What's new

Question Lobo's Oct. 1st Upgrades

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
Of all of the upgrades Lobo will be getting with the Oct. 1 update, which do you think will prove the most useful & why? Also, which of Lobo's upgrades are you most excited for & why?

For me, I think the extra nuclear shell with his trait will make a world of difference & will be the most useful. There are so many simple combos where Lobo shoots twice where the added damage from the 2nd nuclear shell in addition to the 1st will easily put his combos into the 35%+ damage range. For example, he gets ~46% damage off of 223,dbf2(MB),b3,213. With the added shell on the last hit, it could easily add +5% more damage (not accounting for damage scaling of course), which would give him a relatively easy combo for over 51% damage! That's crazy! Makes you wonder who the main main is now, huh...

Of his upgrades, I'm most excited for his hook charge becoming an overhead; I can't tell you how many times I feel like they should've been knocked down in the 1st place.

So, what do you think?

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1234603_601172469935372_1805100890_n.jpg

Ansumana

Noob
Hands down it would be the Hook-Charge changes so far. Want to see how "improved startup" will translate to frames, but a faster gap closer with 2 hits of armor and viable wake-up....that does cover a lot of the holes in his game.

But, as in all fighting games, doesn't mean much until you factor in changes to the rest of the cast.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Burned Hook Charge is gonna be ridiculous now, regardless what they do to the rest of the cast. Overhead, faster start up, two hits of armor? Not many things are gonna be able to deal with that effectively and consistently.

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
Burned Hook Charge is gonna be ridiculous now, regardless what they do to the rest of the cast. Overhead, faster start up, two hits of armor? Not many things are gonna be able to deal with that effectively and consistently.
Yep, Lobo has a very effective way of getting in close to do even more damage with his dual-nuclear shells. ;)

The only question I have is if they extended the trait animation to show him loading 2 shells? My guess would be no, because I'm sure they would've mentioned it in the patch notes. If that's the case, then that can only further benefit Lobo.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I like the changes, nothing has made his issues easy mode to deal with, and have simply let him play his game way more effrectively. On top of giving him a slightly bigger bag of tricks.

The solid wakeup is the biggest by far, but the two stacks of nuclear shots is awesome too. Now if you land a low shot mixup, you don't have top sacrifice any damage to reload a shot. You can simply stay on them and apply the same mixup again.

Guna have fun trying new and improved Lobo for sure.

I like how they buffed Pump Shot again, by increasing the damage of the second shot while traited lol. And Super hitting overhead is cool i guess.

The main buffs here are all the hook charge oriented buffs and 2 shells.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I like the changes, nothing has made his issues easy mode to deal with, and have simply let him play his game way more effrectively. On top of giving him a slightly bigger bag of tricks.

The solid wakeup is the biggest by far, but the two stacks of nuclear shots is awesome too. Now if you land a low shot mixup, you don't have top sacrifice any damage to reload a shot. You can simply stay on them and apply the same mixup again.

Guna have fun trying new and improved Lobo for sure.
Yes! So glad they didn't make him braindead. I'm happy with this patch.

Flagg

Noob
Didn't the patch notes say he was getting a damage buff On Mb shotgun? Coupled with two nuke shells will be big damage.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
The shells are huge, the extra damage, and range will be incredible. Having two of them means you can effectively space control your opponent more easily as well as do more damage in combos.

Flagg

Noob
I noticed with him you can't do a jump attack into b12 mb3, despite this being possible On the ground. I hope this means the improved range fixes this.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
If y' ask me. I still think Lobo needs a lot more work.
I'd say, after this patch, Lobo will be in a tier of his own. Right at the bottom. Worst in the game.
Coolest in the game, though.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If y' ask me. I still think Lobo needs a lot more work.​
I'd say, after this patch, Lobo will be in a tier of his own. Right at the bottom. Worst in the game.​
Coolest in the game, though.
This is a character that can take half of your life away with what...one bar expenditure? He's been given a solid wake-up with armor on a move that advances you forward.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
This is a character that can take half of your life away with what...one bar expenditure? He's been given a solid wake-up with armor on a move that advances you forward.
Exactly. Let's say we do decent now, all things considered. They fixed all of our glaring issues with the patch, without making him braindead. He can now get it a lot better, three frames faster and at +3 on block and he's still gonna be bottom tier? Cool story, bro.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
When she does stupid Lolmacecharge wake up or otherwise we can get a much more damaging punish now sure you could always jump backwards but that's a tougher punish and I think that wing evade move will catch a jump back (I could be wrong on that)

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
MBb3 takes hurts more and we take less damage from incoming attacks. Hawkgirl takes less damage from us, we take more from her when we use it.