What's new

Question Lobo's Oct. 1st Upgrades

When she does stupid Lolmacecharge wake up or otherwise we can get a much more damaging punish now sure you could always jump backwards but that's a tougher punish and I think that wing evade move will catch a jump back (I could be wrong on that)

Pretty sure she could do Wing Evade 3 to catch jump backs and Wing Evade 2 to beat forward jumps. But yeah, obvious mace charges will get punished HARD in the patch. It'll def help out in the mu imo, especially with trait shots having more range.

When she does stupid Lolmacecharge wake up or otherwise we can get a much more damaging punish now sure you could always jump backwards but that's a tougher punish and I think that wing evade move will catch a jump back (I could be wrong on that)
Ok I see what your saying. Man I hope so, if that's that move where she flies right at you and bings you up with her mace it destroys me always. I truly hope I can shotty her out of it.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
With the added range on nuked shotgun shells, this should help us out a lot, also. Mid shot to keep her in check, maybe?

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
MBb3 takes hurts more and we take less damage from incoming attacks. Hawkgirl takes less damage from us, we take more from her when we use it.
Pretty sure the patch notes say that applying a mb Makes us do more damage and makes us take less during the armored part.

Egoflux

Noob
So...did they fix the chain whiffing randomly on characters in the 21 string? Really going to suck if they didn't; my hopes aren't that high as there is no mention of it in the notes.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
FRAG! FRAG! FRAG! Lobo will tear shit up now. About the chain whiff in 21 string. Never seen that before. Perhaps its character specific? If it is, its stupid. Although with the hit boxes some characters have in this game it would surprise me (looking at you Grundy, CW and WW...)

Ok, so his 3 frames less hook charge - is it going to be dramatically faster?

My newness to fighting genre comes in loud here: but for any fighter in general, would a 3- frame difference really matter? (Of course in a not so long frames move I can see an improvement. But when it comes to 14-16 frame overall move, that cuts 3 frames out- does it really matter?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Ok, so his 3 frames less hook charge - is it going to be dramatically faster?

My newness to fighting genre comes in loud here: but for any fighter in general, would a 3- frame difference really matter? (Of course in a not so long frames move I can see an improvement. But when it comes to 14-16 frame overall move, that cuts 3 frames out- does it really matter?
The thing is... They made it a better wakeup attack. So I'm thinking it will not only have a faster execution, but also more invincibility frames. That mixed with 2 hits of armor for meter burn version is going to make hook charge godlike.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Yeah it is actually pretty big for a wakeup attack, why do you think people obsess over safe jumps in SF4 with 3-5 frame wakeups? Denying jumpins and whatever wakeup shenanigans ASAP is necessary for a good wakeup attack.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Random thing that came to mind - Batman might have a really hard time with Lobo after the patch. I'm getting a sneaking feeling that Lobo will be able to hook charge straight through Batman's b23 string, armoring the bomb, getting knockdown and advantage unless Batman flings whatever bats he has for self defense. Anf if he doesn't have any (and he'll have a lot less after the patch in general), welp...

Flagg

Noob
The two nuke shells will be massive, you are talking additional 10% damage to his combos.

I don't think he is as bad as ppl think and has some of the best damage in the game. His 21 into specials will be a nightmare for characters now.

Hook charge now being an overhead do you guys expect both hits to be overhead or just the first hit.

I believe it's going to be just the initial hook. Mostly because his super starts the same way as hook charge (slams the hook in front of him) and they made that into an overhead. If it's the second hit, that would be weird. Both hits would be even weirder. But I'll take any of them really, since I could care less if it was a mid or an overhead. I just wanted a solid wakeup and some sort of improvement on MB charge, and I got what I wanted. Anything else is just icing on the cake, really.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
I REALLY want to see what they mean by "increased range" on nuclear shells. It if is what I think it is I'm gonna jizz.

He'll definitely be better than he was. The biggest issue is where he will be in conjunction with everyone else and their buff. He could get all of these buffs and still be bottom 5 because everyone else got better with more armor on move/better frame data/etc. Kinda worried about that but I just gotta stay positive.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I always said I'd come back to Lobo if he got the right buffs, and come Oct 1st, he'll be my secondary behind Zod.

That said, I'm surprised no one else has picked up on something in the patch notes:

-Applying a Meter Burn to Directional Hard (Back + Hard or Forward + Hard) Attacks now inflicts 50% more damage.
-Now loads two rounds for his Nuclear Shells character power (up from 1).
Currently, b12 xx MB B3, J3, 21 xx (Insert ender of choice) does about 43% with trait up. Currently, the meter use vs reward is pretty spot on.

MB B3/F3 will do 50% more damage, meaning for everyone ELSE it will hit for 15.5%. Lobo's Nuclear Shell B3 is 16%, therefore his will do a whopping 24%. Post patch, the aforementioned combo will probably approach 55% mid screen, since he can end it with Space Hook if he has another shell and wants to hurt you a bit more. Or he can just F21 for a free Nuclear Shell in a string and end in something else.

Trust me when I say that B12 xx MB B3/F3 is going to be TERRIFYING for everyone else to deal with. With trait up, Lobo bounce cancels will be totally worth it.

Naug

Noob
I thought the bonus damage would only applie to armored B3 and F3 done from neutral. I guess we'll see on tuesday.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
A lot of the changes will help, 2 best ones for me will be nuclear shots going further and the hook charge,
Hook charge to actually be able to get in without jumping through hoops will be great.
the further shot will be pretty nice to be at an ok distance to try blasting out people who wake up consistently.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
The Nuke Shells is a big deal because of the possibility of tremendously increasing damage outputs on combos using more then one pump shot but I look forward to the Hook Charge overhead. B1 Hook Charge is gonna be majorly incorporated in to my gameplay.