What's new

Lets talk future of injustice

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
This thread is about inj 3 and what I want in inj 3 is for zoning to not be so ingrained in the meta. Don't put so many projectiles in the game.
That's cool. I'm fine with it being toned down, or maybe adjusting things like meter build, chip, stage size, stuff like that. But I hope they keep the dedicated zoner archetype, and at least make it viable like Cyborg was.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
That's cool. I'm fine with it being toned down, or maybe adjusting things like meter build, chip, stage size, stuff like that. But I hope they keep the dedicated zoner archetype, and at least make it viable like Cyborg was.
I'd like to see fewer but better zoners. Like Cyborg and Fate would be the only real zoners.

You don't want a game about super heroes (who do nothing but shoot and throw things at each other) to have many projectiles?
I feel like the "Injustice 2 is pure zoning" meme is vastly overstated. The gameplay was more space-control focused especially in comparison to the previous MKX, but how many truly dedicated zoners were there? How many characters just had projectile attacks vs. how many projectiles there are in MK11? Are people's perceptions just being extremely influenced by the periods where certain characters were especially dominant in the metagame: Deadshot, Firestorm, etc.?

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
What do you guys think about Injustice 2 with MK11-style meter that passively regenerates? This way characters who focus on zoning will not be able to build meter any quicker

trufenix

bye felicia
What do you guys think about Injustice 2 with MK11-style meter that passively regenerates? This way characters who focus on zoning will not be able to build meter any quicker
I honestly don't ever want to have to go back to the old way. Neither series.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I've really enjoyed the MK11 style meter. I think it's helped make things simpler, and helped with some small balance issues that could arise in past NRS titles where certain characters could just build meter faster than others. The downside though has been that in general it feels like there's less things to actually use meter for. At least that's how I've felt.

The thing I liked how about Injustice 2 was that it had a lot of uses for meter, such as rolls, air escapes, armored moves, clash, push block, and then also for special moves. I liked how some characters like Cyborg were essentially built to have sub-standard normal tools, and so had to rely on building meter to be able to fuel the rest of their game.

I'd rather they just limit the amount of meter that can be built from projectiles. That way zoners have slightly more work to do when trying to build meter, but the resource management/meter build part of the game could still be a thing.

Reactions: Ram

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Injustice is my favorite fighting game franchise. For the 3rd installment I’d personally like to play closer to I1. 2 was okay, but something was off about it.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I really hope they re-vamp the gear system. I hope they plan on just allowing customization at a competitive level from the very beginning. Ditch the stat upgrades, but allow each character to have a couple different gear or special move selections that can be made at the character select screen, and design on it being viable for competitive play from the start. They're teased customization in both Inj2 and MK11 but they really haven't delivered on it yet in a way that the competitive community seems to enjoy.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm still waiting for cyborg buffs. But I still can't believe they let this game die.
Feels like NRS kind of dropped the bag after that first season, it's too bad they didn't do just a little more. Although I feel like the community also gave up on the game just a little too quick. I think Injustice 2 is a deeper game than people give it credit for, and I think there was a lot of potential left untapped. It's funny how a lot of the things people complain about in MK11, at least regarding combos, are clearly present in Injustice 2.

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Feels like NRS kind of dropped the bag after that first season, it's too bad they didn't do just a little more. Although I feel like the community also gave up on the game just a little too quick. I think Injustice 2 is a deeper game than people give it credit for, and I think there was a lot of potential left untapped. It's funny how a lot of the things people complain about in MK11, at least regarding combos, are clearly present in Injustice 2.
Bro I'm still figuring out danksied set ups. It's very deep. It was one patch away from being the best even though it's the best game they made ironically.