What's new

Tech - Cyber Sub-Zero Living List of B2 Punishable String Gaps: Defensive Options

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I'm a little skeptical. B2 is a great move, but some of these gaps are 2f wide, and this isn't an easy reversal like Bo's version. Timing them correctly is like... Well, it's like blocking our own corner set-ups. Am I missing something?

JDM

Noob
No it isn't? His combos are way harder, way more strict.

And less utility is very apparent. Cyrax has no reversal, divekick is a much better neutral tool than anything Cyrax has. Doesn't take much to see that.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm a little skeptical. B2 is a great move, but some of these gaps are 2f wide, and this isn't an easy reversal like Bo's version. Timing them correctly is like... Well, it's like blocking our own corner set-ups. Am I missing something?
The timing is difficult sometimes, but anything becomes easier with practice so I still think this thread could become a great resource. Also keep in mind that one simply could use armor to blow through these as well, but it's nice to know what you can punish for free;)

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
No it isn't? His combos are way harder, way more strict.

And less utility is very apparent. Cyrax has no reversal, divekick is a much better neutral tool than anything Cyrax has. Doesn't take much to see that.
Cyrax: F21 xx bf1, dash, df2, f43, df2, f43, dd2, uppercut, dd2, db1, 4 db4 =38%

Cyber Sub-Zero: F13 xx ice ball, DS, jip, b3u4 xx FDK, NJP, jik xx CDK, f43 xx CDK, 21, 1114 = ... ~33%

Cyrax has ample time to set up after a net, and his repeated use of simple f43 strings and one-hit normals that hit an opponent into large bomb hitbox don't really seem all that difficult.

Cyber Sub-Zero however, having to manage drones that alter normals/ specials, consider stamina for b2 routes, input and cancel awkward b3u4 strings with dive kick, tailor dive kick cancels (near or far) depending on which combo we need, land instant NJP's, input micro run cancels, stagger 21 strings for proper 1114 height, and do it all for less damage that our kindergarten counterparts?

You're out of your mind thinking Cyrax combos are harder.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Cyrax: F21 xx bf1, dash, df2, f43, df2, f43, dd2, uppercut, dd2, db1, 4 db4 =38%

Cyber Sub-Zero: F13 xx ice ball, DS, jip, b3u4 xx FDK, NJP, jik xx CDK, f43 xx CDK, 21, 1114 = ... ~33%

Cyrax has ample time to set up after a net, and his repeated use of simple f43 strings and one-hit normals that hit an opponent into large bomb hitbox don't really seem all that difficult.

Cyber Sub-Zero however, having to manage drones that alter normals/ specials, consider stamina for b2 routes, input and cancel awkward b3u4 strings with dive kick, tailor dive kick cancels (near or far) depending on which combo we need, land instant NJP's, input micro run cancels, stagger 21 strings for proper 1114 height, and do it all for less damage that our kindergarten counterparts?

Yeah Cyrax combos are monotonous and overly long but not necessarily high execution. They also work regardless of carry and the gravity and hitbox on the bombs is incredibly generous.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah Cyrax combos are monotonous and overly long but not necessarily high execution. They also work regardless of carry and the gravity and hitbox on the bombs is incredibly generous.
This is with corner assist. You can end after f43 xx CDK with f2 or slide though.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Does anyone have the Bo Rai Cho or Leatherface DLC? I haven't purchased them but it would be great to find out what we can punish.

JDM

Noob

I use both characters. Cyrax df2 f43 df2 f43 is relatively strict to get the next series to connect. Your combo isn't the best combo to do, it's easier, but it's not optimal and most cyrax players would opt for more difficult combos to get a better setup.

CSZ combos are easier, his setups are dumb easy, his divekick is braindead and makes neutral way easier than anything Cyrax has.

Cyrax setups midscreen off of net dd3 21 b1xxdb2 run uppercut are incredibly hard to pull off.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I use both characters. Cyrax df2 f43 df2 f43 is relatively strict to get the next series to connect. Your combo isn't the best combo to do, it's easier, but it's not optimal and most cyrax players would opt for more difficult combos to get a better setup.

CSZ combos are easier, his setups are dumb easy, his divekick is braindead and makes neutral way easier than anything Cyrax has.

Cyrax setups midscreen off of net dd3 21 b1xxdb2 run uppercut are incredibly hard to pull off.
That combo was copy/ pasted from the Cyrax Combo thread. Also, I'm pretty sure dive kick is more punishable than REO made it out to be.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Honestly divekick gets beat by every njp in the game. All bomb + divekick traps lose to njp.
Scorpion, Subzero j3 beat njp in any way you can think of.

What kind of people do you play that just let you divekick all over the place really?
Hell even the AI spams you out of the divekick on read each time with random air attacks.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Is the AI in this game honest or broken like old mk games? Could u fight the computer set to hardest difficulty to find ways out of things?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It's broken as fuk, it reads your inputs and just waits there for you to press something in order to insta-destroy you.

However, its awesome to use it to test gaps in your pressure, as it will fuck you over the first frame it gets the chance. (hint - use grandmaster very hard ai as it will armor slide through every gap and full combo punish you with his 6 frame standing 1 if you mistime the pressure).

I use it to test my A-list pressure and I can rest assured that if I off the inputs for even a small frame gap it will bury me.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Why are ppl complaining about this. Many characters can interrupt strings but most importantly, it's not an easy task to do so the chances of seeing this is quite small. Especially in high level games in tourneys because if you miss that 2f window, you're eating a full combo you could have otherwise just blocked.

Plus, Cyber Subby Wubby doesn't care about complaints from "inferior beings" (his words after B1 > 2+4, not mine)