What's new

Looking for a coach online.

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Just curious how do you mean?

Because quality is poor or because the people are bad? I think the quality is damn good and while I play a lot of dummies I've met some cool people who play it seriously and get games with them
I meant that its harder to punish certain things online. Im reversal heavy and try just punish things on the frame, but online that 2 frame delays messes me up pretty bad.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
@SuppaSapien3 I'm down to run games with you. Not in a coaching capacity because quite frankly I could use one myself but if you need a sparring partner who's down to practice online and talk options in specific MUs I'm your guy.

This might sound weird but I think my biggest weakness is being so knowledgeable at times that I mix myself up. For example: With Robin, there's about an 8 frame gap in the 212 string after the first 2. A 6 frame d1 (like his own) punishes full combo. Just knowing that makes me use the string less when quite frankly I should be abusing the hell out of it until someone actually proves they A. Know about it and B. have the reactions and execution to punish it. Instead just because I KNOW there's a gap I don't use his main pressure string nearly as much as the better robins I've played.

Like how stupid is that? After typing this I'm making a mental note to change that but it'd be nice to have a coach in your corner calling me out when I'm doing stupid shit like that.

gam224

The world's least hype player
@SuppaSapien3 I'm down to run games with you. Not in a coaching capacity because quite frankly I could use one myself but if you need a sparring partner who's down to practice online and talk options in specific MUs I'm your guy.

This might sound weird but I think my biggest weakness is being so knowledgeable at times that I mix myself up. For example: With Robin, there's about an 8 frame gap in the 212 string after the first 2. A 6 frame d1 (like his own) punishes full combo. Just knowing that makes me use the string less when quite frankly I should be abusing the hell out of it until someone actually proves they A. Know about it and B. have the reactions and execution to punish it. Instead just because I KNOW there's a gap I don't use his main pressure string nearly as much as the better robins I've played.

Like how stupid is that? After typing this I'm making a mental note to change that but it'd be nice to have a coach in your corner calling me out when I'm doing stupid shit like that.
Sounds like you are just respecting the opponent too much. Learning how much respect to give an opponent is a skill in it's self.

I have this exact problem. That and superman of course.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Sounds like you are just respecting the opponent too much. Learning how much respect to give an opponent is a skill in it's self.
Yeah, it's definitely my next big hurdle in my game play. Knowing when to poke out is a struggle for me. Before that, it was meter management. I was losing too many matches because of poor clashes, whiffed mb b3s in the neutral, not optimizing my meterless combos learning when and where to spend meter for the combo extension/setup. I handle my meter alot better but that's something I still try to work on.

Self explanatory. I want to better myself in this game, but feel like I am in a rut. Anyone have the time to train someone?
If you or anyone is looking for Injustice 2 online training, you should check out the New Challenger Partnered Discord. They have coaches in chat that are active and respond to people's questions. They also host online tournaments, group and 1on1 training. Check them out! I've learned TONS from there! https://discord.gg/NewChallenger

seveergg

The Elegant Swagger Beast
Let me give you the only lesson you'll ever need. The less you care about the game, the better you will do. The more you try the more upset you will be when you fail and then that aggression/depression will only make you perform worse. Do what you like to do, whatever is the most fun and enjoyable to play/do with the game. If winning is the only thing you want to do you will either become total pro status, or way more likely, you will do a lot worse. Even if fun for you is frame data and numbers, get to crunching then nerd. Once you find what is fun for you the rest just falls into place, you learn the matchups if you stick to a character, and then every time you do bad you can still have fun, and move on. It's all mentality in fighting games, that and timing.