What's new

Lets talk about the actual top 5 chars in this game

Abbneto

God's only man, spared by the Butcher.
Sinestro is probably top 10, but top 5? I don't believe this to be the case. He has 'significant' issues fighting with Aquaman, Killer Frost, and Scorpion. How can a character be top 5 when he has MAJOR issues defeating those 3 characters?

True top 5 characters don't get counter-picked that hard. (IMHO)
I feel the same for Zod, how is he top 5 with bad MU's like Sinestro

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Batgirl players are mentioning she loses to NW. I have no idea how to approach that MU other than "don't get hit" so yeah I wanna know why this MU is a talking point.

Also Theo and Tom about Aquaman are like how it was about Sub-Zero back with MK with Denzell and Tom I like it

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Batgirl players are mentioning she loses to NW. I have no idea how to approach that MU other than "don't get hit" so yeah I wanna know why this MU is a talking point.

Also Theo and Tom about Aquaman are like how it was about Sub-Zero back with MK with Denzell and Tom I like it
I play Chongo every now and then with Batgirl and it doesn't feel like a bad MU to me...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This is all true

but when Grundy has chip trait on..... then level 3 is just me having to play defense while it runs out.

I don't think its that bad. I just have bad execution in terms of WCC.
I don't even care about the ungrabbable frames, because i'm not playing to that. Especially when Banes moves that aren't level 3'd all have huge recovery.
I do think Bane has more options... but not 7-3 options.

I also think superman and batman aren't nearly as bad as people think.

but again... i don't really care to toss out mu numbers.....

because we don't really have a horde of Grundy's running around. Only Tyrant should even be talked about. The WC guys know better than anyone what he can do.
He feels like the Jax of this game (funny), where he has all these "OMG HE CAN"T WIN THSI MU" mu's... and yet there he is.... tanking his way through it.

Metzos: I was just being funny. I dont' think Grundy is anywhere near top. I do think he's extremely underrated and outside of Tyrant, we haven't really seen anyone have the right connection with him. I just can't say he is, when you can teach a monkey to do only 3 things with cyborg... and he'll beat most Grundy's free.
good luck landing that grab in the first place.

like I said, Bane's speed and oki far surpass Grundy's and he doesn't have a huge damage advantage over him. Huge recovery only matters as far as whiffing moves go, but Grundy doesn't really have the movement to force a whiffed move (crappy back dash) and Bane has a lot of forward movement anyway.

this MU just feels too easy right now. Sure it's easy for Grundy to take a life lead (very situationally) but he does less damage while on Venom, and it's honestly not hard to take the life lead back

Bane's advantage for sure at least

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
good luck landing that grab in the first place.

like I said, Bane's speed and oki far surpass Grundy's and he doesn't have a huge damage advantage over him. Huge recovery only matters as far as whiffing moves go, but Grundy doesn't really have the movement to force a whiffed move (crappy back dash) and Bane has a lot of forward movement anyway.

this MU just feels too easy right now. Sure it's easy for Grundy to take a life lead (very situationally) but he does less damage while on Venom, and it's honestly not hard to take the life lead back

Bane's advantage for sure at least
You have to count whiffing when you "hit" WCC, because it is the same concept.
Having all those active frames means you also have a ton of "whiff" frames after they land on the armor.

RIF

Noob
I feel the same for Zod, how is he top 5 with bad MU's like Sinestro
I am not sure if the Zod-Sinestro match-up is as imbalanced as the KF/AM/Scorp- Sinestro match-up, but I understand what you're saying.

Have the Zod players confirmed that the match-up is WORSE than 4-6? Does he have more than ONE bad mu? Zod still feels very new. People are just starting to tap into him. There may be things uncovered in the future that improve his odds in the Sinestro match-up.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You have to count whiffing when you "hit" WCC, because it is the same concept.
Having all those active frames means you also have a ton of "whiff" frames after they land on the armor.
If you cancel I'm safe, if you don't I win some trades and lose others

(Raging Charge wins just like command grab, f.2.d.3 probably loses) but I can usually cancel on reaction anyway and if I cancel on Venom I armor through you anyway. :p

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If you cancel I'm safe, if you don't I win some trades and lose others

(Raging Charge wins just like command grab, f.2.d.3 probably loses) but I can usually cancel on reaction anyway and if I cancel on Venom I armor through you anyway. :p

I don't ever want to actually follow through with the throw part. Anytime that comes out..... its an error.

Half of your "advantage" comes from you assuming that WC is actually the move i'm wanting to land.... when its quite the opposite.

Bane's real strength.... as it is against everyone, is when he knocks you down.

I don't care about the ungrabbale frames, because i'm not going to sit there and try to grab you.

I agree that Bane wins this MU..... but no one is playing this MU right at all. Hell, even I can't do it right.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't ever want to actually follow through with the throw part. Anytime that comes out..... its an error.

Half of your "advantage" comes from you assuming that WC is actually the move i'm wanting to land.... when its quite the opposite.

Bane's real strength.... as it is against everyone, is when he knocks you down.

I don't care about the ungrabbale frames, because i'm not going to sit there and try to grab you.

I agree that Bane wins this MU..... but no one is playing this MU right at all. Hell, even I can't do it right.
If I take away your grab and WCC (because I can punish you whether you cancel and I'm almost always safe if you do, you get blown up if you don't) then simple risk reward is in my favor. That's what I'm saying

Yes, that's Bane's biggest advantage, but he wins in the neutral game and stops momentum faster, as well as he can actually get off the ground (Grundy can't).

Bane is a better Grundy

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If I take away your grab and WCC (because I can punish you whether you cancel and I'm almost always safe if you do, you get blown up if you don't) then simple risk reward is in my favor. That's what I'm saying

Yes, that's Bane's biggest advantage, but he wins in the neutral game and stops momentum faster, as well as he can actually get off the ground (Grundy can't).

Bane is a better Grundy
How are you safe off of a WCC?
I think I know the answer to this.... and its wrong.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
unless you can stuff RC or BP you're not going to punish me for it unless I hit you very late

you should know this, I did it to you before :S
bah

online, missed inputs, blah blah blah. Fighting you let me put that stuff into the lab. Stuff I'd never experienced before mind you!!!

and yes, I can cancel back into WC to punish BP easily when I can react to it and not have to guess whether or not my inputs are going to come out.

Level 3 shuts all of this down, but that also means you have to get to that point, and then face the consequences as well. Not alot of characters can force him into level 3.

Honestly, these matches are typically won during the first moments of the fight.

anyway, we've come full circle.

Lets both agree that KF is overrated.

Reactions: RYX

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I feel like Grundy is going to be similar to how Jax was in mk9. I think Tyrant's going to blow people up at NEC or wherever and everyone's going to complain about this broken #3/4 super character for about a month and calm down.

Killer Frost is only fraudulence. 7L beating xKhaoTik proves it.

Youre just mad your 6f special move is unsafe on block and doesn't launch on hit while my ~15f move is safe and launches for BS!

Also, I beat KDZ's pre patched supes. Superman was fraudulence then?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
The fact that Grundy is even being mentioned in this thread shows the LACK of knowledge of this community as a whole about this game.

Grundy's worst MU:
Cyborg 0-10 or 1-9 (new grapple and health regen make this even worse now than pre patch)
Batman 2-8 (wins only happen on knockdown but a pure zoning bat can make it so Grundy never catches him. he cant jump over any zoning either with his floaty jump which means he takes all the damage batman throws as he comes in with armor. BTW his WC is only 3 hits of armor lets count together...baterang = 2 hits; one trait bat = 1 hit; standing 1 = 1 hit; Total = 4. This means he gets comboed and he loses. Pray Batman does a predictable jump in attempt)
Green Lantern 3-7 (I used to think it wasn't that bad till I played PURE zoning GL. You can't catch him and machine gun is a nightmare)
WW 3-7 (How can you punish iadg? like batman your only luck is to knock her down.)
Hawk Girl 2-8 (invincible wakeups and even on hit she is airborn meaning you have to use meter to get a reset = no meter when clash happens. Her strings up close are airborn giving her throw immune frames...if she ever comes down from the air!)
Black Adam 3-7 (Good luck catching him too. I don't even want to talk about it.)
Superman 2-8 (Zoning is still very solid and his trait was designed to pick apart grundy and DD. Not even close to winable)
Zod 3-7 (Feels like Green Lantern where it I get in and get chip I can win but catching him is the problem because all his specials were designed to take long as fuck so as to give him his trait back...you cant catch him)

My top 5:
1) Batman
2) MMH
3) Zod
4) Black Adam
5) KF

FYI...Grundy bodies the shit out of Aquaman. All you who struggle with AM, pick up Grundy.

I think grundy loses to Aquaman. Also Batman and Black Adam aren't that bad anymore after their nerfs. Black Adam can barely run away anymore and Batman gets 1 trait bat every ten seconds, how is he supposed to zone with that. I agree with everything else

Metzos

Your numbers aren't off. You chose to give him the extra win, and I did not. Whom ever is right, is of little consequence. In the end, knowing that he has at least four 3-7 matchups and Even more losing matchups that takes him out of being top five material.

Nobody else has given me any sound logic other than you.

Allow me to dispel some rumors that were listed in this thread:
1. Swap hands is not the best anti-zoning tool in the game
2. Is dashing hit box is huge, this makes his forward dash less effective
3. Not every touch is at least 50%
4. It takes more than two touches to kill somebody
5. He is not Cyrax
6. His trait is only effective when activated.
7. Walking corpse does not give me trait. Landing my trait grab with a life deficit can sometimes be the worst thing for me to do
8. Solomon Grundy is broke as fuck

who is 3-7 other than superman

Superman
Cyborg - duh
Batman
Black Adam
HG and GL are both contenders
Honestly, bane and shazam are both tough MU. 3-7, 4-6, 5-5...no idea but I wouldn't be surprised if they were 3-7.

Idk I think anything that challenges your basic flowchart you lose your mind. Batman is not bad it is actually really annoying for Batman now that b23 is nerfed. Black Adam same thing its not hard to get in on him now.

GL I can see, HG is a bitch. Bane unless hes lvl 3 yoloing you its not a problem. Shazam is annoying.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Idk I think anything that challenges your basic flowchart you lose your mind. Batman is not bad it is actually really annoying for Batman now that b23 is nerfed. Black Adam same thing its not hard to get in on him now.

GL I can see, HG is a bitch. Bane unless hes lvl 3 yoloing you its not a problem. Shazam is annoying.
The way I see it, Grundy doesn't have a flowchart. Every matchup he plays against a zoner (which is half the cast ) goes against his flowchart. Carl, can you tell me one Grundy that you haven't blown up with Batman?

The way I see it, Grundy doesn't have a flowchart. Every matchup he plays against a zoner (which is half the cast ) goes against his flowchart. Carl, can you tell me one Grundy that you haven't blown up with Batman?

Dab, also pre patch Batman > Grundy. In this version no. You can corpse walk his b23 and grab him before he gets away. Knock down batman then the match is over yay.