What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
I haven’t been on in almost a week and they bust our boy in one measly patch...

Has this infinite been resolved? I’m sincerely hoping so

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I really wish they would have adjusted the amount of time that Lightning Rod is active. Something like an extra 30-90 frames on Amp could really make that move feel like an actual decent setup move. Or even making the non-amp version stay out until Raiden recalls it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Heard it got fixed already? He’s still meh but its whatever I don’t see them buffing him that much in the future if these past few updates are any indication lol

ruthlezz997

YOU TASK A THUNDER GOD!
Yeah,game is over essentially for Raiden. He will be forever low-tier in this game. They dont even care to address his issues or anything.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I really wish they would have adjusted the amount of time that Lightning Rod is active. Something like an extra 30-90 frames on Amp could really make that move feel like an actual decent setup move. Or even making the non-amp version stay out until Raiden recalls it.
Definitely. Right now I have no idea why recall exists. You can’t use it after strings, nor do you ever need to use it because rod never stays out for more than 2 seconds

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Their satisfaction in nerfing Raiden is almost sexual, they buffed him only to nerf again.
Wait, what happened? Was there a patch or something?

EDIT: So i see there was a patch on Wednesday, seems like he got some decent buffs, one of the buffs caused him to have an infinite, then they released a fixed for that. Is that the whole story?

I don't see anywhere what the fix was though. Did any of his buffs survive?

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Was this taunt given to him with the patch or do we have to get it somehow?

Yeah,game is over essentially for Raiden. He will be forever low-tier in this game. They dont even care to address his issues or anything.
lol Exactly. It's most unfortunate. Fujin better be God tier literally all I have to say, if he's as bad as Raiden I swear....

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
One thing for Truth and Light I found is that F4 DB4 AMP combos, and leaves Raiden something like +18 at point blank range. I think you can even jail a standing 3 (which is plus 3 on block).

Also, I've been working on putting together a combo list, would anyone be interested if I created a new Combo thread for Raiden to post it at? I feel like it would be beneficial to have the combos notated out and available in one central location. Stuff in the current Raiden Combo thread seems a little too spread out and disorganized.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm heading out of town tonight, but I'll try and post something Saturday night. Ideally I'd also like to include some setups, oki, or just general tips for the 3 variations as well. I'm far from a tech guy though, so hopefully other people can contribute some stuff. I'm more than happy to manage and edit the thread.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
One thing for Truth and Light I found is that F4 DB4 AMP combos, and leaves Raiden something like +18 at point blank range. I think you can even jail a standing 3 (which is plus 3 on block).

Also, I've been working on putting together a combo list, would anyone be interested if I created a new Combo thread for Raiden to post it at? I feel like it would be beneficial to have the combos notated out and available in one central location. Stuff in the current Raiden Combo thread seems a little too spread out and disorganized.
Go for it. I can help out too.