What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Good luck to Sonic Fox. If he finds something, great. So far those "set ups" he found aren't that special. 2 Bars to do something like 460 damage?

Honestly the opponent could probably just walk backwards and take the hit from leaving the staff zone, it has almost zero hit stun.

I'd love to see SonicFox play some Raijin though, I'm starting to think that variation might have the most potential.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
SF likes to stir shit up, if he really felt that way he would have used him by now not even he can make Raiden S tier lol

Anyway, anyone else get his rare Elder God RAT outfit? I did 51 towers for that skin lol. Felt almost as tough as the Gauntlet one.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Shouldn't fox be embarrassed that what he posted on Twitter is garbage, that LR on hit is minus and you cant follow up on all but 1 of those confirms he did. I thought fox had some good tech but he showed debunked garbage from like 20 pages ago in the raiden forums. FOX the new drake lol

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Hmmm. If patch notes people are talking about right now are accurate, Truth & Light got some buffs.

Raiden

• Raiden - Lightning Strike now has 4 more frames of hit advantage, 5 more frames of blockstun, and recovers 2 frames faster

• Raiden - Lightning Strike Amplify now has 4 more frames of hit advantage

• Raiden - Fixed an issue causing Lightning Strike Amplify to not be possible if the Lightning Strike hit on the last active frame

• Raiden - Lightning Strike Amplify can now be performed when Lightning Strike misses or is blocked but the follow up Lightning will only track the opponent when Lightning Strike hits

• Raiden - Lightning Rod is now +8 on hit (up from -3)

• Raiden - If the attack from Lightning Strike bounces off Lightning Rod and hits the opponent, Raiden is now +4 to +5 on hit (up from -4 to -13) depending on spacing & active frames

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Hmmm. If patch notes people are talking about right now are accurate, Truth & Light got some buffs.

Raiden

• Raiden - Lightning Strike now has 4 more frames of hit advantage, 5 more frames of blockstun, and recovers 2 frames faster

• Raiden - Fixed an issue causing Lightning Strike Amplify to not be possible if the Lightning Strike hit on the last active frame

• Raiden - Lightning Strike Amplify can now be performed when Lightning Strike misses or is blocked but the follow up Lightning will only track the opponent when Lightning Strike hits

• Raiden - If the attack from Lightning Strike bounces off Lightning Rod and hits the opponent, Raiden is now +4 to +5 on hit (up from -4 to -13) depending on spacing & active frames
meh

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

Raiden

Came here to say that the fact the game shipped with a character that is negative on hit for multiple moves is absolutely unacceptable, and I cannot believe it took this long for NRS to fix it.

Hope you Raiden mains get a little bit of reprieve from these changes. It doesn't appear to be much, but at least it's something.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
So re: the patch...it's a start? At the very least I think it's worth taking a quick second look at T&L, although I don't think it's enough to really move the needle on that variation.

overall though I don't think it changes where Raiden is at, tier list wise. He's likely still on the bottom.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
He still has to piss through meter just to set anything up and T and L has the lowest combo numbers still so it changed little

Rod is still out too little to matter and Strike is just less ass

the main issue is still his normals

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning

Raiden

It’s a start for sure, plus we can amp on block now so we can make it quasi-safe with the mind game of whether we amp it or not. It’s certainly less than ideal but we’ll have to play and see