What's new

Match-up Discussion Lex Luthor Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It's not bad at all. I've played DarthArma more as well as REO and it's just about getting in on zoning... which is much easier here than in a matchup like Sinestro or Cyborg. That was just a really bad set lol.

Also, what do you guys think about the Doomsday matchup? I've been playing a little bit with i2 Gauge and it seems a little difficult for Lex. I'm leaning toward a possible 4-6. It's hard to get a lot of things going with the mb shoulder rush. CC into trait dash will still get eaten by it a lot, I've tried activating trait and backdashing the first hit but I guess it's impossible to backdash. He also has no easy way of dealing with Doomsday's armor.

Ah, well even if it was a bad set, after watching that, I started using probes more, and started winning a bit more against Batman players, so thanks for that :)

Dunno about Doomsday. What little of strategy and skill I have get's tossed out the window when I see that character has trait charged and at least 2 or 3 bars of meter. I just freak out.

His trait goes up and I poke/pray/panic

Also, for Martian Manhunter, does anyone know how to punish that overhead tele on block?
11 and b13 don't reach, 22 whiffs on the first swing, and his blockable on the second, b2 doesn't reach, f2 doesn't reach, 3 is blockable, and d3 is blockable...

I'm pretty sure I can Corp Charge punish, but dam, I would really like to get a little more.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Just about getting in on zoning??? Easier said than done.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Actually, I don't think you can even CC MMH's overhead teleport. That shit's safe on block for some reason. What you can do is hit him out of it as he starts the teleport, axe if you were already in the air (should hit him before he hits you since he appears on it), MB B3, or corpse charge (Have to CC because the travking on it is good enough to catch dashes) so the move whiffs then try to punish the whiff. TBH though, there's no real easy way to punish it.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Actually, I don't think you can even CC MMH's overhead teleport. That shit's safe on block for some reason. What you can do is hit him out of it as he starts the teleport, axe if you were already in the air (should hit him before he hits you since he appears on it), MB B3, or corpse charge (Have to CC because the travking on it is good enough to catch dashes) so the move whiffs then try to punish the whiff. TBH though, there's no real easy way to punish it.

You can also D2 him as he's coming down :) It's risky because I'm pretty sure if he comes up from underneath he'll blow you up, but if your opponent is doing nothing but overhead tele, D2 that shit on reaction

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
After extensively playing the Green Arrow matchup with Scoot and 7L i'm convinced it's 6-4 in lex's favor right now. GA's d1 whiffing on Lex's forward dash is pretty cool.

Thoughts? Cossner AK L0rdoftheFLY Scoot Magee 7L @idk who else plays him
lol its not cool bro.

Just some quick points, gotta run to work. In order to win this match you have to keep him from getting his armor because GA doesn't have a great way to stop it. In order to stop him from getting armor you have to keep arrows on the screen at pretty much all times. The problem with that is you can't get any big damage. Once you load an ice arrow he has a much easier time loading up his armor so it's hard to get anything going outside of a combo ender into ice. Also if he does manage to load armor from mid screen you cant really stop him. You can use one arrow to stop his armor but his corps charge brings him fast enough to punish the recovery of the arrow.

When he does get in with armor I had some success with d1 xx mb b3 but that burns 2 bars. It's useful though because you can just try to keep him out after and build more meter. He can bait it though, block the down 1, eat the mb b3 and punish.

It's pretty damn annoying, it seems like once lex gets armor at mid range the match goes in his favor.

Scoot Magee

Uhhh 6 4 my ass. Try 8 2 at the best. Ga has nothing for lex...
The match really is bad. I thought my best bet was to run away with fire arrows but he will eventually get in. You can keep him from getting things on the screen for a short amount of time but just getting hit by 1 MB rocket grants a knockdown and the match goes right in his favor. I feel you have no choice but to try to get in, load an ice arrow and land it with f2d1 mixups right away while looking out for the corpse charge. The problem with that is that when you respect wakeup corpse charge he'll just wake up and charge armor. Not to mention rev0lver fuzzy guards the f2d1 ice mixup (people need to start doing this, it's been long enough). The best way around that imo is to f2d1 overhead ice arrow and delayed low ice arrow.

Don't get me wrong, there were some situations where I was able to nullify his armor but it's not long before he can recharge it again. Most of the time it was because he made a mistake. I found the best way to avoid and nullify armor as safe as possible was to savage blast away and shoot arrows from outside of corpse charge range.

whedgehead

My Lex Takes You to Paradise
rev0lver what are you thinking on the MMH match-up right now? Obviously this question is open to everyone but I know you played REO so I was wondering what your opinion of it was.

Also what is everyone's thinking on past DLC characters? Have any of those match-ups gotten better/worse? It still might be to early to tell and coming across some of those characters is rare. Finally, what's everyone's early impressions on Zatanna? Personally I feel like on paper she could give Lex a lot of trouble because I feel like she'd be able to zone him out/keep him out/run away very easily which can be hell.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
After extensively playing the Green Arrow matchup with Scoot and 7L i'm convinced it's 6-4 in lex's favor right now. GA's d1 whiffing on Lex's forward dash is pretty cool.

Thoughts? Cossner AK L0rdoftheFLY Scoot Magee 7L @idk who else plays him

I haven't really played the match up against a dedicated Lex. We have/had a really good Lex player here in So Cal but IDK if he plays anymore.

With the stuff mentioned so far I wouldn't see this being bad for Arrow but IDK what kind of messed up stuff Lex has. If has really dirty set ups then I kan see it.

The forward dash thing also happens with Doomsday. I though it was universal properties of Lex and Doomsday..?

Scoot Magee

I haven't really played the match up against a dedicated Lex. We have/had a really good Lex player here in So Cal but IDK if he plays anymore.

With the stuff mentioned so far I wouldn't see this being bad for Arrow but IDK what kind of messed up stuff Lex has. If has really dirty set ups then I kan see it.

The forward dash thing also happens with Doomsday. I though it was universal properties of Lex and Doomsday..?
In short, the main problem with this match is lex has great tools to get in and charge armor. Once he does that green arrow doesn't really have any options to stop him. It's extremely risky to even use a raw d1 to nullify the armor and even canceling into a savage blast wont move you away fast enough.

rev0lver what are you thinking on the MMH match-up right now? Obviously this question is open to everyone but I know you played REO so I was wondering what your opinion of it was.

Also what is everyone's thinking on past DLC characters? Have any of those match-ups gotten better/worse? It still might be to early to tell and coming across some of those characters is rare. Finally, what's everyone's early impressions on Zatanna? Personally I feel like on paper she could give Lex a lot of trouble because I feel like she'd be able to zone him out/keep him out/run away very easily which can be hell.
There's videos of Revolver playing REO's MMH. check the Lex video thread. From the looks of it, it is pretty even.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I just picked up Lex so forgive me if I'm slightly ignorant on MU's

Green Arrow - From what I've seen, GA is terrible up close but if he zones, he prevents any of Lex's projectiles from coming out and wont allow him to activate trait. He can get a life lead, and run. That's just about his only option. If the GA character has good reads it can be hard for Lex to get in. At the highest level I seriously think it might be a 6/4 for Lex.

Doomsday - Just did a bunch of sets this morning on this character. I feel like I was going to work on him but I just kept losing. Once Doomsday armors up, you are getting hit, and put into a situation where you're guessing. I did pretty well just traiting up, running away, then tossing probes so I could come in armored up, with probe as my backup. If it wasnt for the NASTINESS of the hard to block, online Earth Shaker move, I think I would have won every time. Easily 5/5

MMH - If he's good at zoning and the placement of his attacks. You're fucked. He has so much time to Meter Burn his Pillars when you jump. The dude I played just waited for me to take my sweet fucking time in the air so he could MB it into full combo into setup. When you get in, he can just do a 11~combo because it's fast enough to beat your armor. I had success baiting him with a MBB3 into setups. Problem is that his wake up is toooooooo good. I dont have enough time to give a lot more info, but I'm really thinking this is a 4/6.

i dont think lex-black adam is nearly as bad as i thought it would be for lex. the air game is so much in lex's favor and bladam can't be braindead with his trait when you have your trait up. i'm actually pretty comfortable with this.

but fuck sinestro. fab or someone play WoundCowboy and tell me if you see anything i don't. i feel confident enough to beat anyone of any character but when sinestro is playing it right i can barely move, and usually by the time i get in he has his trait up. lex's only winning strategy is to get enough momentum since a lot of his setups work really well on him.

Yea I've fought a few Sinestro's recently and you have to be suicidal at the start of the match if you want to win. Sinestro's fireball hitting a crouching Lex is bullshit when it would whiff other characters at mid-close range. Sinestro will wake up attack every goddamn time but you can't just let him fucking backdash on wake up and throw fireballs all day either so you have to jump/dash into an obvious wake up attack because you lose if you don't.

I would usually get a CC, then trait>dash cancel but I believe Sinestro can meterburn his fireball on wake up before you can recover from the dash.

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I can't beat Superman for my life, even one of moderate skill, it just doesn't matter, the lack of being able to shield (breaks shield even if you block wtf) and I can't do anything for his zoning other than slowly waiting it out to get close and risk the up close fight, if I try any special moves you eat a 11% laser and up close F23man is a handful.
How do I effectively fight him: during his zoning game. And during up close what strategies should I use

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I can't beat Superman for my life, even one of moderate skill, it just doesn't matter, the lack of being able to shield (breaks shield even if you block wtf) and I can't do anything for his zoning other than slowly waiting it out to get close and risk the up close fight, if I try any special moves you eat a 11% laser and up close F23man is a handful.
How do I effectively fight him: during his zoning game. And during up close what strategies should I use
IMO the Superman MU isn't that horrible outside the trait issue. Know that you can start out with an instant jb3 if they start with f23. After a f23~breath you can sometimes go for a 11 which is usually in range of him, and confirm into the 2 if it hits or stop if it misses (the recovery is pretty fast). Knocking him out of the air with Corp Charge a lot is good to use to prevent them from controlling the air. Otherwise, you can pretty much play your normal game vs him. Be mindful too that trait isn't completely useless vs him. If you can get a knockdown and trait up he can't just instantly trait and break yours, so you can go in on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.