What's new

Looking for a coach online.

Wyntword

Noob
Oh am I glad I stumbled upon this thread, oh I'm glaaad, gonna add you all!:D

I'm not in US unfortunately, so it's problematic sometimes, because of the ping... Sometimes works, sometimes not. Anyway, I'm always down for games so hope to see you soon at the dojo

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Oh am I glad I stumbled upon this thread, oh I'm glaaad, gonna add you all!:D

I'm not in US unfortunately, so it's problematic sometimes, because of the ping... Sometimes works, sometimes not. Anyway, I'm always down for games so hope to see you soon at the dojo
Are you from Europe?Because I wouldn't mind someone decent to play.

Psn: d0gesurge

Wyntword

Noob
Psn: Wyntword

Considering Black Adam my main, trying to pick up Superman both are quite trashy in my hands)))

P.S. is there a discord about superman? I couldn't find it

Last edited:

protools27

Rebel without a scene
@SuppaSapien3 I'm down to run games with you. Not in a coaching capacity because quite frankly I could use one myself but if you need a sparring partner who's down to practice online and talk options in specific MUs I'm your guy.

This might sound weird but I think my biggest weakness is being so knowledgeable at times that I mix myself up. For example: With Robin, there's about an 8 frame gap in the 212 string after the first 2. A 6 frame d1 (like his own) punishes full combo. Just knowing that makes me use the string less when quite frankly I should be abusing the hell out of it until someone actually proves they A. Know about it and B. have the reactions and execution to punish it. Instead just because I KNOW there's a gap I don't use his main pressure string nearly as much as the better robins I've played.

Like how stupid is that? After typing this I'm making a mental note to change that but it'd be nice to have a coach in your corner calling me out when I'm doing stupid shit like that.
This makes total sense and something that I struggle with. For me, I struggle against a player that presses buttons or mashes pokes when I know they aren't supposed to. It drives me nuts because I feel like, why on earth are you pressing buttons when your so negative, I think about what should and shouldn't not work rather then understand the player is mashing after certain things and blowing them up for it.

Wyntword

Noob
This makes total sense and something that I struggle with. For me, I struggle against a player that presses buttons or mashes pokes when I know they aren't supposed to. It drives me nuts because I feel like, why on earth are you pressing buttons when your so negative, I think about what should and shouldn't not work rather then understand the player is mashing after certain things and blowing them up for it.
OMG, yes that s exactly my problem also most of the time, people online don't respect any plus frames)))
But imo it's a problem of execution, at least in my case... Because sometimes... I do everything right and I manage to punish them for pushing buttons when I'm plus

A good tip a friend gave me is play the player not the character, but that's hard on ranked with one match to adapt. We need that best of 3.

Also another pro tip for online play, if you play against supes just neutral jump at the beginning. I swear it works 97% of the time and usually doesn't hurt you.

Wyntword

Noob
I don't play ranked, it makes no sense in my case, because first of all, I'm not good at this game and second, you don't learn anything from 1 match with random opponent. I go to player matches so at least we can rematch as many times we want and if everything goes well I usually add ppl to friends... But sometimes ppl lose 1 match and leave, or win 1 match and leave, which is dumb to me... But there's a lot of dumb asses out there, so whatever...

Last edited:
Batman definitely. i feel there is not much I can do vs him.
Hey I could play a couple of sets with you with Batman the key to blocking and being a defensive wall is exposing yourself to the mix-up and knowing where they hit so it gets stamped in your brain and just becomes a reaction and not thinking about it

As someone that can't compete in tourneys, ranked is my biggest stage lol that sounds sad but I'm competitive that way and rank is the only way to somewhat determine where I stand in the community.