What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Lol jacqui kills raiden well tw anyway. But to be fair she kills everyone haha. She needs to be nerfed though regardless who she faces. But to those who have beaten her please show the vids I'd like to see that. :coffee:

Last edited:

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
Devorah is good counter pick to Jacqui tho and I think Raiden will make her life difficult too. I do agree that a nerf is warranted regardless, yes.

MKF30

Devorah is good counter pick to Jacqui tho and I think Raiden will make her life difficult too. I do agree that a nerf is warranted regardless, yes.
I rarely see her used anymore but the few I run into are pretty good with her. If Devorah can counter her well hell I'll try her out just for that. I feel like somethings gotta work.

ok i might just have found something huge, not just for raiden but all the cast and if its real im quite astounded its not popular yet.

important: i did this in practice with online delay ON, have not yet tested it with offline.

it seems you can actually BUFFER normals after a poke. its a tiny window, id estimate 3 frames. but ive been able to do the 1-frame link from d3 into jailing high with 3 relatively consistently. theres no way i do a 1-frame link consistently with my bad execution. you just have to hold 3 as soon as raiden starts getting up from the ducked state. dont wait until the "official" recovery animation is over. i have no safe proof that this is real, but it really feels like it is. any input from the others?

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
ok i might just have found something huge, not just for raiden but all the cast and if its real im quite astounded its not popular yet.

important: i did this in practice with online delay ON, have not yet tested it with offline.

it seems you can actually BUFFER normals after a poke. its a tiny window, id estimate 3 frames. but ive been able to do the 1-frame link from d3 into jailing high with 3 relatively consistently. theres no way i do a 1-frame link consistently with my bad execution. you just have to hold 3 as soon as raiden starts getting up from the ducked state. dont wait until the "official" recovery animation is over. i have no safe proof that this is real, but it really feels like it is. any input from the others?
I’ve never heard or seen anything like this. Are you jailing D3, S3 in the corner or mid screen? I remember someone way back when posted a video about this particular subject (just the jailing part, not the buffering part) and the consensus was that D3, S3 was too inconsistent at least mid screen because of the ass hit-box of S3. Have you tried using S2 with your method? It’s also a just frame link that reaches mid screen. I’d also like to ask about your button log and controller settings, since they might have some effects on what you’re seeing as well. I don’t claim to know exactly how it works, but I’m interested in anything that allows us to use s3 because it should have been very important to Raiden but now it’s complete whack

I’ve never heard or seen anything like this. Are you jailing D3, S3 in the corner or mid screen? I remember someone way back when posted a video about this particular subject (just the jailing part, not the buffering part) and the consensus was that D3, S3 was too inconsistent at least mid screen because of the ass hit-box of S3. Have you tried using S2 with your method? It’s also a just frame link that reaches mid screen. I’d also like to ask about your button log and controller settings, since they might have some effects on what you’re seeing as well. I don’t claim to know exactly how it works, but I’m interested in anything that allows us to use s3 because it should have been very important to Raiden but now it’s complete whack
i think i gotta deconfirm the whole thing. i think it was just the online lag setting that made me think its like that. there you actually HAVE to push the button early to make it connect. if you do d3 and hold a direction, he will start walking a tiny bit later than what would be the correct input for the just frame high jail. damn i shouldnt get ahead of myself like that.

on s3 though: it works consistently on jax, but not a single time on cassie. so it might be a female hitbx thing that it doesnt jail high after d3 even though it should.

Mandolore1123

i think i gotta deconfirm the whole thing. i think it was just the online lag setting that made me think its like that. there you actually HAVE to push the button early to make it connect. if you do d3 and hold a direction, he will start walking a tiny bit later than what would be the correct input for the just frame high jail. damn i shouldnt get ahead of myself like that.

on s3 though: it works consistently on jax, but not a single time on cassie. so it might be a female hitbx thing that it doesnt jail high after d3 even though it should.
I really really really wish they would buff S3. If we can work in S3 into our jailing sequences Raiden would be much better because he can actually get plus frames, not to mention the damage boost we get from punishing with 32.

I really really really wish they would buff S3. If we can work in S3 into our jailing sequences Raiden would be much better because he can actually get plus frames, not to mention the damage boost we get from punishing with 32.
i know, theres something about that s3 that makes me lab it over and over again :D … and it never turns out amazing.

Mandolore1123

i know, theres something about that s3 that makes me lab it over and over again :D … and it never turns out amazing.
It’s the only normal we have that’s actually +, and it’s +3 at that. It SHOULD be an integral part of our offence and pressure, but of course it sucks :(

MKF30

@kabelfritz All good man, sometimes it seems lag and online allows for some weird but cool shit then you go and try it offline and it doesn't work. lol. I've had this experience myself with some other things.

Thunder God's, I come to you for guidance. I've had it up to my tits with online Emerald Defenders and word on the street is Raiden counter picks her hard. Is this true? If I'm looking to strictly counter pick Jade which variation would you gentlemen recommend? I'd love to see why and how he counters her so any input would be appreciated. FYI...Johnny main here so please don't throw rocks at me....

Zviko

Noob
Thunder God's, I come to you for guidance. I've had it up to my tits with online Emerald Defenders and word on the street is Raiden counter picks her hard. Is this true? If I'm looking to strictly counter pick Jade which variation would you gentlemen recommend? I'd love to see why and how he counters her so any input would be appreciated. FYI...Johnny main here so please don't throw rocks at me....
Anyone with teleport does good against zoners. Thunder Wave.

Nevan_PTF

Hummm...in all honesty I don't know if he has more tools to counter than other characters have.

Because as soon has she gets purple glow(DB2) up, you can't do much, not even the safe pressure from F4 xx DF2, in Raijin variation will work, because she will avoid it. I don't know if DB2 in Raijin, would have to test.

Don't know if DF2 in Thunder Wave is negated as well.

I think it comes down to how good are you shutting her options. Although purple glow is i1f it has 44f of recovery which you can punish with Fly(BF3). If she's in the air, without glow, you can AA with DB2. You can also punish her DB3, the low projectile, with Fly.

Regarding variation its up to you really, Thunder Wave will be more mobile, Raijin will have better AA and damage.

she is immune to summon lightning when she glows. dont pick raijin, its hard work. thunder wave is alright though. one good thing aside from the teleport is that TW can catch her glow move with a read and get the electric flight krushing blow.

Nevan_PTF

That's what I thought.

I've been always going Raijin vs Jade, but it's mostly due to being away more familiar with that variation.

Raijin can get the KB on Fly too and it works wonders. Jade think they are safe by popping that, but you can punish it hehe

Mandolore1123

she is immune to summon lightning when she glows. dont pick raijin, its hard work. thunder wave is alright though. one good thing aside from the teleport is that TW can catch her glow move with a read and get the electric flight krushing blow.
Not just that, also immune to DF2 and most of everything. I think she's even immune to discharge.

Nevan_PTF

Yeah I forgot about that, she is indeed immune to Discharge. It sucks! Apart from TP and Fly I don't see how can Raiden be a counter pick or doing well.

We just dish-out more damage and can snowball.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I play both and I don't see how Raiden can possibly be a counter to Jade. He deals more damage, but she's going to control the match from every point on screen. She negates his zoning while having excellent zoning, better buttons, better staggers, better mixups, and her amazing d4.

Nevan_PTF

I play both and I don't see how Raiden can possibly be a counter to Jade. He deals more damage, but she's going to control the match from every point on screen. She negates his zoning while having excellent zoning, better buttons, better staggers, better mixups, and her amazing d4.
I agree with this, it's not a bad matchup, but it's a pain in the ass if the Jade player is competent.

man raijin… playing online feels like 90% of the cast are walking fullscreen mixup tornados and raijin just isnt....
Aye, he's just an honest character and can be a bully. He fits me because I'm not good heavy mix up characters haha

Nevan_PTF

Me too! That's why I like SD Noob as well, he's strong than Raiden yes, but not much there regarding mix ups! I felt I was having it easy with Noob when I started to play MK11, so I wanted to play something "harder" to play/win with.