What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Didnt play in a while. Did any developer mention anything relevant regarding Raiden? Any changes,nerfs/buffs? Any notice on another major patch(besides last one?
Nope, raiden got nothing. He's still low tier.
I'm new to Thunder Wave Raiden and I would like to know what pressure options that keep us safe when the opponent is blocking in the corner? We can't B12 tele, B12 thunder fly cancel is still punishable
Honestly since those options are punishable. I just 5050 people d3, d1, b2, throw them, F32 I like to mix it it, maybe back up bait them and punish with b12 into school or make them whiff and punish with 121. He doesn't have the best options for locking someone in the corner unless they have no meter then it's easier to condition them with b2 after pokes, make them think you're going low then nail them with b2.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I'm new to Thunder Wave Raiden and I would like to know what pressure options that keep us safe when the opponent is blocking in the corner? We can't B12 tele, B12 thunder fly cancel is still punishable
Stagger F3, mix with b3 and B2. Lock them down at a distance with F4. Raiden's corner game is underrated and very strong. Mix up your teleport and fly cancels as well. The options to punish those are different so you can try to trick them into using the wrong punish and you can capitalise.

Stagger F3, mix with b3 and B2. Lock them down at a distance with F4. Raiden's corner game is underrated and very strong. Mix up your teleport and fly cancels as well. The options to punish those are different so you can try to trick them into using the wrong punish and you can capitalise.
What is Raidens corner game,I didnt play in like multiple months.

Mandolore1123

What is Raidens corner game,I didnt play in like multiple months.
Since Raiden is pretty good at playing footsies and neutral, his most effective range is around half screen. However since his moves are pretty slow, at mid screen he can get whiff punished pretty easily, especially F4. But in the corner since the opponent can’t move backwards, you essentially control neutral. We can stay at around F4 range and just bully them. Anti-air if they jump. Whiff punish their wake-ups and such. Of course his jailing is also most potent in the corner. Check out the posts from @Trustful Whale to learn more about jailing. This gets Raiden massive plus frames and makes him rather oppressive in the corner. Bully with F3 often, mix with B3 and B2 to catch people off guard. Remember In TW we can combo into B2 to set up the KB, and the reward from both overhead and low is pretty good.

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Since Raiden is pretty good at playing footsies and neutral, his most effective range is around half screen. However since his moves are pretty slow, at mid screen he can get whiff punished pretty easily, especially F4. But in the corner since the opponent can’t move backwards, you essentially control neutral. We can stay at around F4 range and just bully them. Anti-air if they jump. Whiff punish their wake-ups and such. Of course his jailing is also most potent in the corner. Check out the posts from @Trustful Whale to learn more about jailing. This gets Raiden massive plus frames and makes him rather oppressive in the corner. Bully with F3 often, mix with B3 and B2 to catch people off guard. Remember In TW we can combo into B2 to set up the KB, and the reward from both overhead and low is pretty good.
Thanks a lot, where can I find the jailing guide from @Trustful Whale that u mentioned above?

Hello guys. Can anyone test Anti-air combo for Rajjin, B1~DB4 AMP, F2, 1,2~BF3 ? When I do it, sometimes everything goes well, and I get 295 damage, but sometimes it doesn't even juggle after db4amp, it even does two different kinds if damage from time to time, and I can't get the idea how to consistently hit this combo. Would love to hear any advices.

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Hello guys. Can anyone test Anti-air combo for Rajjin, B1~DB4 AMP, F2, 1,2~BF3 ? When I do it, sometimes everything goes well, and I get 295 damage, but sometimes it doesn't even juggle after db4amp, it even does two different kinds if damage from time to time, and I can't get the idea how to consistently hit this combo. Would love to hear any advices.
I want to know how can u anti air with B1? It seems kinda low to catch ppl in the air

Mandolore1123

Did your QC run out? That's probably why you can't launch after DB4AMP. However, I haven't tested your specific combo because DB4 launches horribly if you use up the gravity beforehand. If you want more consistent results, maybe try using S1, B12~DB4AMP? I haven't tested it myself because I suck at anti-airing but this should give more time to see if the glow on Raiden's arms has run out before hit-confirming into either DB4 or BF3. Raijin suffers from not having as good conversion damage as TW because of the nature of their launchers.
On the other hand, if you're anti-airing with B1, it may be that they are already jumping in at a bad distance. In this case it might be even better to walk back and trip guard them with B12 into full combo, no concerns for gravity and you do 31-32% consistently.

MKF30

I want to know how can u anti air with B1? It seems kinda low to catch ppl in the air
You can actually AA with F1, the timing is rather precise but I've done it from time to time. His hit box is decent against a jumper with his F112 string. Just F1 don't do the entire string. One Raiden player way back was AA me with just 1 but the timing takes practice, if mistimed he eats a jk to the face.

MKF30

Nice job @Black Chapters I'm close on the switch I need 3 more sets of 5, it's so painful.....lol. And almost there with the blood spilt. I need 4 more sets on the Xbox.

Fellow Raiden players,I need help on Upgraded/Next Gen Jacqui matchup. I consider this fighter to be absolutely broken and cancer to fight,but I still feel like I am not doing enough. Can someone give me tips on how to fight her and what variation to go for Raijin or TW? Only thing I am capable of doing is making some insane reactions with uppercut to her fullscreen jump when I fight Upgraded or to duck her dash punch. Other than that,I am completely lost.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Fellow Raiden players,I need help on Upgraded/Next Gen Jacqui matchup. I consider this fighter to be absolutely broken and cancer to fight,but I still feel like I am not doing enough. Can someone give me tips on how to fight her and what variation to go for Raijin or TW? Only thing I am capable of doing is making some insane reactions with uppercut to her fullscreen jump when I fight Upgraded or to duck her dash punch. Other than that,I am completely lost.

I'm by no means a matchup person, but just thinking through it I'd go with Raijin. Seems like he has better anti-air potential, and quick charge/discharge could potentially help deal with her pressure. She doesn't really have much zoning to worry about, so the mobility of TW isn't as important. I haven't been able to play in a long time though, and don't have time to actually lab the matchup.