What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I don't think I'll ever play Raijin tbh. I'd rather pick someone else for those matchups than play Raiden with no tp or electric fly. I need my klassic moves. :D
He still has fly. Also has the godlike 6f reversal though.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Btw with more than 20+ defensive options nothing is guaranteed. I dont believe there is a true unblockable for each charater.
Is there? @Marlow
It's not about unblockable, it's about the number of decision points the opponent has throughout the setup.

Think of it as a flowchart. There's a lot of potential decision points for the opponent to make that gets them out of the setup and results in Raiden getting punished. To make your sequence work, they'd need to be hit by the D2 KB and opt not to breakaway, then fail to block & punish a raw B2, then simply let the Raiden player walk in and get hit by another raw B2, and again opt to not breakaway from the B2 KB.

As a hail mary play it's fine. It's just that it requires you to have some very specific resources still available, and for the opponent to make 3-4 bad reads in a row. Against someone who doesn't know the matchup, or their options, or is a lower level player it'd probably work every once in awhile. I think a higher level player would likely blow this up 90% of the time.

It's not about unblockable, it's about the number of decision points the opponent has throughout the setup.

Think of it as a flowchart. There's a lot of potential decision points for the opponent to make that gets them out of the setup and results in Raiden getting punished. To make your sequence work, they'd need to be hit by the D2 KB and opt not to breakaway, then fail to block & punish a raw B2, then simply let the Raiden player walk in and get hit by another raw B2, and again opt to not breakaway from the B2 KB.

As a hail mary play it's fine. It's just that it requires you to have some very specific resources still available, and for the opponent to make 3-4 bad reads in a row. Against someone who doesn't know the matchup, or their options, or is a lower level player it'd probably work every once in awhile. I think a higher level player would likely blow this up 90% of the time.
i also feel like its a bit predictable to go for the b2 KB when you have to catch up a huge life deficit and this is your only option to do it at once.

Well just new options to explore I suppose I dont see any raidens use that and it does apply a certain amount of pressure when u trade superman for teleport

Zviko

Noob
OMG. I think I just beat my first ever Jacqui(cancel variation). Not only that, he was a Jacqui main, 47-14 record and I beat him with TW. This was the best match I have ever played, my performance wise. Teching throws, anti-airing(that S1 is godlike), hit confirming everything.... I'm sorry for the derail but I'm so happy right now lol. I beat Jacqui. :D New main konfirmed. :D

and i just worked my way through a heart pierce skarlett with raijin… that ft2 took like 15 minutes. during block dash block block dash block dash i was just thinking "well, aint we having fun...?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I have never thought Lord Raiden would ever be the most active character thread. I might give TW another go.
It's fun especially if you care about mobility, and dealing with zoning tactics. But if you want safer moves, buffs and a launcher you have Raijin. The third I wouldn't touch with a 30 foot pole lol.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yeah every time you land Storm Cell Amp you can get your opponent in the corner no matter what way you are facing. Very strong aspect of Raiden though I do love a good swaggy teleport setup

Do one of you two know the relative risk/safety of this setup? Also, is it worth it to go for this setup over going with the BF3 corner carry?
A roll or delay wakeup would blow up a b2 attempt here, but otherwise it looks okay. Personally, I'd go for corner carry every time unless Raiden was the one already in the corner.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
OMG. I think I just beat my first ever Jacqui(cancel variation). Not only that, he was a Jacqui main, 47-14 record and I beat him with TW. This was the best match I have ever played, my performance wise. Teching throws, anti-airing(that S1 is godlike), hit confirming everything.... I'm sorry for the derail but I'm so happy right now lol. I beat Jacqui. :D New main konfirmed. :D
GGs man! I haven't played one myself so far lol Kinda looking forward to it though, I wanna see how good Raijin DB2 can be against Bionic Bounce :3

and i just worked my way through a heart pierce skarlett with raijin… that ft2 took like 15 minutes. during block dash block block dash block dash i was just thinking "well, aint we having fun...?
I know how that can be LOL It's really a battle of wills and not letting her get away with silly shit. Specially her TP shenanigans!

GGs man! I haven't played one myself so far lol Kinda looking forward to it though, I wanna see how good Raijin DB2 can be against Bionic Bounce :3
it pretty much shuts her full screen nonsense down. bypass the neutral? nope, sorry.

btw i can imagine truth and light actually being good against upgraded jaqui. as one of the few chars without a projectile theres literally nothing she can do when you trap her in amplified lightning rod.