What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Cp912

Noob
i now tried his second tournament variation raijin, which is really more of a zoner, even though it does NOT have summoned lightning. its replaced by a "Get off me" move. he also has a almost 3/4 screen low with the staff. the crucial move is a powerup: it enhances the staff low so that it shoots out ground traveling projectile at the end. also, if the opponent hits you on block three times while its on, you can discharge it for a restand with huge hit advantage it seems. so basically the gameplan is: get it up, zone, if the opponent gets in you block, punish into restand and set up a new zoning situation.
I would like to add with the block buff(quick charge) he has some good pressure and combo extension. I rarely zone but I like raijin

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
I don't understand, what is the point in doing this? Meterless punishment?
There's no point. f11 into bolt has a massive gap. b12 you're better off hit confirming into fly. If you want to incorporate bolt into your up close offense, you'd use b1 mb bolt. Nobody interrupts that and you're -5 in that situation.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Reading that grid I thought it said "farting strike" lol. But yeah I dont even use f112 string or f11. Shits slower than a turtle trying to turn himself over on his shell.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
There's no point. f11 into bolt has a massive gap. b12 you're better off hit confirming into fly. If you want to incorporate bolt into your up close offense, you'd use b1 mb bolt. Nobody interrupts that and you're -5 in that situation.
Wait, i'm getting confused lol
I use bf1MB on my offensive when I want to keep up safe after unsafe strings. But my first question was about this:

Bolt is also useful to end combos because it’s +11 on hit and leaves them standing.
So based on that, what is the point in ending combos with bf1? Am I missing any tech?

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I don't understand, what is the point in doing this? Meterless punishment?
You can do it in the corner to shut down wake ups and prevent breakaway while guaranteeing a mixup afterwards. This is assuming you hit confirm B12 into BF1. It doesn’t knock them down and leaves you at advantage. If you want damage or OKI of course you go into full combo. Regardless it’s an option you can use and you should know about it. It’s better than just doing B12.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
You can do it in the corner to shut down wake ups and prevent breakaway while guaranteeing a mixup afterwards. This is assuming you hit confirm B12 into BF1. It doesn’t knock them down and leaves you at advantage. If you want damage or OKI of course you go into full combo. Regardless it’s an option you can use and you should know about it. It’s better than just doing B12.
Oh, understood. Before I had understood something like finish a full combo, sorry.

JeffX

Was doing b12 far teleport against someone today. I've never heard someone rage this hard. "How da fuck I'm supposed to catch this (insert racal slur)." Was really quite something to hear lol.

MKF30

Was doing b12 far teleport against someone today. I've never heard someone rage this hard. "How da fuck I'm supposed to catch this (insert racal slur)." Was really quite something to hear lol.
I had someone yelling on the mic once few weeks back that I was "hacking the game" lol when I did his teleport tech cancel that I posted way back on here, I cancelled one teleport with another and the second with his amped one so I was bouncing all over the place lmao. He was like "WTF is that shit, this mofo hacking the game, he can't teleport that many times!"

JeffX

I had someone yelling on the mic once few weeks back that I was "hacking the game" lol when I did his teleport tech cancel that I posted way back on here, I cancelled one teleport with another and the second with his amped one so I was bouncing all over the place lmao. He was like "WTF is that shit, this mofo hacking the game, he can't teleport that many times!"
Cancelled one teleport with another? Could you link me to that page?

just du du twice? I’ve think everyone’s been doing that...
A bit more nuanced than that simply because you have to time it with his re-entry animation, but yes that's essentially how it works. However, you can do it as many times as you want and it works with any of his teleports.
If you try to do it after an amped teleport you'll have to delay your timing a bit due to the extra port.

JeffX

After consulting with the Elder Gods... #buffRaidenView attachment 16004
as someone who want raiden buff, storm cell should not be changed. Making it safe will turn raiden into Geras and Liu Kang.

b12
Buff to bolt and lightning strike
F1 fix
... pretty much everything is fair considering what the rest of the cast has.

JeffX

Simply from a spectator’s point of view, would it not help NRS for people to see more of Raiden or even Kitana as per the latest patch? Not for nothing, but the casual stream viewer or casual mk fan doesn’t give two and half fucks to stay tuned for jaqui Briggs or Cassie Cage.

JeffX

Regarding teleport cancels: the timing isn't strict, it's just in a different spot than usual. Just cancel late into the block stun animation and you're golden. It's near the end, not difficult at all.
not difficult but it’s different enough that even the best players will mess it up occasionally. Compared to mkx tele cancels, it’s more difficult. And it’s should be considering Jacqui can now use her ud leap without even thinking.

MKF30

Cancelled one teleport with another? Could you link me to that page?
It takes a little practice but isnt too hard, I was the first really talk about it many, many, many months ago in a thread I made on here way back.