What's new

Li Mei General Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 5032
  • Start date

Wigy

There it is...
@Pan1cMode
B24 is also considered airborne.
f4 links into OH and low starter and then you can do ambush u+K off db3 later on and it uses the same kameo meter.

got a few combos that route to mid 40s

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Lol f3 in the corner is pretty nuts with ferr ambush.

edit/ this works midscreen the same for block pressure

Im not sure what exactly is going on but in the corner there is some weird interaction as you’re considered airborne even though you’re lying on the floor so if timed right i’ve been plus 16 off f3 U+K ferr JIP. But most of the time its plus 4-5

Last edited:

PrinceGoro

Dojo Trainee
Was messing around with li mei and frost,looking at the new string and frost wall and you can Alter gravity with frost wall.

An example would be comboing off db3 wich usually doesnt work midscreen nor in the corner.

Midscreen
4321xxf+kameo,b24,3xx(d kameo b3),d1xxbf1EX,jump back 13xxdb4

Damage is 353 rather sub optimal and a very tight conversion but actually pretty satisfying land.

Interesting that the frost wall can alter the frames of the opponet falling to the ground,dont know how usefull it will be and to what extent other characters could use it.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
The new sektor missle hit reaction leads to a lot of good stuff in the corner. 1+K-24bf1 gets you double lantern lauch. You can get the same off bf4 but timing is tricky.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
What's everyone doing after b24 meterless / no kameo and metered?

Atm just doing B24. j124, bf4 if close or B24, B24, 43, bf4 if I want them far.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What's everyone doing after b24 meterless / no kameo and metered?

Atm just doing B24. j124, bf4 if close or B24, B24, 43, bf4 if I want them far.
b24, dash~b2~df2, db2, ji134~db4
b24, dash~b2~df2, db2, ji212~bf1(ex), ji13~db4

I’m pretty sure that’s max damage midscreen.

In the corner:
b24, b3~db2, db2, ji134~db4
b24, b3~db2, db2, ji134~bf1(ex), ji13~db4

Wigy

There it is...
b24, dash~b2~df2, db2, ji134~db4
b24, dash~b2~df2, db2, ji212~bf1(ex), ji13~db4

I’m pretty sure that’s max damage midscreen.

In the corner:
b24, b3~db2, db2, ji134~db4
b24, b3~db2, db2, ji134~bf1(ex), ji13~db4
i knew you could do this off f43 but evertime i tried to with b24 i slide pass and whiff or it stays the same side

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
i knew you could do this off f43 but evertime i tried to with b24 i slide pass and whiff or it stays the same side
It’s tricky timing. I think I’ve been able to get it with a walk forward before but again, tricky timing.

In general though in using Mavado and so I use

b24, b3, 21~db2, u+k, db2, ji134~db4

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
Did this on accident in a match so I thought it made sense to compile a list of characters who go airborne during their armor moves to do this on purpose. Some are more difficult to set up in regards to the position of the lantern while the very practical ones just require the lantern to be roughly above the opponent.

CharacterNotes
HomelanderPractical but can't beat it cleanly, only trade.
KitanaSemi-difficult to set up as lantern has to be a little behind Li Mei because Kitana jumps forwards. She doesn't go airborne until the second hit so it will trade.
Liu KangVery practical
MileenaCan't break the armor but she just flies into it anyway. Difficult to set up as lantern has to be very behind Li Mei. Can beat cleanly or trade if lantern position is too close.
Omni-ManVery practical
PeacemakerVery difficult to set up as lantern has to be very behind Li Mei and catch Peacemaker at a certain point of the recovery. Not sure if worth going for.
QuanVery practical
RaidenVery practical
ShaoVery practical
SmokeCan't break the armor but he jumps into it anyway. Lantern has to be behind Li Mei.
TakedaNot sure exactly how his armor move works yet but seems very practical.
TanyaVery practical

Wigy

There it is...
So dont know if this is known. B24 cannot be ducked if b2 is stand blocked.

Mavado time with instant overhead launcher i think.

makes it very strong as unless someone is intentionally duck blocking for it you’re probably not going to try

Hoon3y

Noob
Did this on accident in a match so I thought it made sense to compile a list of characters who go airborne during their armor moves to do this on purpose. Some are more difficult to set up in regards to the position of the lantern while the very practical ones just require the lantern to be roughly above the opponent.

CharacterNotes
HomelanderPractical but can't beat it cleanly, only trade.
KitanaSemi-difficult to set up as lantern has to be a little behind Li Mei because Kitana jumps forwards. She doesn't go airborne until the second hit so it will trade.
Liu KangVery practical
MileenaCan't break the armor but she just flies into it anyway. Difficult to set up as lantern has to be very behind Li Mei. Can beat cleanly or trade if lantern position is too close.
Omni-ManVery practical
PeacemakerVery difficult to set up as lantern has to be very behind Li Mei and catch Peacemaker at a certain point of the recovery. Not sure if worth going for.
QuanVery practical
RaidenVery practical
ShaoVery practical
SmokeCan't break the armor but he jumps into it anyway. Lantern has to be behind Li Mei.
TakedaNot sure exactly how his armor move works yet but seems very practical.
TanyaVery practical
[/QUOTE]
What a good find, im labbing with Li Mei Lanterns a bit more today. I see if i can find something interesting. Really just theory crafting in practice mode. I'll take it on line and see how valid what I find is.

Hoon3y

Noob
Hey Guys,

RANTING!!!

In terms of Li Mei, How are you guys feeling after the Patch? I didn't play her all last season, (Playing Tekken). I was over some of the Match ups, Particularly Peacemaker and Homelander.

I got my groove back join a tourney last weekend and lost to Homelander, the painful part is my neutral was better except me having to guess whether something is a mid or grab into a full combo. I picked scorp to even out the damage, so even if i guess wrong once or twice im still in the fight. If you go for a grab> I duck> and 50% is gone. or i get 38% with a safe jump with pressure> If you hit me you do 30-35% Max and you get a knockdown.

I hesitated to mavado due to the fact i have to touch him more and his only counter zoning move works on the ground. Obvious answer is just pick top tier and go from their, But i truly believe that Li Mei can win more tourneys in the right hands, it will be hard fought but to me is worth it.

SIDE NOTE: who is on PC/Steam??? Feel to reply below, we dont have to play since some of you guys are Worldwide like Australia/US, but i would be nice to see the replays of some tech you find while playing games.

In terms of Li Mei, IDK how your close group of FGC players feel. But its like fighting tooth and nail to get them to see how fun it is to play with Li Mei. Every hit is earned and nothing is really Cheap even iairdb4. Li Mei if you lab enough has an answer for every Rock Paper Scissors situation and her answer usually hurts more than the opponents. I feel like other characters can be short of a few briancells and still be hard to play against, but Li has tools that actually neutralizes their BS. Yes her range is lacking but she has plus frames that people need to guess to as well. and if you wiff a move outside of range knee is how you go about taking care of that.

This bring me on the topic of Knee, This is a high risk high reward move but i believe how Li Mei gets respected. The only way to stop it is by dash blocking or blocking in general. When you blocking your not moving forward your staying still. If you staying still you can be mixed F4 or iairdb4 or even f3 if you into that. This bring me to my next question do you guys believe a Kameo that can both keep her safe from doing knee and also help her extend combos may be her best chance at be very strong?

It looks like Mavado is honestly top one at the moment. I love scorpion for some other match especially if they are rushdown because i feel that getting close to Li Mei allows me to abuse plus frame and put you on defense more, AKA. Johnny, Shao Matchups. Mavado is really strong over all because he amplifies neutral more that any other kameo. Even gives you a safe Knee if you use full bar and send it. which shouldnt be looked at lightly. That where all the respect starts with Li Mei and alteast this what a believe.

The Point of the Rant is really to Theory craft with Li Mei, I want you guys let me know how you have been opening up opponents what type of set play has been giving you mileage or even what match ups feel easier because of neutral tip you know

-For example abusing down 4 again shao, This is truly a losing match up for shao don't @ me. we d4 for free forcing him to poke and we get a free punish for it. and we can duck his a 8 frame in neutral especially if you are looking for it we can interrupt with 1,2,4 in to a full combo. B4 on wake up and plus frames means he can't even armor if he wants. Shao is cooked in this match up.

I want to see your thoughts/tech/ Match up advice random or not, Lets talk about making it hell for other characters going against Li Mei. And i dont mean combos because we call do combos, How do put the OPP in stressful position after every single interaction. Which can be after certain combo, but would love if you guys explained the mind games after the combos.

Thanks for Reading my Rant can't wait to here what you guys have to say.

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
DB3/Ex DB3 punish charts assuming you can't get a jab or other regular starter. * means it's situational and to see the notes.

Updated as of Ferra patch

MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
F3Y*NSpecifically referring to point blank, cross-up F3 where she lands too far away for a regular starter.
122NY
21NY
F42NY
F423NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
B3YY
B31NY
F3NY
444NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
123NY
2NY*Safe at point blank
21NY
4NY
F4NY
D4Y*Y*Spacing dependent
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
D4YY*Ex DB3 works at point blank only
B1NY
22NY
B32NY
B2nY*Flawless block only
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
D4NY*Spacing dependent
B4YN
B12NY
F4NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D4Y*Y*D3 isn't punishable. DB3 punishes everything except max range. Ex DB3 is spacing dependent.
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3YY*Ex is spacing dependent. Just use regular.
B4NY
F4YY
D4Y*Y*Spacing dependent
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
B3Y*NReferring to spaced B3 where it's too far for a regular starter.
214NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
D4NY*Spacing dependent
F22NY
44NY
DF1NY
Sento D1NY
Sento D3NY
Sento D4NY
F2NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
B4NY*Only the worst, most point blank ones are punishable.
B3NY
F1YY
2NY
B33NY
B1NY*If flawless blocked and spaced poorly, or else too much pushback
B14NY*If flawless blocked
B2NY
4NY
BF1NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
F3NY
F4YN
Ex BF1NY*
Ex BF2NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
B24NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
33NY
32NY*If flawless blocked
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
F2433NY
F4NY*Can be spaced to be safe
Air Ex DB4Y*Y*She can be punishable
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
12NY
F12NY
3NY*Spacing dependent
34NY*Divekick can be made safe
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
B11NY
F3YY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
B4NY*Only if point blank
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
13NY
F21YNToo far for ex, regular hits every time.
B3NY
B34NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
B2NY
123NY*If flawless blocked
F224NY
F434NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
F1NY*Can be spaced to be safe
B2Y*NSpacing dependent
F2NY*Can be made safe against crouch block
D4NY
112NY*If flawless blocked
4Y*Y*Flawless block data listed in-game is wrong. Really -17 on flawless block, not -7 as listed.
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
34NY
4NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
114NY
3NY*Can get a punish at most spacings
B31NY
F311NY*If flawless blocked
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3YY*Ex DB3 can whiff depending on the spacing. Just use regular DB3.
F4NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
B223NY
F434 (Young)NY
F32 (Old)NY*Spacing dependent.
F41 (Old)NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
2NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
D34NY
21NY
F231NY*If flawless blocked
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
12NY
F12NY
21NY
212NY
34NY
B3NY
B4NY*Spacing dependent.
D4NY
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
F12NY
F2NY
B3NY
B4NY*Spacing dependent
F4NY
D4NY
Ex DF4NY*First rekka
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
D1NY
D3NY
2NY
DF1/Ex DF1NY
Air DF1Y*Y*Spacing dependent
Ex TeleportNY*If for some reason they don't cancel into an attack

Kameos
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
F+KNY*Flawless block data listed in-game is wrong. Really -7 on flawless block, not 0 as listed.
MoveDB3Ex DB3Notes
Crystalline F+KNY*Flawless block for no pushback
Updated as of Ferra patch. Fixed random mistakes/missing moves, added relevant special moves and flawless-blockable moves.

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
In terms of Li Mei, How are you guys feeling after the Patch? I didn't play her all last season, (Playing Tekken). I was over some of the Match ups, Particularly Peacemaker and Homelander.
She's cool right now. Haven't played a ton of this patch but they gave her a lot of love in the last few updates so life is easier for her than it used to be. Agree Homelander is kind of a bummer to play against and Ferra might be making everyone wild but new (presumably big) patch coming soon means I probably wouldn't get used to anything.

SIDE NOTE: who is on PC/Steam??? Feel to reply below, we dont have to play since some of you guys are Worldwide like Australia/US, but i would be nice to see the replays of some tech you find while playing games.
I'm on pc, located in US West. This is me if you wanna add me and play or anything.

In terms of Li Mei, IDK how your close group of FGC players feel. But its like fighting tooth and nail to get them to see how fun it is to play with Li Mei. Every hit is earned and nothing is really Cheap even iairdb4. Li Mei if you lab enough has an answer for every Rock Paper Scissors situation and her answer usually hurts more than the opponents.
I honestly think she's super fun and I enjoy playing her a lot, maybe the only reason I still play this game tbh. She's definitely my kind of character so that probably helps. I think you're exactly correct in this assessment. She's pretty honest, not cheap (though she can rob games occasionally) and if you lose to her you probably got outplayed. It seems to me like she'll never be cheap because even though like you said she has an answer to every situation, her answers don't cover many options each so you have to pick the exactly correct one to get rewarded. She can't just mindlessly oppress with one or two really good options and tell her opp to hold it, she kind of always has to play with them.

This bring me on the topic of Knee, This is a high risk high reward move but i believe how Li Mei gets respected. The only way to stop it is by dash blocking or blocking in general. When you blocking your not moving forward your staying still. This bring me to my next question do you guys believe a Kameo that can both keep her safe from doing knee and also help her extend combos may be her best chance at be very strong?
Pretty much agree. Sometimes you just gotta represent the knee even if it means dying. A kameo that that did both make knee safe and extend it for combos would probably be really strong for her honestly. That would allow her to participate in the "yolo move into ambush" meta the best characters do but depending on what they do with the exD2 punish maybe this could die down.

It looks like Mavado is honestly top one at the moment. I love scorpion for some other match especially if they are rushdown because i feel that getting close to Li Mei allows me to abuse plus frame and put you on defense more, AKA. Johnny, Shao Matchups. Mavado is really strong over all because he amplifies neutral more that any other kameo. Even gives you a safe Knee if you use full bar and send it. which shouldnt be looked at lightly.
I haven't put in a ton of work with Mavado so I'm absolutely not an expert on the pairing. I can see him being her best partner but atm I really value what Janet brings, namely scarier strike/throw and a bit better neutral. 140 damage forward throw is a huge deal imo as well as throw combo only taking half kameo bar. Midscreen armored launcher helps in neutral and keeps her from getting opressed at certain ranges (disregard if Mavado gives armored launcher bc I actually don't know). These are good enough that I always want kameo so I think Janet pretty much always being available is so important. Idk maybe I just can't stomach using whole kameo for one move. Also I hate -50 health haha.

Scorp is definitely a good pick for certain mus, pretty much because back spear is crazy good against some things. If I was playing in tournament I would probably pick him against teams trying to stick to you on offense. So I'm thinking Kenshi for sure, Shao or Sindel without Lao, maybe certain Liu Kang teams, possibly Geras.

-For example abusing down 4 again shao, This is truly a losing match up for shao don't @ me. we d4 for free forcing him to poke and we get a free punish for it. and we can duck his a 8 frame in neutral especially if you are looking for it we can interrupt with 1,2,4 in to a full combo. B4 on wake up and plus frames means he can't even armor if he wants. Shao is cooked in this match up.
I noticed this too. She can kind of just spam d4 or sweep on his wake up or if he's on defense and he just has to hold it. He has the damage to make his hits count but I absolutely see the neutral/defending being tough for him.

I want to see your thoughts/tech/ Match up advice random or not, Lets talk about making it hell for other characters going against Li Mei.
Generally, I think she can do well against any team with less than 1000 health. She can really win in only two touches against 950 and below so she's pretty much always alive in the game. Another mu factor for her is how important the moves she can reversal are to the other charater's game. A couple characters she can reversal some important stuff without meter and that makes it seem like she does well. I'm thinking Havik D4 (I think she dumpsters him personally), Scorpion D3, or Peacemaker D3. If she can punish something really important, even if it takes meter, she probably does ok. She probably fucks up Kung Lao because he usually has 950 health and his safe armor isn's safe against her. I've always thought she does well against Khameleon teams too even before the nerfs because she has some stuff that allows her to handle every Khameleon form. BF1 is good enough to tag Jade glaive, lantern can stop Kitana jump shenanigans, and B3 has the right amount of startup to hit Mileena ball roll after invincibility on wakeup so she can blow this up for huge damage on a now -50 kameo.

How do put the OPP in stressful position after every single interaction. Which can be after certain combo, but would love if you guys explained the mind games after the combos.
I think her corner carry is relevant to stressful positions here. She can put you in the corner from pretty far away if you do two BF4's in a combo or side switch if her back is to the corner. Once the opp is in the corner she can make it party time. Lantern to stop jumping out, easier to maul, and any touch is 400+ meterless. I think the threat of losing a grip of health if she touches you is the stressful position. As for what to do after a combo, I think it just depends on the opp honestly. I'm not really a setup monster like that so I'm not setplaying people to death, if you got the setups send em my way. I suppose I do B3 a lot on knockdown if I know they're not gonna armor. It has a lot of active frames so you don't have to time it well and plus on block lets you do other stuff. It can catch jumpout attempts too. But it feels like she just has to play the opponent on knockdown and pick the correct option from her wheel.

kabelfritz

Warrior
I haven't put in a ton of work with Mavado so I'm absolutely not an expert on the pairing. I can see him being her best partner but atm I really value what Janet brings, namely scarier strike/throw and a bit better neutral. 140 damage forward throw is a huge deal imo as well as throw combo only taking half kameo bar. Midscreen armored launcher helps in neutral and keeps her from getting opressed at certain ranges (disregard if Mavado gives armored launcher bc I actually don't know). These are good enough that I always want kameo so I think Janet pretty much always being available is so important. Idk maybe I just can't stomach using whole kameo for one move. Also I hate -50 health haha.
been dabbling with li/mavado and what he brings to the table that janet hasnt is obviously bk as anti-runaway (and sometimes +9 pressure) tool and dk after almost any knockdown to buy time for lantern setups; then the 2 bar flawless block conversion (fk) which is pretty insane to close out clutch matches but i never saw anyone use. i have no clue how li mei synergizes with "sento" janet but apparently barely anyone has explored that stance thoroughly.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
been dabbling with li/mavado and what he brings to the table that janet hasnt is obviously bk as anti-runaway (and sometimes +9 pressure) tool and dk after almost any knockdown to buy time for lantern setups; then the 2 bar flawless block conversion (fk) which is pretty insane to close out clutch matches but i never saw anyone use. i have no clue how li mei synergizes with "sento" janet but apparently barely anyone has explored that stance thoroughly.
Li mei + Janet stance is cool in the corner; but the issue is getting it out. You need full kameo bar to call Janet stance, and in most situations it’s better to just use a single kameo bar in a combo.

Mavado’s flawless block reversal is not worth it imo. If it cost 1 bar + 1 kameo, it might see more use, but it’s not worth it at the moment.

kabelfritz

Warrior
Li mei + Janet stance is cool in the corner; but the issue is getting it out. You need full kameo bar to call Janet stance, and in most situations it’s better to just use a single kameo bar in a combo.

Mavado’s flawless block reversal is not worth it imo. If it cost 1 bar + 1 kameo, it might see more use, but it’s not worth it at the moment.
dunno about mavados reversal, it might very easily become overbuffed. i mean, you can use this after ANY flawless block, not just in gaps that allow a reversal. and still it is just intended for fringe uses. i think 1 bar and a full kameo bar might be a more appropiate price than 2 bars and a half kameo. anyway, this is about li mei and i dont see that move bring any significant change to her gameplan compared to other kameos, i just mentioned it for the sake of completeness.

Hoon3y

Noob
Yea honestly it may be 50/50 between Janet and Mavado: Here's what Mavado Provides and let me know if it worth -50 health and i dont blame yea.

There's some hard to blockables and plus on block shinagains,
OFFENSE Options:
- F Throw is 110 but most importantly keeps you close range to inflict more pressure. B Throw you can call in D. Kameo for Mavado and go for iairDB4 or F4, and since they have to block Mavado they have to hold the mix off back throw.

-Not the best options for Dealing with Zoning, but his B. Kameo is still solid, closes Distance and give a free knockdown.

- B2,2 on hit and F4,4 mid screen into Latern> D. Kameo> Fire ball>instant Air Fireball is all guaranteed. They cannot move and cannot duck the fireball (with good timing of course).

- Any Ex Fireball trade is in your favor if it hits, just call in F. Kameo and you get some Damage from playing the fireball war.

Combos a bit weird to get use to but with good executions here are the damage numbers of common conversation (ATM i don't know the exact number but just some estimates)

- 1,2 EXFB> B2, EXFB> B2,4> F4 EXFB > 2,1 EXFB >- All at least 40% and cost one meter and 1 Kameo
-DB4EX - 30%
-IADB4 - 30%

DEFENSE Options:

"Mavados does not have an option to do an armored Launcher like Janet"

Something Pretty swanky is that while your OS Ducking you can call in neutral Kameo for Mavado. And since he drops the the electric trap it forces the opponent off you with out using meter although it cost a full stick absolutely worth it.

Punishing D1 and -7 moves, is the most easy with Mavodo you can mash it and get 277% bare minimum. I feel like this worth noting for defense.

Also get Armor into N. Kameo (Full Bar), but if your unsure it keeps you safe. They can't even D2 in between the recovery frames since the traps stays active long enough for you to get up and hit them. W/ the new patch tho this may be nerfed since D2 cancel are unbreakable.

Let me know what you think.

Also I will add you later tonight, I'm US EAST.

Generally, I think she can do well against any team with less than 1000 health. She can really win in only two touches against 950 and below so she's pretty much always alive in the game. Another mu factor for her is how important the moves she can reversal are to the other character's game. A couple characters she can reversal some important stuff without meter and that makes it seem like she does well. I'm thinking Havik D4 (I think she dumpsters him personally), Scorpion D3, or Peacemaker D3. If she can punish something really important, even if it takes meter, she probably does ok. She probably fucks up Kung Lao because he usually has 950 health and his safe armor isn's safe against her. I've always thought she does well against Khameleon teams too even before the nerfs because she has some stuff that allows her to handle every Khameleon form. BF1 is good enough to tag Jade glaive, lantern can stop Kitana jump shenanigans, and B3 has the right amount of startup to hit Mileena ball roll after invincibility on wakeup so she can blow this up for huge damage on a now -50 kameo.
If you show or explain the Mileena ball roll Tech that would be nice. Match is killing me I can never block correctly and im scared to throw fire balls LOL

Also I completely agree. it's on the Li Mei player to make sure these are getting punish consistently to take away those options> Once they get scared we put them in a box where they can only use a certain numbers of moves to approach and create pressure whether through staggers or checks.

I think her corner carry is relevant to stressful positions here. She can put you in the corner from pretty far away if you do two BF4's in a combo or side switch if her back is to the corner. Once the opp is in the corner she can make it party time. Lantern to stop jumping out, easier to maul, and any touch is 400+ meterless. I think the threat of losing a grip of health if she touches you is the stressful position. As for what to do after a combo, I think it just depends on the opp honestly. I'm not really a setup monster like that so I'm not setplaying people to death, if you got the setups send em my way. I suppose I do B3 a lot on knockdown if I know they're not gonna armor. It has a lot of active frames so you don't have to time it well and plus on block lets you do other stuff. It can catch jumpout attempts too. But it feels like she just has to play the opponent on knockdown and pick the correct option from her wheel.
I don't have much set play my self a lot it if watching tournaments and seeing how creative people are getting even it not Li Mei I think how can Li Mei benefit from it. Check out my Mavado this I mentioned and see if those type of set up suit your fancy. Currently working on how Li Mei can dominate from using Latern in neutral. im looking to see based on the opps position to the Lantern what are Li Mei best options. Have really flush them out but since the opp can't jump keeps them in a bubble.

Something Funny I thought about about is if the opponent is in the corner and you able to get a Janet Wall if you lantern shorly after you can throw as many fireballs as you want until Janet goes away. Maybe even sneack a instant Air Fireball to explode the lantern, Work from there. You get some meter and you either hit or Chip them..

Last edited:

Ardet

Noob

I would like to see you explore jento in corner and showcase it in your yt videos. Jento combos are so satisfying!

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
If you show or explain the Mileena ball roll Tech that would be nice. Match is killing me I can never block correctly and im scared to throw fire balls LOL
sure, the idea is they only have one wakeup timing if they want the invincibility, ball roll is 18f startup (but the armor doesn't last the entire time, not sure exactly how many frames it lasts) and b3 is 17f startup with 3f active so if you time a b3 as they're getting up, you actually have a pretty generous window to stuff roll after something like a sweep or air db4. if they delay wu you can usually block whatever they do next.

here's it working in a real match. in this specific situation i wasn't 100% sure they would do the roll so i didn't want to commit to b34 and just did b3 instead. i actually get really lucky and stuff the roll without hitting the main character so i still got a full punish. but generally if you only do b3, more often than not you'll hit both the roll and the main character so you won't get a combo unless you commit to the whole string or something after the b3.