is dragon's fire s+

• yeah

Votes: 84 68.9%
  • nah

Votes: 38 31.1%

• Total voters

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't have Xarakamaka, but I have 2 DF Kangs to play (@FOREVER KING JR and Master D). That character is absurd. His strengths are up there, and his only downside is handling pressure, which honestly is an issue other characters we consider high tier have. The ONLY reason we don't see Kang's potential is because the only Kang we really had traveling used FF for so long.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
His weaknesses are overshadowed by his zoning , guaranteed blockstring , meterbuilding , good enough armor options is what i'm saying. Cage would probably be as good as Liu if his zoning was on par with his , you can say Cage has better footsies when in f3 range and i somewhat agree but Liu has a slightly better air game , doesn't need to do highs to armor break , has better walkspeed. Like imo Liu Kang literally wins the Cage matchup just because his zoning destroys Cage space control anywhere outside f3 range and gets to pressure with his cancels more than Cage purely because of his control of the pace.
It's debatable though. Zoning isn't really a factor that makes sense when he isn't even a top 5 zoner. His zoning is just space control as it isn't really that good comparatively. Cages pressure is arguably better than Kang's AND is easier to start due to f3 range.
You're entitled to your opinon but i still think its 100% wrong.
Those are real weaknesses. I'm not even downplaying. I'm just not licking his nuts. The good must be discussed with the bad...even it it isn't really that bad.
Cage may have better mix up and armor but Liu has better zoning, so opponent must come to him, Liu also has better walk speed and damage. I think better zoning, space control and damage are the reasons why Kang is better than Cage
Again. This is debatable. Cage projectile is fine. Zoning is a part of both of their play styles when the time is right. F3 is dumb

Notez4

Noob
Cages pressure is arguably better than Kang's AND is easier to start due to f3 range.
Idk man. Mb flying kick has more range than that and leads to the mindgame, which in turn leads to the blockstring that leads back into the flying kick and gains enough meter to do it again.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Idk man. Mb flying kick has more range than that and leads to the mindgame, which in turn leads to the blockstring that leads back into the flying kick and gains enough meter to do it again.
That only works against the 4 characters who don't have 6-7 frame pokes fast enough to counter. Everyone else can stop his pressure. I thought this was known by now with all the Kang threads claiming infinite and all.

His pressure ends after FK mb unless your scared to swing or you play Kenshi, takeda, or the other 2 I forget. Even then they can trade an uppercut for 14%.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What? Cage doesn't have mix ups?
11 F2 and 113 isn't really a thing. If the 11 comes out on block, crouch, if the "3" part of 113 doesn't come out you best stand block. Throw is a thing but it's too risky. Imo the most important OH/low mixup is between D4 and F24 because d4 is like guarnteed pressure, and same thing with F24.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
11 F2 and 113 isn't really a thing. If the 11 comes out on block, crouch, if the "3" part of 113 doesn't come out you best stand block. Throw is a thing but it's too risky. Imo the most important OH/low mixup is between D4 and F24 because d4 is like guarnteed pressure, and same thing with F24.
When I read this, I think mixups

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yes cause I'm sure you've literally never ever been hit by that in your life. It's still a mixup bud. Even if it's not a 50/50 unreactable mixup it's still a mixup. And lol @ a throw being risky cmon.
Of course iv been hit by it but I practiced it and have been hit by it a lot less since then. Don't get me wrong, I hate when people downplay this character and there is plenty of things that make this character amazing. But the 113 and 11 F2 mixup isn't really something that makes him insane. I'll just rephrase my original point before I dig myself in deeper lol: He has below average mixups in comparison to the vast majority of the cast.

Immortal

Blind justice....
"no , the player can't be better than me, i can't beat him, better say his char is super broken "
Nope but please try again. Those new TYM members...

You here that boyz @st9rm, @Undeadjim, @Wam-Zlay and all the EU ESL player Liu Kang isn't that good, just Xaramaka outplays us all.

Here is a thought for you - maybe we actually played this MU billion of times and while Xarakamaka is really good there is no denying that Liu Kang is ridiculous.

Wigy

There it is...
It's debatable though. Zoning isn't really a factor that makes sense when he isn't even a top 5 zoner. His zoning is just space control as it isn't really that good comparatively. Cages pressure is arguably better than Kang's AND is easier to start due to f3 range.

Those are real weaknesses. I'm not even downplaying. I'm just not licking his nuts. The good must be discussed with the bad...even it it isn't really that bad.

Again. This is debatable. Cage projectile is fine. Zoning is a part of both of their play styles when the time is right. F3 is dumb
You can say he has weaknesses but cages pressure, space control, zoning, damage are all worse. Only thing cage has is better grab mixups and wakeup, though in some matchups lius armour is better.

Cage on paper looks crazy but when u play him enough his holes become quite apparent. Characters like goro and kotal completely shut down his footsies. Liu does too because he cant get into f3 range properly without sprinting and then he has no stamina and f3 is useless.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
You cant just pick up dragon fire like you can tanya,lao,quan but if your execution is on point he is S+ teir in my mind

Nope but please try again. Those new TYM members...

You here that boyz @st9rm, @Undeadjim, @Wam-Zlay and all the EU ESL player Liu Kang isn't that good, just Xaramaka outplays us all.

Here is a thought for you - maybe we actually played this MU billion of times and while Xarakamaka is really good there is no denying that Liu Kang is ridiculous.
I cant beat a player! they know... let me call my friends to help me, just like in the high school when someone botter me.

new member? ok, let me know if the "old members" all cry and ask nerfs when they cant beat someone.;)

Immortal

Blind justice....
I cant beat a player! they know... let me call my friends to help me, just like in the high school when someone botter me.

new member? ok, let me know if the "old members" all cry and ask nerfs when they cant beat someone.;)
New or old you seem to be really immune to facts.

Let me quote myself:

"maybe we actually played this MU billion of times and while Xarakamaka is really good there is no denying that Liu Kang is ridiculous."

Do you honestly think that we all just suck and can't adapt? Also we are not crying. Its our opinion that in the current state Liu Kang is ridiculous. Why? We already wrote here several times. So either represent some counter argument or don't bother in quoting me.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You can say he has weaknesses but cages pressure, space control, zoning, damage are all worse. Only thing cage has is better grab mixups and wakeup, though in some matchups lius armour is better.

Cage on paper looks crazy but when u play him enough his holes become quite apparent. Characters like goro and kotal completely shut down his footsies. Liu does too because he cant get into f3 range properly without sprinting and then he has no stamina and f3 is useless.
Once cage gets in on Kang he stays in and the match is over. Same thing the other way around. The difference to me is that Kang gets free b2 overhead and cage gets free d4 low. They are almost the same character. Cage has the overhead low and stagger pressure mixup. Kang only has the stagger pressure mixups.

New or old you seem to be really immune to facts.

Let me quote myself:

"maybe we actually played this MU billion of times and while Xarakamaka is really good there is no denying that Liu Kang is ridiculous."

Do you honestly think that we all just suck and can't adapt? Also we are not crying. Its our opinion that in the current state Liu Kang is ridiculous. Why? We already wrote here several times. So either represent some counter argument or don't bother in quoting me.
I honestly think liu is good, but not near s+. I guess you should ask for xarakamaka nerfs, or just should ask for some buffs fou you.;)

Wigy

There it is...
Once cage gets in on Kang he stays in and the match is over. Same thing the other way around. The difference to me is that Kang gets free b2 overhead and cage gets free d4 low. They are almost the same character. Cage has the overhead low and stagger pressure mixup. Kang only has the stagger pressure mixups.
Its about 92737x easier for liu to get in on cage. His screen control outside sweep range completely shuts down cage and other characters.

Don't get me started on his 3/4 screen +2 dragon kick.

Hands down thats going next patch.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
People act like Cage doesn't have anything to mix you up with. The fact that Cage has a lot high advantage cancels that let him jail various strings well means that you have to block through his strings unless you think a throw is coming. Is a throw risky? When you have to guess when he is going to, he has many points to do so, and not guessing right puts you back into the same shit, it's worth using to set up a bunch of conditioning. Cage's mixups go beyond simply having a high low game and into getting you off the block button on top of looking for the high low at times.