What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Premium Supporter
It wouldn't be the end of the world I'd sc got buffed, I mean when you consider the rest of the dumb shit in this game. Heres hoping his fellow element God is better.

JeffX

Missing Injustice 2
I just want to say that I think making Storm Cell safe would be super cheap and it would ruin the character design. He would just spam d1-db2 like this was Injustice 2 with Shocker. F4-db2. B12-DB2. And if it hits, good damage and 60% corner carry. B12 is unsafe by itself to prevent him from getting free mid/full combo checks with that, just making DB2 safe is antithecal to his design. It would turn a meticulous and interesting character into a character for babies. And there is no character in the game who has a free auto hit confirm safe special into combo like that.

If you want to buff him, make the cool shit better like better F1 or slightly better cancel advantage on cancels.
This is basically spot on. I feel as though the superman cancels off b12 should be 0 on block or slightly plus like mean streak. F112 string and lightning strike. Lets see how he plays then. Guaranteed much better.

I really hope it doesn't take another 4 months for a patch though.

Yeah I poke too a lot, I just wish they weren't overpowered by throws. Like you ever duck and poke or just duck and get thrown anyway? lol
Just keep training and labbing against as many matchups as you can bro; matchup knowledge is huge. I've landed B2 KB on very good players; yes it's not superfast, but it's meant to be a "mind games" tool, when they expect that hit, you go for a low string instead, or a throw, or a "delayed" B2 with a little hop first or a stance switch to make them twitch and react...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Premium Supporter
Just keep training and labbing against as many matchups as you can bro; matchup knowledge is huge. I've landed B2 KB on very good players; yes it's not superfast, but it's meant to be a "mind games" tool, when they expect that hit, you go for a low string instead, or a throw, or a "delayed" B2 with a little hop first or a stance switch to make them twitch and react...
Yeah for sure, a lot of match ups for Raiden are tougher but he's fun to use and can take some people off guard. I've only landed it on newer players in Apprentice during KL, pretty much never landed it on anyone good higher than that level though. I think if you're a Raiden player and manage to land that against a solid player, they're lucky because I've never seen that in a tournament or serious high level match when watching other Raiden players lol. Great for mix ups, bad for KB reliability though. So I def agree great for mindgames/50/50's tool, I just wish it had more range, was a bit faster and KB wasn't as tough(with the twice in a row) Instead I would change it to KB activates on third time connecting it in a match. But the throwing issue has nothing to do with Raiden per-se that's just the games wacky mechanics with throws being really powerful in this game. His hop kick is actually really, really good. Has decent sweep range and I've found works great against wake up attacks if you have someone in the corner, back up a little and do hop kick. People often don't expect it.