What's new

Li Mei General Discussion

rifraf

Noob
I'm cautiously optimistic. Just waiting on patch notes to see frame data on the new move. The thought of it being something absurd like -20 on block scares me.

CanoCano

Noob
I'm cautiously optimistic. Just waiting on patch notes to see frame data on the new move. The thought of it being something absurd like -20 on block scares me.
I think it's gonna be unsafe and/or have a gap cause at that point why buff B21 when you're gonna add a safe gapless hitconfirmable launcher
It'd make more sense if they kept B21 as the low risk-reward opion while B24 is the high risk-reward option

rifraf

Noob
I think it's gonna be unsafe and/or have a gap cause at that point why buff B21 when you're gonna add a safe gapless hitconfirmable launcher
It'd make more sense if they kept B21 as the low risk-reward opion while B24 is the high risk-reward option
Indeed. I hope they add more moves to her tbh. I really want a new move after b3. And her f3 cancel game to be brought up a bit more. Not to be a total downer here, but I feel her kit could use some more fleshing out.

Last edited:

CanoCano

Noob
Indeed. I hope they add more moves to her tbh. I really want a new move after b3. And her f3 cancel game to be brought up a bit more. Not to be a total downer here, but I feel her kit could use some more fleshing out.
Not sure i agree with the B3 thing but otherwise yeah, hopefully the other changes she's getting are good too even if they're smaller than the B21/B24 things

CanoCano

Noob
You don't agree with giving her more moves? What? :confused:
I don't think B3 needs a new string specifically, not that she shouldn't get new moves, the only reason i could think to give B3 a new string would be to make it easier to hit confirm but at that point just add a second hit to it

CanoCano

Noob
Just adding moves willy nilly is how you end up with bloated characters, you need to have a good reason to add them

rifraf

Noob
Just adding moves willy nilly is how you end up with bloated characters, you need to have a good reason to add them
Is Ermac a bloated character? I don't think so. All Li Mei's strings except f4 and 43 are one offs. That hinders variety and gameplay creativity. It becomes boring, fast.

I guess you see this from a strictly power lvl perspective and that's not the case I'm making at all.

A new move after b3 is needed because all we do is either stop/backdash/whatever after it or go for the low. It just becomes boring after a while. If she had another mid after b3, we could punish the opponent trying to punish the low. It just makes sense.

CanoCano

Noob
Is Ermac a bloated character? I don't think so. All Li Mei's strings except f4 and 43 are one offs. That hinders variety and gameplay creativity. It becomes boring, fast.

I guess you see this from a strictly power lvl perspective and that's not the case I'm making at all.

A new move after b3 is needed because all we do is either stop/backdash/whatever after it or go for the low. It just becomes boring after a while. If she had another mid after b3, we could punish the opponent trying to punish the low. It just makes sense.
I can see where you're going now yeah, maybe instead of a Mid you could Feint Cancel out of B34 like you could BRC's F3 back in MKX that'd be more interesting imo

rifraf

Noob
I can see where you're going now yeah, maybe instead of a Mid you could Feint Cancel out of B34 like you could BRC's F3 back in MKX that'd be more interesting imo
Yeah, we need variety. We're jump distance, we b3, we're plus, we backdash or 12 or throw or b3 again. That's all we do.

Let's say she had b33 which was a mid that knockdowns and was -7 on block but also had some decent amount of pushblock. Yeah, you're sacrificing your plus frames but you may get a punish. You want to spice things up even more? Make it cancellable like you said.

Wigy

There it is...
I mean.. the b2 popup is great but just gone from having one unhitconfirmable unsafe to having two. Will see though, maybe its a safe high with a gap

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
What I would like from Li Mei is a better sweep tbh. I feel like out of everyone she could benefit the most from say, something like ermacs sweep.

Unrelated:
She has 3 unconfirmable strings that come from vital moves... sounds like a hole for Shujinko to plug. Which is cool because of them pairing together in Deception

Wigy

There it is...
What I would like from Li Mei is a better sweep tbh. I feel like out of everyone she could benefit the most from say, something like ermacs sweep.

Unrelated:
She has 3 unconfirmable strings that come from vital moves... sounds like a hole for Shujinko to plug. Which is cool because of them pairing together in Deception
right!? I’ve said this. We have characters with first hit overheads and obnoxious sweeps. Why is hers stubby and 0 on block

rifraf

Noob
Is it a mid or a high? Totally usable move though. I think it's a decent buff since it essentially replaces b2, EXbf1. Li Mei is allowed to use less meter now. I truly hope NRS doesn't stop there however.

Where are my patch notes NRS?? :mad::(

she's for sure feeling the love recently. new walk speed was super unexpected but feels amazing (basically turned her into Kim Wu from KI) and 124 whiffing issues should be fixed. not to mention mid lantern ignite is great and removing some gaps (that shouldn't have been there in the first place imo) has really helped. imo her biggest issue now is she has massive hurtboxes on some of her moves (air db4, d4, b3) that can make her life a little harder than it has to be but other than that i don't really know what else you can ask for for her without straight just making her good at everything.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Guys I love her so much.
The walk speed buff was just the icing on the cake.

Being able to meterlessly whiff punish is amazing. Not having to commit to the ex every time is such a godsend.

And they fixed her 124 whiffing issues. Honestly I’m so excited about her. She plays so smoothly; it makes me smile

rifraf

Noob
NRS gave us lots quality of life improvements for Li Mei, and the new move is very nice to have. I'm glad.

Ferra is also super fun, I love the tiny gremlin :D

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Li Mei with Goro in this new patch has some decent damage and a throw combo :)

Nice to see that she’s getting some good dmg with Goro mid screen. Pre patch that’s where the struggle was she could hit 40% in the corner but mid screen it was barely 30%