is dragon's fire s+

• yeah

Votes: 84 68.9%
  • nah

Votes: 38 31.1%

• Total voters

Immortal

Blind justice....
who said i'm not playing him perfectly wtf. i can play him fine his run cancels are nothing compared to d'vorah who i also play perfectly. how is saying he's s or a+EXTREME downplay dude e's good he's not even close to tanya level he's just good not amazing. how are you gonna say someone who's fastest mid hitting button is 9 frames is somehow just a GOD no one else in s+ or s tier is that slow
"Not even close to Tanya level" - thats an extreme downplay right here. Tanya has gaps in all her pressure options which are easy armored throu or just backdashed (anywhere but the corner) and if she doesn't delay rekkas than she is hella - and punishable by anybody. Liu Kang is better then Tanya, he doesn't have gaps (not like those anyway).

This Liu Kang downplay is ridiculous.

XxDark_

Noob
for all of you that think lui kang doesn't belong where he is on that tier list. PLEASE STOP WITH THE NONSENSE.

XxDark_

Noob
"Not even close to Tanya level" - thats an extreme downplay right here. Tanya has gaps in all her pressure options which are easy armored throu or just backdashed (anywhere but the corner) and if she doesn't delay rekkas than she is hella - and punishable by anybody. Liu Kang is better then Tanya, he doesn't have gaps (not like those anyway).

THANK YOU. finally someone understands that Tanya has gaps that are easy to deal with.

omooba

fear the moobs

Liu's pressure has to end regardless of whether or not you armor and he does have gaps. Tanya's doesn't. I'm not going to argue because trying to convince someone that one character is better than another is not easy, all I'll say is Tanya has no problems liu kang does

omooba

fear the moobs
THANK YOU. finally someone understands that Tanya has gaps that are easy to deal with.
you guys are acting like reckas are all tanya has
like her armor breaking into ex shurikin into armor breaking string has gaps. i play both characters and tanya just feels like a hurricane. like i said she has no problems. i'm never in a situation where i'm like i wish i had this or i wish i had that but liu kang has soooo many. his pressure is disgusting but he has problems that people with insane pressure don't have to worry about

Immortal

Blind justice....
Liu's pressure has to end regardless of whether or not you armor and he does have gaps. Tanya's doesn't. I'm not going to argue because trying to convince someone that one character is better than another is not easy, all I'll say is Tanya has no problems liu kang does
I strongly disagree. DF Liu Kang just goes for fucking MB flying kick after he is out stamina and of which he is +2 and than he continue pressure. And of course he build a meter in block pressure so yeah... his pressure will end.. by then youre usually half dead. And in game like MK X you usually have at least a bar of meter, so reallyy armoring throu Tanya delayed rekkas is easy even online and i know coz Taco does that to me all day long. She can't continue her pressure all day long as Kang can, unless your opponent is without meter and in a corner.

you guys are acting like reckas are all tanya has
like her armor breaking into ex shurikin into armor breaking string has gaps. i play both characters and tanya just feels like a hurricane. like i said she has no problems. i'm never in a situation where i'm like i wish i had this or i wish i had that but liu kang has soooo many. his pressure is disgusting but he has problems that people with insane pressure don't have to worry about
Without rekkas Tanya pressure is very limited, nothing to talk about really. Anything beside raw B1 into ex tonfa HAS gap (easy armor-able) or can be neutral ducked by some characters. Her b3,1,2 is +2 but has a gap which anybody can armor or even backdash of, not to mention +2 means very litlle since that string also has quite a pushback, oponnent can most of the times just NJP1 which will destroy almost any follow by her. She has many problems when youre facing someone who understand Tanya MU.

She's is my only character beside Kenshi that i play and while she is very good (no downplaying here) there is no way in hell that she is even close to be as ridiculous as DF Liu Kang is now.

Always knew that, like day 2 when i picked her up. People are just lazy, dont care about frames, don't lab anything and than they come to TYM and demands nerfs or better yet "she should be removed from the game". It's amusing, really.

Last edited:

XxDark_

Noob
I strongly disagree. DF Liu Kang just goes for fucking MB flying kick after he is out stamina and of which he is +2 and than he continue hes pressure. And of course he build a meter in block pressure so yeah... his pressure will end.. by then youre usually half dead. And in game like MK X you usually have at least a bar of meter, so reallyy armoring throu Tanya delayed rekkas is easy even online and i know coz Taco does that to me all day long. She can't continue her pressure all day long as Kang has unless your opponent is without meter and in a corner.

Without rekkas Tanya pressure is very limited, nothing to talk about really. Anything beside raw B1 into ex tonfa HAS gap (easy armor-able) or can be neutral ducked by some characters. Her b3,1,2 is +2 but has a gap which anybody can armor or even backdash of, not to mention +2 means very litlle since that string also has quite a pushback, oponnent can most of the times just NJP1 which will destroy almost any follow by her. She has many problems when youre facing someone who understand Tanya MU.

She's is my only character beside Kenshi that i play and while she is very good (no downplaying here) there is no way in hell that she is even close to be as ridiculous as DF Liu Kang is now.

Always knew that, like day 2 when i picked her up. People are just lazy, dont care about frames, don't lab anything and than they come to TYM and demands nerfs or better yet "she should be removed from the game". It's amusing, really.
couldn't have said it any better

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
@HatecraftsWife , EU is pretty equal in terms of skill in MKX.

There are many good EU players like Xaramaka, Foxy, Robo bros, Taco, Crathen, Nivek, etc etc.

Also lets not forget the fact that US players NEVER bothered travelling to EU during MKX and there have been many EU tournaments since MKX launched.

Regarding US tournies i keep seeing the same top 8 players in almost every major.

That wasnt the case with MK9.

Regarding DF LK, yeah i also believe, in the right hands, he is top 5, maybe top 3. He has MINOR problems, yes, but his advantages are much more than the problems he has. Thats why every character has variations and last i saw FF is pretty solid as well.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
who said i'm not playing him perfectly wtf. i can play him fine his run cancels are nothing compared to d'vorah who i also play perfectly. how is saying he's s or a+EXTREME downplay dude e's good he's not even close to tanya level he's just good not amazing. how are you gonna say someone who's fastest mid hitting button is 9 frames is somehow just a GOD no one else in s+ or s tier is that slow
This has helped confirm you have no idea what you're talking about.

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
Kung Lao, Lui Kang are bottom tier characters, Quan Chi is unviable, Tanya is super technical and your all right about everything.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Here's a question to spice it up
How many AMERICAN people believe Kang is S+ tier?

Even better is their any U.S. Kang players who believe he's S+ tier not S not A+ but S+ tier?

Note when judging a char there is a crucial rule
You judge a character from its highest practical execution
If Xaraka can do it in lag I'm sure that confirms its practical

So please stop with "he's too hard to play so he's not S Tier"

The same we heard with Kabal and look how he turned out

Last edited:

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
smu smang the handicap cousin of liu kang is actually more stupid and broken then liu kang but thats because of an accident he had on the great wall ( he fell off )

omooba

fear the moobs
I strongly disagree. DF Liu Kang just goes for fucking MB flying kick after he is out stamina and of which he is +2 and than he continue pressure. And of course he build a meter in block pressure so yeah... his pressure will end.. by then youre usually half dead. And in game like MK X you usually have at least a bar of meter, so reallyy armoring throu Tanya delayed rekkas is easy even online and i know coz Taco does that to me all day long. She can't continue her pressure all day long as Kang can, unless your opponent is without meter and in a corner.

b1 into reckas doesn't have a gap unless i'm tweaking cus i literally checked 5 hours ago and liu kang being plus 2 is like tanya being 0 because like i said he's slow as fuck and she's way better than kang and covers waaaay more match ups. there's a reason everyone plays tanya and only a few touch kang. everyone has tanya as s+ and only scrubs(kidding) have kang s+
This has helped confirm you have no idea what you're talking about.
ok? makes sense

omooba

fear the moobs
Would be amazing if you knew the next thing about how the character works before you lecture people who actually play her btw.

1. She doesn't have shurikens. He has Ex Tonfa Toss which makes her freeze for the duration, is a high, and can be low profiled or ducked and punished. Hell if you know the timing you can punish Tanya, then absorb the returning tonfa toss with armour or just block it with a Tanya lying on / about to get up from, the ground.

2. If she feels like a hurricane you don't know her frame data and/or getting outplayed. I'm going to tell you this: Rekka pressure is ass in comparison to what Liu has. End story. Tanya is hyped up because amazing people like MIT play her but she's not all that great.

3. Liu has no problems. No bad matchups. He can counterzone or rushdown at his heart's content, it's player skill withstanding whether or not the strategy will be successful but overall the character is incredibly well balanced, bordering needing a nerf but BORDERING because so far as we know today, he's pretty much beatable, just a chore to defeat.
i swear i had a heart attack when u said he has no problems. Even xarakama, the person everyone goes to when claiming liu kang is s+ has said he has a lot of problems. and if u think he can rushdown to his hearts content you obviously don't play him. i've said his zoning/spacing is disgusting and IMO the most consistent part of his game cus i've never been pressured by a liu kang and felt helpless. if you main him, dealing with his pressure will feel like trying to get out of scorpions vortex. can't we just agree that he's disgusting but not broke and definitely not as good as tanya IMO

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Whoa whoa whoa...let's get one thing straight here.

Tanya's rekka pressure in theory is easy to beat by just doing OS armor...if every character had a fast armor attack. The reality is that a majority of the cast can't just OS armor and cover both delayed and non delayed.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
pretty sure her b2 is 7 frames and breaks armor into full combo or pressure on block covering every option they have on wake up except delayed but i could be wrong
i'm pretty sure it's also a double high then overhead hittting move and not just a complete mid

Last edited: