-landing throws

things he is average at .
-zoning ( every character can get around this in mkx though lk is slightly above average but i wouldn't call it great or op or top 5 )
-damage
-converting into damage on odd hits
-corner carry
-corner game ( pretty much every character is scary when you're cornered )
-oki
-pokes
-armor
-safeness
-neutral game ( this could be put into bad category because of his reach i feel but kept it average do to dragon kick and iafb )

things he is bad at .
-relies on stamina so breakers are like a death sentence
-reach
-AA and dealing with crossup
-air normals
-air to air
-whiffing and is very punishable on whiff
-whiff punishing
-50/50 ( 22 is full combo punishable on block by all and b2 is only light punishable by a few and always should be a change in turn if blocked )
-stagger strings
-getting out of pressure or reversing pressure
-weakness to pokes and low profile
-wake ups
-high execution ( fbf is a stupid input in any fg and so is bf2-hold-ff-block both are commitments and alot of combos are inconsistent when they shouldn't be causing end of combo whiffs that get you punished , even the best lk players have this happen offline and online )
-has no restand ( poke at all the jc hate :p )

i disagree with him being an elite character , i don't think he is even top 10 . FF was S+ for like a week lol

things df lk is great at and reasons why so many are considering him top tier right now
-rc plus frames
-getting in and being plus for 1 bar ( every character has options here and can counter it )
-breaking armor
-landing throws

-zoning ( every character can get around this in mkx though lk is slightly above average but i wouldn't call it great or op or top 5 )
-damage
-corner carry
-oki
-pokes
-armor
-safeness
-neutral game ( this could be put into bad category because of his reach i feel but kept it average do to dragon kick and iafb )

things he is bad at .
-reach
-air normals
-air to air
-whiff punishing
-50/50 ( 22 is full combo punishable on block by all and b2 is only light punishable by a few and always should be a change in turn if blocked )
-stagger strings
-wake ups
-high execution ( fbf is a stupid input in any fg and so is bf2-hold-ff-block both are commitments and alot of combos are inconsistent when they shouldn't be causing end of combo whiffs that get you punished , even the best lk players have this happen offline and online )

i disagree with him being an elite character , i don't think he is even top 10 . FF was S+ for like a week lol
yes what he says guys , liu kang is at least 15th worst in this game! , turn your attentions elsewhere now , spread out to the other characters :D ggs

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
-rc plus frames
-breaking armor
-landing throws

-damage
-corner carry
-oki
-pokes
-armor
-safeness

things he is bad at .
-reach
-air normals
-air to air
-whiff punishing
-stagger strings
-wake ups

Dragons fire is definitely top 10. Just not S+ God that people claim. Most of which get blown the hell up by people using him. Id place him S or AT THE LOWEST A+ for sure. Hes most definitely a top 10 character imo