What's new

lobo is up on xbl

tazzmission

Banned
i tweeted boon about it now the waiting game

me to him

@noobde i see lobo is up on xbox live but cant be downloaded. im not sure if you are aware but theres the heads up

TogetherLemon

Robot Blueberry
I think it is pretty clear that development for Lobo started before the game was released. Day of the game released and they already have the final character design worked out, and now they accidentally put him up for download? Chances are he is probably already finished.

tazzmission

Banned
I think it is pretty clear that development for Lobo started before the game was released. Day of the game released and they already have the final character design worked out, and now they accidentally put him up for download? Chances are he is probably already finished.
that wouldnt suprise me if all 4 were finished before the game came out. it has happened before with other games mass effect being one of them

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Hmm, curiouser and curiouser...

I think it must have been a test/place-holder file, as I don't think the file would have just been called "Lobo" usually it has a prefix, like extra character, or DLC character, or sometimes the name of the game like "Injustice Character - Lobo"

I don't doubt the validity that this happened, just that that's the actual file if you know what I mean?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I just explored this a bit.

• this doesn't appear in the Xbox market place if you got there from desktop...its only detected for me by checking DLC in game from the game menu
  • It loads to 99%, then jumps to 0%, goes to 1%, then jumps back to 99% again and does this until it closes the download window for it...it then says there is nothing in my download queue and the DLC screen does not show a checkmark confirming I downloaded Lobo
  • After the download thingy above I went into game menus...nothing. Couldn't access Lobo nor did I see new slots
My thoughts are that he's listed early, but he doesn't have some final part that Microsoft checks for before updating your game. It gets all the way to 99% but it never verifies the file like normal downloads. It keeps going back and trying to redownload itself so that it can get whatever its missing to go into verification.
Whatever Lobo is up is missing something. Be it as small as some sort of code to tell the game its cool to add it or something as big as the udpate needed to allow others to play against him if you download him. Whatever is missing though is enough to prevent this from working. Keep waiting guys.

tazzmission

Banned

I think it must have been a test/place-holder file, as I don't think the file would have just been called "Lobo" usually it has a prefix, like extra character, or DLC character, or sometimes the name of the game like "Injustice Character - Lobo"

I don't doubt the validity that this happened, just that that's the actual file if you know what I mean?
when it comes to file sizes nope i dont know jack on that i admit

tazzmission

Banned
I just explored this a bit.

• this doesn't appear in the Xbox market place if you got there from desktop...its only detected for me by checking DLC in game from the game menu
  • It loads to 99%, then jumps to 0%, goes to 1%, then jumps back to 99% again and does this until it closes the download window for it...it then says there is nothing in my download queue and the DLC screen does not show a checkmark confirming I downloaded Lobo
  • After the download thingy above I went into game menus...nothing. Couldn't access Lobo nor did I see new slots
My thoughts are that he's listed early, but he doesn't have some final part that Microsoft checks for before updating your game. It gets all the way to 99% but it never verifies the file like normal downloads. It keeps going back and trying to redownload itself so that it can get whatever its missing to go into verification.

Whatever Lobo is up is missing something. Be it as small as some sort of code to tell the game its cool to add it or something as big as the udpate needed to allow others to play against him if you download him. Whatever is missing though is enough to prevent this from working. Keep waiting guys.

it did the same for me as well twice

BlueBeetle19

Blue Beetle > Everyone Else

All of the Mortal Kombat DLC characters were just labeled by there names like Kenshi, Skarlet, and Freddy Krueger.

shaowebb

it did the same for me as well twice
Yeah that sounds about right here too. Might be a default thing that if something fails to download itself fully several times to just stop trying. This file isn't finished yet even if its listed. It can't find whatever piece of code it needs to go into verification.

tazzmission

Banned
Yeah that sounds about right here too. Might be a default thing that if something fails to download itself with fully several times to just stop trying. This file isn't finished yet even if its listed. It can't find whatever piece of code it needs to go into verification.
any data miners on this forum? if so datamine the game and maybe we can find out who the next 3 dlcs are

theres got to be some form of file on disc so it couldnt hurt

shaowebb

any data miners on this forum? if so datamine the game and maybe we can find out who the next 3 dlcs are

theres got to be some form of file on disc so it couldnt hurt
In this case that might not matter. Lobo comes with a game update. Whatever the file is on disc may be updated or replaced when you download each character. Plus MVC3 had listings for folks who never made it like Doc Ock. Doesn't really mean anything even if you find something sometimes.

tazzmission

Banned
im not a big lobo fan but now im itching to give him a try and knowing what i posted about him on xbl is killing me here

theres a new charachter and nobody can play him :(

shaowebb

To be honest it's quite unlikely that all 4 weren't already finished before the games release.
Given the amount of time it takes to concept, model, texture rig, moveset animate, hitbox design, frame data crunch, and balance against the whole cast on top of however many times it has to go back through some of that after trips to QA ...yeah you're likely right. Guarantee they finalized the list a good while back given how long any of this takes. My hope is that the quote about possibly doing more than 4 holds true and they do a season 2 pass awhile after the season 1.

Its good that they didn't try to force cast into the story line that'd just clutter up the flow of the tale, though. Lobo would've been kind of overwhelming and forced in most scenarios I could think of for him to have shown up in the main story. I think anyone we see in DLC will probably be someone who wasn't explicity useful or who was redundant to someone else's role in the story already. Cmoooooooon Animal Man/Swamp Thing...