What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
If you end in the anti air lighting you get a little over 300. It's still easily the worst two slot move in the game as it stands. I guess we'll see when the patch hits.
Yes you got 302 but it sends them fullscreen which is bad cuz superman corners them. He has no teleport and has to get in also can be zoned out.
The "damage" is not worth it superman gives better options.

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
Yes you got 302 but it sends them fullscreen which is bad cuz superman corners them. He has no teleport and has to get in also can be zoned out.
The "damage" is not worth it superman gives better options.
It depend if they give him the lightning strike buff we've been asking for. Then he becomes the space control character he was meant to be.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Let’s wait for when the variation actually comes out before making statements that any character is trash? We already know lighting bolt isn’t going to be replaced so we need to know which input it becomes and see how the patch (if there are any changes at all to Raiden) affect this character. Getting ahead of ourselves isn’t going to help anyone, and especially not Raiden.

S+ Main

Noob
Let’s wait for when the variation actually comes out before making statements that any character is trash? We already know lighting bolt isn’t going to be replaced so we need to know which input it becomes and see how the patch (if there are any changes at all to Raiden) affect this character. Getting ahead of ourselves isn’t going to help anyone, and especially not Raiden.
Even if its good we need to say its trash so we can get those kitana buffs.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I'm just speaking generally. I think we all can agree hes bottom 3 easily if kotal gets damage totem an kano gets his mid its over if R. In interested in seeing how it turns out just not sure what matchups I would choose this over raijin you know?

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
we already know he is trash cuz his normals are trash, b12 is full combo punishable 11f mid while others have 9f mids which are safe, advancing and leads to options on block lol

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
we already know he is trash cuz his normals are trash, b12 is full combo punishable 11f mid while others have 9f mids which are safe, advancing and leads to options on block lol
I think he just cautioning us agaisnt quick judgment. In the raiden community we've just delt with the shitty character for so long we complained and they nerfed raijin by making not punish everything and told us to love it. Raiden just might be destined to be bad.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
I think he just cautioning us agaisnt quick judgment. In the raiden community we've just delt with the shitty character for so long we complained and they nerfed raijin by making not punish everything and told us to love it. Raiden just might be destined to be bad.
He shouldnt be i remeber in trailers they showed him as Dark Raiden, powerfull and mad using Shinnoks amulet lol

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Is he really that bad? He's probably not in the top half, but I didn't think he was awful by any stretch.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
yes he is terribad all is punishable u have to hitcomfirm single mid which is b1 to b12 else b12 is fullcombo punishable. How is this good?
Others have great mids which leads to options on block like Liu kang still has B1 which is 9f mid and he can even cancel it to command grab lol
I believe after this patch Raiden will be the worst in the game

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
yes he is terribad all is punishable u have to hitcomfirm single mid which is b1 to b12 else b12 is fullcombo punishable. How is this good?
I thought his F3 wasn't too bad. Safe 11 frame mid, +15 on hit which jails into his 243 string, a string which is super easy to hit confirm and safe at -3. F3 is safe at -6, and he has his F32 string which is also safe at -6 which he can mix in. F4 is a nice advancing mid to whiff punish with. He has solid corner carry with Electric Fly. His back walk speed is the best in the game.

I think he's ok. Clearly not great, probably not "good", but he's not what I'd call bad.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Are there any great breakdowns or guides on Raiden? Also interested in seeing some high level/high ranking Raiden footage. I heard there was a Raiden out there killing it in KL with like an 80+ win streak. Raijin seems really fun so far, Raiden seems super solid overall; highly technical, great pressure and mixups...

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
just play him lol
You will never hitconfirm single hit like f3 to launcher no way its possible. Thats why we want b12 being safe.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Are there any great breakdowns or guides on Raiden? Also interested in seeing some high level/high ranking Raiden footage. I heard there was a Raiden out there killing it in KL with like an 80+ win streak. Raijin seems really fun so far, Raiden seems super solid overall; highly technical, great pressure and mixups...
I think @UnshavenRaven has a guide on Raijin. I don't know if I'd call him "super solid overall" but I think he has some interesting stuff and can offer a pretty rewarding experience. Not sure about his mixups though.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
Good joke man he has no pressure at all what pressure are you talking about? LK has good pressure, Jax, Cassie, Jacqui, Sonya, Dvorah even Kollector but no Raiden. And what mixups? lol guys just try Raiden first and see how great is he.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
Hit confirming f3 to what? Stormcell? If you are able to hit confirm 1hit then you are godlike.
The thing is you have to block/hitconfirm all the time with him which is absurd like b12 is full combo punishable you have to use meter to be safe for using 11f mid lol
Jax can use his f3 to stager, same with LK now he can even get command grab on block,

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Hit confirming f3 to what? Stormcell? If you are able to hit confirm 1hit then you are godlike.
Hit confirm F3 into your 243 string. It starts on a high, but F3 is +15 so it jails into the 2. So if your F3 hits, you go into your 243 string which is -3 on block and super easy to hit confirm into a special move, or if your F3 is blocked you simply block since you're -6. If the opponent keeps poking immediately after the blocked F3, then start finishing the F3 into the F32 string to catch them.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
ye i know about it its good tool but the thing is its impossible to confirm to stormcell which leads to full combo the same is with b12.
b1 is safe but u need b12 to to hitconfirm and block confirm thats absurd cuz b12 is full combo punishable.