is dragon's fire s+

• yeah

Votes: 84 68.9%
  • nah

Votes: 38 31.1%

• Total voters

omooba

fear the moobs
what exactly does this character not have to be called s+?
advancing mid, pokes with decent speed, safe/launching overhead. he lacks enough to not me s+. all his wakeups can me low profiled too.
and everyone in s+ can deal with his pressure including 6frame poke quan 'IMO' and there's no one else in s+ w/o an advancing string except maybe quan

kaseyk

Noob
some good points but almost every character has a shitter variations and as far as i can tell unstoppable is jasons and not having a choice if you want to rise or not and lose your meter sucks .

jason is fun for casual play but in competitive play hes real bad . just set dvorah to d4 repeat and you will see what i mean he has real bad footsie tools and damage is blah .
@Phosferrax

i got very similar comments from this post and i did a similar list for jason that i couldnt find so i quoted this one as a simple example in which way down the road rang very true . anytime someone can give evidence to change my opinion thats ok with me i learned something .

this is my character and the only one i enjoy playing . i only play liu and put him through test after test and know his movement plus frames and pretty much everything about the character and am able to make use of it .

i have a very effective system for learning a character and how to deal with situations .
my list of points i feel are accurate i didn't just pull it out my ass . day 1 liu and will be a last day of mkx liu no matter how good or bad he is .

i have him upper mid or A as the more recent lists are ordered people are letting liu get away with to much . still which doesn't matter it is opinion .

I missed a "more" in that sentence. There have been some successes and my point was I wanted to see more of those successes. I tend to root for foreigners because they tend to be the underdogs so to speak. But I see how that comment can be misconstrued.

American players don't travel to Europe because they have no reason to. Most EU tournaments aren't considered as competitive and most don't have big enough pots to justify U.S. players going over there(although there was a 10k tournament over there I thought, so that might not be the only reason).

Im not saying any of that is fair, but it makes sense why people would be hesitant to call Xara the best in the world. I wish him the best of luck at KiT.
i not been offline yet but i guess ppl go by my stream games and esl winnings for it but ppl seem to forget playing esl in a lot of ganes being 1 second delay its actually very hard for me with sragons fire. the offline liu kang dragons fire is yet to be claimed IMO . but everything you see from this point is prob from me anyway since i found pretty much everything from the start with liu kang , all highest combos in two variations , aa , corner and midscreen . most techs, his fbrc true block strings post and pre patch, true frame data and most his mixups . this dont make me the best but it technically makes me the best discoverer :D yay lol. offline liu is up for grabs , i just made the outline for him for a lot of ppl , there are many good kang players im sure! i dont think this thread is gna go anywhere but distress and arguing , ppl will just have to agree to disagree on this topic , but its clear ehat all of europe believe . that should count for something

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This character has pressure where you are are forced to block or get hit. Your option to use a reversal is gone. He is always plus, always building meter, and most of your health loss will be from chip. Liu has the ability to break armored reversals as well with b12 and he has a 6 frame combo starter so he can punish more things ither characters can't. His low fireball recovers so fast that most of the cast can't really counter it. Hell, If you're fast enough, he can have two fireballs on the screen at once! If you master the iafb combos, now Liu has damaging unbreakable combos! Let's not forget he also is the only character with a plus poke.. I could go on but there really is not need for it lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
i not been offline yet but i guess ppl go by my stream games and esl winnings for it but ppl seem to forget playing esl in a lot of ganes being 1 second delay its actually very hard for me with sragons fire. the offline liu kang dragons fire is yet to be claimed IMO . but everything you see from this point is prob from me anyway since i found pretty much everything from the start with liu kang , all highest combos in two variations , aa , corner and midscreen . most techs, his fbrc true block strings post and pre patch, true frame data and most his mixups . this dont make me the best but it technically makes me the best discoverer :D yay lol. offline liu is up for grabs , i just made the outline for him for a lot of ppl , there are many good kang players im sure! i dont think this thread is gna go anywhere but distress and arguing , ppl will just have to agree to disagree on this topic , but its clear ehat all of europe believe . that should count for something
Like I said, I would love for Liu to be in top 8 to mix things up, and love it even more if the player playing him was also new to top 8s. I'll be rooting for you when KiT comes.

This character has pressure where you are are forced to block or get hit. Your option to use a reversal is gone. He is always plus, always building meter, and most of your health loss will be from chip. Liu has the ability to break armored reversals as well with b12 and he has a 6 frame combo starter so he can punish more things ither characters can't. His low fireball recovers so fast that most of the cast can't really counter it. Hell, If you're fast enough, he can have two fireballs on the screen at once! If you master the iafb combos, now Liu has damaging unbreakable combos! Let's not forget he also is the only character with a plus poke.. I could go on but there really is not need for it lol
Liu is definitely not the only character with a plus poke.:coffee:

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
not been offline yet but i guess ppl go by my stream games and esl winnings for it but ppl seem to forget playing esl in a lot of ganes being 1 second delay its actually very hard for me with sragons fire. the offline liu kang dragons fire is yet to be claimed IMO . but everything you see from this point is prob from me anyway since i found pretty much everything from the start with liu kang , all highest combos in two variations , aa , corner and midscreen . most techs, his fbrc true block strings post and pre patch, true frame data and most his mixups . this dont make me the best but it technically makes me the best discoverer :D yay lol. offline liu is up for grabs , i just made the outline for him for a lot of ppl , there are many good kang players im sure! i dont think this thread is gna go anywhere but distress and arguing , ppl will just have to agree to disagree on this topic , but its clear ehat all of europe believe . that should count for something

Yeah, you do deserve the best online liu title in Europe but offline, I'd say Godspeed, Zyphox, SylverRye, and Murk are your competition for the best offline. See if CR will get you a ticket to try your luck at an american tournament.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
So many people who haven't played a single good DF Liu Kang.
It's sad his execution being at such a high level people don't see how blindingly S+ he is.

omooba

fear the moobs
So many people who haven't played a single good DF Liu Kang.
It's sad his execution being at such a high level people don't see how blindingly S+ he is.
i have and i play him, he's not broke IMO a+ cus as soon as u start reacting to his stuff he becomes ok

omooba

fear the moobs
You play DF Liu Kang?
And reacting to his stuff? what do you mean?
i play him yes and i've played against him.
my reacting to his stuff i mean his pseudo 50/50 and run cancel in grab. i feel like his pressure is only good for chip against the top players and his spacing is where he shines so i say s or a+ but not s+

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
i play him yes and i've played against him.
my reacting to his stuff i mean his pseudo 50/50 and run cancel in grab. i feel like his pressure is only good for chip against the top players and his spacing is where he shines so i say s or a+ but not s+
This is some extreme downplay, if you can't play the character perfectly how he is supposed to be played that does not effect the characters tier placing.
I'd recommend you just play Flame fist.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Is to bad that suddenly an Amazing Kang player appear and Start winning and suddenly Kang is S+++++, I think the ppl that did this tier list just trying not to give the Credit to this player and downgrade him by saying Kang is Op.
XARAKAMAKA Beat them up till Kang becomes GOD Tier ultra S +++++++++++++
We've known xaraka since 2011, he didn't just appear to us. That and our opinions aren't player based otherwise that kinda defeats the purpose of the list we were making.

omooba

fear the moobs
This is some extreme downplay, if you can't play the character perfectly how he is supposed to be played that does not effect the characters tier placing.
I'd recommend you just play Flame fist.
who said i'm not playing him perfectly wtf. i can play him fine his run cancels are nothing compared to d'vorah who i also play perfectly. how is saying he's s or a+EXTREME downplay dude e's good he's not even close to tanya level he's just good not amazing. how are you gonna say someone who's fastest mid hitting button is 9 frames is somehow just a GOD no one else in s+ or s tier is that slow