What's new

Tech - Cyber Sub-Zero Living List of B2 Punishable String Gaps: Defensive Options

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Cyber Sub-Zero can punish string gaps with his B2 overhead/backdash attack. I've posted a video example as a frame of reference. This was orignally brought to my attention by @SaltShaker and I felt that this tech deserves its own thread (much like the Unbreakable string gap punishing thread for Parry and EX Parrry). I will be updating this list as often as possible.

Cassie

B12 * 4

Goro

B12 * U2

Jacqui

233 * 4

Raiden

112 * 2 (might trade if not timed properly)
B112 * 2 (might trade if not timed properly)

Jason

F21+3

Tanya

Delayed Rekkas

Alien

Delayed Rekkas

Liu Kang

FBF4 (non buffed) * Parry

FBF4 (non buffed) * DB2

If Liu Kang is buffed, he'll be able to block safely, but a Drone Enhanced B2 will leave you +2

Sub-Zero

Any strings canceled into Parry

Smoke, Sektor, Cyber Sub, and Cyrax

B3U4 This move has a gap after the second hit. This is full combo punishable by the whole cast.

Last edited:

Azmodeus

The harder I work, the luckier I get
YES! Ohhhhhhhhhh that's disgusting... i wonder if this can punish command grabs, or special gaps like quan's rune... I don't think it's broken tho cuz those gaps were always punishable, this is just meterless

Last edited:

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I don't care if his corner game is nerfed, as long as he keeps his utility, that is why I love this character, for stuff like this, not the corner stuff.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thanks for the cred bro.

Nice to see extra defensive options added for some MUs for a change. Also add Tanya and Alien delayed Rekkas to the list.

To the haters, I have yet to see a single one of you in the Bo Rai Cho Drunken EX DD3 thread which is a 10x better version of this so please, make your way over there if you think this mechanic is an issue. Thanks in advance.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Thanks for the cred bro.

Nice to see extra defensive options added for some MUs for a change. Also add Tanya and Alien delayed Rekkas to the list.

To the haters, I have yet to see a single one of you in the Bo Rai Cho Drunken EX DD3 thread which is a 10x better version of this so please, make your way over there if you think this mechanic is an issue. Thanks in advance.
But even tho CSZ's is not as good, he doesn't have to spend a bar for invincibility frames.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Wait so is it invincible? What the hell. Meterless invincible move, awkay NRS.
It's not invinceble sometimes if you flub the timing you'll get hit out of your animation and other times it trades. If you nail the timing you can full punish even Radien.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It's not invinceble sometimes if you flub the timing you'll get hit out of your animation and other times it trades. If you nail the timing you can full punish even Radien.
Backdashes have invincibility, if you can use it as a backdash against strings, then it does have invincibility AND it's cancellable, unlike any other backdash.