What's new

Level Up: Punishing Character Gaps using Flawless Block

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
My problem with flawless block is it will further increase the skill gap between mere mortals and high level pros.

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
I’d love to see something similiar to Daigo parry.
Imagine someone parries Liu Kangs bycicle like that and then punishes it. Every living creature would be hyped
holy shit man... have some self respect;
that's street fighter 3 3rd strike and it's the most balance complete and mechanically sound fighting game ever made.
spits
anyways, we have flawless block built on reactions similar to a parry. It needs to be labbed and setups probably exist.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
holy shit man... have some self respect;
that's street fighter 3 3rd strike and it's the most balance complete and mechanically sound fighting game ever made.
spits
anyways, we have flawless block built on reactions similar to a parry. It needs to be labbed and setups probably exist.
Oh come on, can’t I dream?
Hate SF though

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Let's see how much of this will be valid when the full game comes out. Good work here. I'm ready to break down Kano and Sonya on launch day.

REYTHEGREAT

my understanding is, to flawless block you have to release block for a split second and block again as you are being attacked. correct?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
What skill gap? Can't you just flawless block just by mashing block? Lol. This mechanic needs some adjustments to make it skillful.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I think u3 is the one you speak of.

Regarding if you flawless block a normal or special- is there chip? And if there is - is it the same?
No there's no chip. Just faster recovery. U3 has invincibility on grounded attacks, not armor. You don't get damaged if hit. U2 launches, but is only invincible to air attacks, also no armor.