What's new

Liu Kang Discussion Thread

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
The short hop mind game with liu is very good. You guys should add it to your pressure.
Im always weary of using short hop because its punishable and i find it reactable.
Although, not gonna lie, with the time spent crouch blocked by our opponents, it can definitely catch ppl off guard. Imma play with it more see if I can find a good time to use it.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
So cancelling into a stance after the first 2 kicks of the F3333 string is easy, you just do F3~DD1.
But cancelling into the stance after the first 3 hits (ala NinjaKilla) consistently is insane.
You have to input the full F3333 string, then DD1, and make sure you press the 1 at the same time as the 3rd kick comes out. Madness. Pure madness.

unless someone else has an easier method?

Parasurama

Dragon
So cancelling into a stance after the first 2 kicks of the F3333 string is easy, you just do F3~DD1.
But cancelling into the stance after the first 3 hits (ala NinjaKilla) consistently is insane.
You have to input the full F3333 string, then DD1, and make sure you press the 1 at the same time as the 3rd kick comes out. Madness. Pure madness.

unless someone else has an easier method?
Just do dd1 immediately after inputting it F3333.... the main issue is the timing as you said and even more problematic is that we press too many buttons.

Parasurama

Dragon
I'm a life long liu main and I think hes great in this game for the most part. I just kind of miss having all the swag he use to have. It's kinda boring sometimes only being able to punish with a string into bicycle. Say what you want about mkx but it definitely had more swag
I was thinking they should give his firegod skin the same animations as in the story but with the no change in his frame data.

Parasurama

Dragon
Lol I honestly don’t know why anyone would use short hop 3/4. Stubby ass move..you gotta be like on top of the opponent type range. I find myself using it purely on accident and then subsequently observe as Jacqui Briggs depletes my life bar because I whiffed
I would only use it because it looks cool.

POPTDP

Noob
With the Young Justice skin, do you guys prefer the standard Fire-Shot gauntlets or the more klassic looking Unrelenting Python Grip gauntlets?

Definitely not. Just end the string at f43 and block and punish. Also f3333xxfireball or shaolin stance low is a preferable blockstring in many situations because there is no gap. It's especially good after you hit a d1 or if they have no defensive bar on wakeup.

Also, Ive been meaning to test whether or not f43xxhigh fireball catches the startup of fb's. I believe it starts 1 or 2 frames faster (could be wrong).
Any tips on cancelling the f3333 into shaolin stance? Been practicing for an hour but I can't get the stance to come out even a single time.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Any tips on cancelling the f3333 into shaolin stance? Been practicing for an hour but I can't get the stance to come out even a single time.
That shit is a ROYAL pain in the ass. You have to input the full string (F3333) but be fast enough to input the stance (DD1) before the third hit comes out. It feels like your final input of the DD1 string has to coincide at the same time as the 3rd kick animation occurs

That shit is a ROYAL pain in the ass. You have to input the full string (F3333) but be fast enough to input the stance (DD1) before the third hit comes out. It feels like your final input of the DD1 string has to coincide at the same time as the 3rd kick animation occurs
Oh you are totally right! I was entering the f3333 way too slow(even though it was still coming out). Was also thinking for some reason that the stance came after the 4th kick but its actually the 3rd. Counting is hard. Thanks for the very quick help! Much appreciated

Edit: Also follow up question, is there a little bit of an option select there? Feels like the stance only comes out on block but not on hit, which would be great, or am I mistaken?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Oh you are totally right! I was entering the f3333 way too slow(even though it was still coming out). Was also thinking for some reason that the stance came after the 4th kick but its actually the 3rd. Counting is hard. Thanks for the very quick help! Much appreciated

Edit: Also follow up question, is there a little bit of an option select there? Feels like the stance only comes out on block but not on hit, which would be great, or am I mistaken?
Not sure bro lol Im still trying to get the timing right when the opponent is blocking. When I get that down and Im consistent, then I'll test out other things. Because as of now, I wont know if it was an option select or if it was just me who keeps fucking up the timing of the inputs

Not sure bro lol Im still trying to get the timing right when the opponent is blocking. When I get that down and Im consistent, then I'll test out other things. Because as of now, I wont know if it was an option select or if it was just me who keeps fucking up the timing of the inputs
Haha you right you right. Thanks again for the tip. Life saver!

POPTDP

Noob
Fire-Shot, because they are "official" in story mode, they are THE gauntlets for Young Justice Liu Kang
I get it’s the official gauntlets. But do you think it looks better than the unrelenting python grip? I feel like the black gauntlets stand out more

POPTDP

Noob
Does anyone else have difficulty with the timing window to continue a combo after EX low fireball in the corner?

E.g. F3333, 34 EX Lfb, 123 BF3

I always have trouble hitting with the window between the low fireball and the 123. It always either registers the 1 too early and it doesn’t get out, or I do it too late after they’ve dropped to the ground.

Same goes for if you replace the F3333 with d2 KB or F43U3 KB.

Any recommendations on how to get this out consistently??

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Does anyone else have difficulty with the timing window to continue a combo after EX low fireball in the corner?

E.g. F3333, 34 EX Lfb, 123 BF3

I always have trouble hitting with the window between the low fireball and the 123. It always either registers the 1 too early and it doesn’t get out, or I do it too late after they’ve dropped to the ground.

Same goes for if you replace the F3333 with d2 KB or F43U3 KB.

Any recommendations on how to get this out consistently??
I just tried it and it's not easy. Because if you hit the opponent with 34 when he's too high, the low fireball whiffs. Too low and your 123 whiffs.
I guess its just practice to get the timing of the 34 down.

When you get it down though and use 2 bars for that combo (F3333 > 34 > DB1(amp) > 123~BF3(amp)) it gives a nice 378 damage.

I do find that the 34~DB1(amp) is much easier to land after a D2(KB) & F3333 pop up than a F43U3(KB) pop up

RAYBAANN

Noob
On block, try to F3333 + BF1 (on third hit), it's pretty safe because of the pushback, it leaves you at enough distance to escape from almost any punish, and you can take advantage of that. Take a look in 57:25 of this video (and watch all the matches, hype!):