What's new

Lobo Online Ranked Video Series

Woa, you use the Xbox analog stick? Not the directional pad?
That's hardcore! The analog stick for me is hard to get those minute accuracies to a corresponding move. That's incredible actually if your doing all this with the analog stick and not the dpad.

And wow kid - you must have played fighters all your life or your a fighting game savant to just pick up combos, mix ups and chaining them all together like an orchestra without much time in the lab.

I forgot to ask you. What's the big deal with Green Lantern? Is he like a good counter to Lobo?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Lobo has to be insanely patient and react to what he does. No wasted movement. Whenever GL does Lantern's Might, it can be punished with Low Space Hook. Lobo has to respect his wake up Lantern's Might, but at the same time, Lobo can always punish on block. It comes down to which one it more patient. Lobo also has to watch for his b+1 low slide. Up close on wake up (after a party crasher, for instance) Lobo can kinda bully him once he conditions him to stop doing LM. From a distance, get around his projectiles but watch it: it becomes a juggling mid if he meter burns it.

Ah. I see. I'm going to have to watch some Green Lantern YouTube videos. I thought his lantern might only increased his ring range. I definitely wasn't aware it gives him a stronger wake up (unless I misunderstood what you were saying).

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Ah. I see. I'm going to have to watch some Green Lantern YouTube videos. I thought his lantern might only increased his ring range. I definitely wasn't aware it gives him a stronger wake up (unless I misunderstood what you were saying).
Oh, it definitely does. Most of Lobo's enders leave him at a great distance, but Lantern's Might has a 10 frame start up. It comes out faster than anything Lobo has. Lobo HAS to respect it. Block and punish with Low Space Hook. It's easier when they are predictable with LM, but some Lanterns have it on a hair trigger. Those are the tough fights.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Oh, it definitely does. Most of Lobo's enders leave him at a great distance, but Lantern's Might has a 10 frame start up. It comes out faster than anything Lobo has. Lobo HAS to respect it. Block and punish with Low Space Hook. It's easier when they are predictable with LM, but some Lanterns have it on a hair trigger. Those are the tough fights.
I'm not sure of this, but space hook, even as a punish, can be jumped over. Against GL's LM. If he's at the correct distance he can get a jump in on you followed by a combo or a stupidly annoying vortex that can be woken up out of... But not if you're Lobo.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I'm not sure of this, but space hook, even as a punish, can be jumped over. Against GL's LM. If he's at the correct distance he can get a jump in on you followed by a combo or a stupidly annoying vortex that can be woken up out of... But not if you're Lobo.
Not true. Lantern's Might, on block, is -27. Space Hook hasa start up of 23. Low Space Hook has a start up of 20. GL CANNOT jump before you do a Low Space Hook if you do it as a reversal attack. I prefer Low Space Hook, because it has a longer range than Lantern's Might. Which means if Lobo blocks LM, he can Low Space Hook reversal. Every single time. I have tested it throughly: Set Lobo to Low Space Hook after blocking. Do Lantern's Might, then try to jump/block/backdash/whatever. GL does not recover in time. At all.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Not true. Lantern's Might, on block, is -27. Space Hook hasa start up of 23. Low Space Hook has a start up of 20. GL CANNOT jump before you do a Low Space Hook if you do it as a reversal attack. I prefer Low Space Hook, because it has a longer range than Lantern's Might. Which means if Lobo blocks LM, he can Low Space Hook reversal. Every single time. I have tested it throughly: Set Lobo to Low Space Hook after blocking. Do Lantern's Might, then try to jump/block/backdash/whatever. GL does not recover in time. At all.
Musta been slow to react then :v
That's what online'll do to y'.

Kim0z

Noob
i enjoyed watching that video, the combo at 6:57 was sick.

and that comeback at the end is hilarious :)

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
You've obviously gotten way better with him, only complaint is that it pains me every time you don't go for b3 after czar toss. Come on man you gotta master the big damage.

zoofs

bless
lol at the batman that meter burned the grapple then meter burned the b3 as well for no reason at all

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
You've obviously gotten way better with him, only complaint is that it pains me every time you don't go for b3 after czar toss. Come on man you gotta master the big damage.

Sometimes not doing a B3 grants you more damage though :v
Raw tosses in particular.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
As always. Tell me how to get good :v

After a blocked staff pound, you can dash forward. If he's flowcharting his staff pounds, you'll dash out of the next one before it hits. If he meter burns it, chill out for a second and eat the chip of the next one.

Wingdings aren't safe. Block and punish with low chain or standing 3 or whatever. The key is the be patient enough to block the MB version as the window for MB is bigger than most people think.

D2 every flying grayson. Keep the spacing of that move in mind, every Scrubwing throws it out the second they are in range. It's very, very punishable.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Derocus
Your video series is enjoyable, 'specially with the editing and text additions.

I've tagged you to say that I've wrapped your videos in the original post into individual spoiler tags, for doing that helps the page load faster.
Thanks, bud. Wasn't sure on how to do that myself :3

Also, thanks everyone for your feedback. I'd like to get more exciting gameplay for the videos, but there's only so much you can ask for when you're recording for a day :c

Thanks, bud. Wasn't sure on how to do that myself :3

Also, thanks everyone for your feedback. I'd like to get more exciting gameplay for the videos, but there's only so much you can ask for when you're recording for a day :c
I'd rather the quality than the quantity.

How you are releasing them now, I actually like. Feels like TV Show episodes, once a week.

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.
In the midway stage of editing. Expect the episode to be up tonight, provided nothing blows up :v

Update: Ep. 5 is being uploaded. ETA is an hour from now, but Youtube has a history of lying horribly. Expect it in the next 3 hours.