What's new

Tech - Cyber Sub-Zero Living List of B2 Punishable String Gaps: Defensive Options

Wetdoba

All too easy...
It's not an actual backdash he just shifts back. I've been hit out of this attack multiple times on startup even before the hitbox is out.
Ok so its not invincible but still this is pretty nuts if it can still blow up gaps with no meter midscreen into full combo lol.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Backdashes have invincibility, if you can use it as a backdash against strings, then it does have invincibility AND it's cancellable, unlike any other backdash.
IT ISNT INVINCIBLE. If it were invincible I'd be able to punish Mileena bite strings even though she flys forward. I'll get hit out of my startup animation every time.

I can cancel into slide to low profile though :joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
But even tho CSZ's is not as good, he doesn't have to spend a bar for invincibility frames.
He gets hit out of a lot of gaps for full combo, like your girl Mileena for example.

I'd much rather spend a bar on a variation who barely uses meter in order to blow up every gap string and every armor in the game, even armored reversals after they make the right read, for full combo, than a circumstantial situational B2 punish.

But that's just me. Buff Bo. Nerf CSZ.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Backdashes have invincibility, if you can use it as a backdash against strings, then it does have invincibility AND it's cancellable, unlike any other backdash.
Wait so its not a command normal with abackdash built in? Hes literally backdashing like normal and cancelling it into this launching advancing overhead?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Wait so its not a command normal with abackdash built in? Hes literally backdashing like normal and cancelling it into this launching advancing overhead?
No the move itself is one thing. He'll slide back and the overhead will come out regardless. He can cancel this overhead into a low slide if he needs to low profile or a bomb as well

Wetdoba

All too easy...
No the move itself is one thing. He'll slide back and the overhead will come out regardless. He can cancel this overhead into a low slide if he needs to low profile or a bomb as well
So the input is just B2 and he does the whole animation but it takes stamina like a normal backdash and you can cancel into specials after the backdash instead of coming back forward with the overhead?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So this tech thread was started a little over an hour ago, with half of the responses being hate.

Bo Rai Cho's tech thread of a much superior version of this for a bar was started almost 3 hours ago, has less replies, but almost all of them are either "wow so cool" or universal acceptance.

Lmfao! TYM is becoming a fail.

I'll be contributing findings to the tech which is the purpose of the thread from this point forward. Just thought that should be pointed out.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
So just to confirm, the way this works is if the hurtbox of B2 avoids the normal following the gap?

I hate to party poop on everyone riding the DLC propaganda machine but this isn't CSZ exclusive at all if that's the case.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
So just to confirm, the way this works is if the hurtbox of B2 avoids the normal following the gap?

I hate to party poop on everyone riding the DLC propaganda machine but this isn't CSZ exclusive at all if that's the case.
All B2 does is a move that retreats CSZ hurtbox while he throws out an overhead. It is not invincible. People have been under all kinds of crazy assumptions. This is what I was trying to tell everyone about screaming for nerfs on B2 and divekick when they don't even understand how this character works.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
All B2 does is a move that retreats CSZ hurtbox while he throws out an overhead. It is not invincible. People have been under all kinds of crazy assumptions. This is what I was trying to tell everyone about screaming for nerfs on B2 and divekick when they don't even understand how this character works.
Yeah exactly what I suspected. Scorpion has been able to do this with teleport since day 1, people need to calm their tits lol.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Liu Kang Flame Fist after regular FBF4-

After Flurry Punches if he does Backhand Fist or Parry you get a full combo.

If he does Flame Fist or EX he's can block in time.

If he does fireball he hits you.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
In case you thought Unbreakable wasn't already trash, you can kiss your F4xxEX aura into a free 50/50 goodbye.

EDIT: nevermind I wasn't quite doing it fast enough. As an Unbreakable main I am ashamed.

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
Holy shit that is beyond ridiculous LOL.

Why am I using cyrax again who's 20x harder to use and has a weaker neutral game and less utility than CSZ >_>