What's new

Lord Raiden Custom Variations Thread

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Thanks. I thought 24 also guarantees the Lightning Storm into AMP with no gaps, so that could be a nice little sequence to run if 24 leaves Raiden at a good range on the cancel.
Well if you can do the cancel well and you get the +18, it pretty much jails into F4 too so you can get sequences like that too. I’ll double check to make sure, but I don’t think it leaves them close enough. From what I can tell single hitting attacks leave people closer at B1 range, strings will leave them at F1 range

Mandolore1123

Thanks. I thought 24 also guarantees the Lightning Storm into AMP with no gaps, so that could be a nice little sequence to run if 24 leaves Raiden at a good range on the cancel.
24~float AMP leaves you at F1 range. And similar to Amp float cancel on hit, AMP float cancel on block is at best -6 as long as you cancel off the last bolt. The cancel leaves you pretty close to opponents, but if you mix with the stomp you can get away with some pressure on block which is always good

Mandolore1123

Remember this? Yeah it works off every string and normal, but the distance where you end up varies. B12, S12 and S32 leave you pretty far, around F1 distance, but F4, F2 and F3 leave you at B1/F3 range, so off every confirm you can cancel into at least +10 on hit and go for a free strike/throw.
This works in the corner if you use Back float, but normals like F4, F2, F3 will cause the last hit of the AMP whiff so if you cancel like normal you are actually minus, so mid screen use single hitting normals, in the corner do strings.
For corner and you want to confirm off AMP float into hit advantage you can cancel off the second bolt (the one that hits behind Raiden) into +3 or something, nothing huge, I'd rather take the knockdown and damage but it's useful to keep opponents standing for whatever reason, or if you cancel off the first AMP bolt you are more plus but you side switch sometimes

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I really like Lightning Storm, but I don't think I have the execution to make it work consistently. I'll probably still mess with it a bit, but I think I'll likely just go back to Raijin, or maybe mix in Super Bolt and swap out Electric Burst just for a touch more mobility/wakeup pressure/possible KB.