What's new

Match-up Discussion Lex Luthor Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So some thoughts and questions on how the patch will effect other matchups:

The Deathstroke buff scares the hell out of me. His 60-frame trait activation feels like it gives him a free shot at Lex when at full screen- not just after a knockdown, but pretty much anything that puts him at any slight advantage.

Here's the scenario;

Full screen distance away- no advantage on either side, DS player activates trait. Trait is up within 60 frames. DS has 3 seconds to use an unblockable shot, he can jump over or block the lance blast that eventually gets to him (the projectile itself moves slow) and fire off a quick shot after, dash in front of the orbital laser and fire quick shots, or do a quick-shot on Lex while he's trying to throw a probe out.

Anyone have any ideas about that scenario? Thoughts on the DS buff and how it will affect Lex?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So uhhhh yeah my MU chart is outdated. I'm gonna give a last one pre-patch just because tho. I put 6-4/7-3 on a lot because they feel like an advantage but I don't know how much of one it is.

Aquaman - 4-6
Ares - 5-5
Bane - 6-4/7-3
Batgirl - 5-5
Batman - 4-6
Black Adam - 5-5
Catwoman - 6-4/7-3
Cyborg - 3-7/4-6
Deathstroke - 4-6
Doomsday - 4-6
Flash - 4-6
Green Arrow - 6-4
Green Lantern - 5-5
Harley - 5-5
Hawkgirl - 6-4
Joker - 5-5
Killer Frost - 5-5
Lobo - 6-4/7-3
Martian Manhunter - 5-5
Nightwing - 5-5
Raven - 4-6/3-7
Scorpion - 6-4
Shazam - 4-6
Sinestro - 3-7
Solomon Grundy - 7-3
Superman - 4-6
Wonder Woman - 6-4
Zatanna - 5-5? (need better exp, my best guess though excluding infinite)
Zod - 4-6

Advantage - 8
Even - 10
Disadvantage - 11

It might look bad listing 11 bad matchups but I think everything's still winnable in this version of the game (unless Zatanna has the inf down really well)

Doomsday - 4-6
Wait.... really?

Can you explain this particular disadvantaged matchup?

Feels like he scores kinda low on the "Characters that destroy Lex" test:

[ ] Is a zoner or has zoning capabilities
[X] Good multi-hit attack
[ ] Has good wakeup options
[ ] Is Superman

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Wait.... really?

Can you explain this particular disadvantaged matchup?

Feels like he scores kinda low on the "Characters that destroy Lex" test:

[ ] Is a zoner or has zoning capabilities
[X] Good multi-hit attack
[ ] Has good wakeup options
[ ] Is Superman
Mb venom stuffs a lot of lex's options. He doesn't have to care about setups if he has meter unless you have trait up. Plus lex doesn't have an easy way of getting rid of dds trait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Mb venom stuffs a lot of lex's options. He doesn't have to care about setups if he has meter unless you have trait up. Plus lex doesn't have an easy way of getting rid of dds trait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I had a thought about this but I'm at work and cant test. What happens if DD activates trait and Lex immediately charges lance and release when DD is in range. Does it slow him down at all? Are there varying degrees of stun depending on the level of charge?

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I had a thought about this but I'm at work and cant test. What happens if DD activates trait and Lex immediately charges lance and release when DD is in range. Does it slow him down at all? Are there varying degrees of stun depending on the level of charge?
DD would take 13% damage & instantly counter-attack as the staff charge would not knock him back like it normally would with other characters since he has trait activated.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
DD would take 13% damage & instantly counter-attack as the staff charge would not knock him back like it normally would with other characters since he has trait activated.

Darn.

13% is the new full charge? Doesnt seem like it does, "significantly more damage"

Galactic Geek

Darn.

13% is the new full charge? Doesnt seem like it does, "significantly more damage"
No, but the regular staff shot is 7% when compared to pre-patch, which was only 3%; that's really good for trades & checking your opponent. The middle charge is the new 10%.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The Bane matchup...

rev0lver is calling thie a 6-4 or maybe even 7-3, but I dont understand why. I played an excellent Bane last night and the key to his victory was control of oki. I could not get up. I played defensively, took away his charge by punishing it, did hefty damage when he was on debuff...but 3 outta 4 times it wasnt enough. I just could not get up. I ended up winning only 3 out of 10 matches against him (10-0'd him with my Aquaman though and it felt awesome). Need advice please!

FYI - I'm at an intermediate skill level with Lex, I'm just now starting to really win with him so that might have something to do with it. :-D

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The Bane matchup...

rev0lver is calling thie a 6-4 or maybe even 7-3, but I dont understand why. I played an excellent Bane last night and the key to his victory was control of oki. I could not get up. I played defensively, took away his charge by punishing it, did hefty damage when he was on debuff...but 3 outta 4 times it wasnt enough. I just could not get up. I ended up winning only 3 out of 10 matches against him (10-0'd him with my Aquaman though and it felt awesome). Need advice please!

FYI - I'm at an intermediate skill level with Lex, I'm just now starting to really win with him so that might have something to do with it. :-D
I'm assuming you're talking about his armored overhead thing? Bane only becomes a problem when he has the venom to do that. Like, I'd say Bane with lvl 3 venom is 6-4 Bane. When that happens, as long as you block or whatever on your wakeup you can run away until it's gone. The buffs might've helped Bane a little but I still think Lex wins

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I'm assuming you're talking about his armored overhead thing? Bane only becomes a problem when he has the venom to do that. Like, I'd say Bane with lvl 3 venom is 6-4 Bane. When that happens, as long as you block or whatever on your wakeup you can run away until it's gone. The buffs might've helped Bane a little but I still think Lex wins
No I understand what hes talking about when Bane gets you knocked down in a corner, the lvl of venom doesnt matter, any wake up other than corp charge will be punished, corp charge will be blocked and punished and if wake up block for a bit to long you get command grabbed, plus the bane is always trying to make a read on you in the corner to blow you up, It's a very difficult spot for Lex to be in

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
No I understand what hes talking about when Bane gets you knocked down in a corner, the lvl of venom doesnt matter, any wake up other than corp charge will be punished, corp charge will be blocked and punished and if wake up block for a bit to long you get command grabbed, plus the bane is always trying to make a read on you in the corner to blow you up, It's a very difficult spot for Lex to be in

YES! You get it. A good Bane almost always seems to have venom. They know how to manage it in a way that makes it seem like they never run out. And when they do, they're pretty good about waiting out the debuff.

If you get knocked down, it's tough to get up in open space, and nearly impossible to do so in the corner. You basically have to guess overhead, low, or command grab. 2 of them come with 1 hit of armor when he has venom. Also, tech rolling as Lex is crap against Bane's fucking awesome dash. That really limits Lex's wake up options.

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I have no clue. The only decent Lobo I've played was Blind Ducky's and it was prepatch. EGP Wonder_Chef have you played Cage's at all with Lex?
Have played against Lobo post-patch, no one reconizable, but was skilled, I'd say 6-4 Lex the overhead/wake up viable buff to space hook didn't do much, the pump shots with nuclear shells is a threat though, makes setting up difficult. Still say that Lex controls the match more so though
SaJa

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I dunno, I Feel Lobo dash are great against Lex' zoning and his df1 MB + trait looks to be very good against Lex's armor.

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I dunno, I Feel Lobo dash are great against Lex' zoning and his df1 MB + trait looks to be very good against Lex's armor.
yea his pump shot (df1) is a problem for the shield as he is usually in an open position due to his good dashing, which makes shielding up a bit hard, but gathering momentum with Lex is actually pretty easy against him, now obviously a 6-4 can still go either way, it's just that when Lex picks up steam Lobo can't stop him

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
So how do you guys deal with good cyborgs? The only thing I've tried is crying and setting the controller down because ofb that im 0-10 against cyborg lol

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
So how do you guys deal with good cyborgs? The only thing I've tried is crying and setting the controller down because ofb that im 0-10 against cyborg lol
a solid strat, if I see him mess up and I'm able to stand up past a fireball I try to use MB.OS if it hits i'm +infinity so I try to trait up and get in it's hard as dicks fighting a Cyborg

Batgirl feels like such an awful matchup....

Her Bola's are +3 on block. Full-screen that's more like +20 because she's had so much time to recover by the time they hit you. Build so much meter by zoning you out, and once you get in you have to deal with Batgirl's Meterless Vortex of Doom.

Bat-wheel has a 12 frame startup. Basically it will tear through a shielded Lex trying to get a 50/50 with either b13 or f2, since it is multihit AND has a faster start-up than Lex's 50/50....

She hardly has to respect mines at all. Only probes seem to do much at all and it's really hard to put a probe out without being punished outside of a knockdown....

I am completely lost on what do do against her...
Anyone got any advice on this matchup?

Galactic Geek

Batgirl feels like such an awful matchup....

Her Bola's are +3 on block. Full-screen that's more like +20 because she's had so much time to recover by the time they hit you. Build so much meter by zoning you out, and once you get in you have to deal with Batgirl's Meterless Vortex of Doom.

Bat-wheel has a 12 frame startup. Basically it will tear through a shielded Lex trying to get a 50/50 with either b13 or f2, since it is multihit AND has a faster start-up than Lex's 50/50....

She hardly has to respect mines at all. Only probes seem to do much at all and it's really hard to put a probe out without being punished outside of a knockdown....

I am completely lost on what do do against her...
Anyone got any advice on this matchup?
I find Batgirl a fun challenge to fight against as Lex - I play defensively against her. Blocking & countering with a combo punish is your friend here. Also, the mine is actually useful if you know she'll hit with her teleport grab. If she hits you, she'll jump off & hit the mine giving you a chance to punish, so it's not useless (although it might be better to block & punish instead or use his Corp Charge or dash to get out of the way). I suggest using his trait only against her projectiles in order to get in close. For example, if you have trait & are at full-screen, jump in, use Corp Charge (air) & absorb the next projectile with the shield, dash in again & punish. If you think she's going to use her little aerial acrobatic maneuvers, you can punish with Corp Charge, Up Lance Blast, or u3; also never forget how useful Lex's ji3 is - you can use that too (but watch for her teleport grab in this case). I often find my match-ups against her are 5-5. You just have to wait & bait, then show her who's truly aggressive. Let her make her play, then make her pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.