What's new

Let's Talk About Skarlet Design

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
She had also used her abilities in the comics more developed as well, and proved she has regeneration as she had her legs cut off by Mileena.

Not sure NRS were making political statements, they just had no issues with making the girls look sexy but now with all the PC bitching going on, they went from one extreme to another. But I'm happy for the options NRS gave us so she can look sexy or covered like a couch. I like having options.

Lokheit

Noob
Wow, this looks incredible. Maybe it's just me loving Diesel Punk aesthetics, but it really fits her personality.

I hope this eventually releases worldwide. I wouldn't mind the old Kold Wars skins returning either, Sonya and Kano looked great.

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
I am pretty sure all skins were eventually released for every character in MKX other then the Gold Scorpion skin. That skin was tied to the Coarse Collector's Edition even to this day.

A phenomenal redesign. She went from being the least visually interesting character ("oh look more tits and ass, barely in red this time") to the most to me. If her not being 90% naked is a "political statement" instead of "making the character more interesting", then I suppose Baraka being jacked now is a commentary on environmental degradation?

If you need a lore explanation, her powers have now developed to the point where she can absorb blood psyionically with the use of her skin.
Mortal Kombat has always had fighters showing skin (both men AND women). The girls being scanty in MK9 wasn't some anti-pc statement, it was a throwback to classic MK games which makes sense cause it was retelling the original 3 back when the girls wore swimsuits and leotards and the cyborg ninjas were motorcross gear. And some of Skarlet's alts in 11 are showing a bit of boobage.

Heck Johnny, Liu, Nightwolf and Jax even got in on not wearing a shirt and they're Earthrealmers so they can't use Outworld culture as an excuse like Shao Kahn. :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mortal Kombat has always had fighters showing skin (both men AND women). The girls being scanty in MK9 wasn't some anti-pc statement, it was a throwback to classic MK games which makes sense cause it was retelling the original 3 back when the girls wore swimsuits and leotards and the cyborg ninjas were motorcross gear. And some of Skarlet's alts in 11 are showing a bit of boobage.

Heck Johnny, Liu, Nightwolf and Jax even got in on not wearing a shirt and they're Earthrealmers so they can't use Outworld culture as an excuse like Shao Kahn. :p
Exactly.

Wow, this looks incredible. Maybe it's just me loving Diesel Punk aesthetics, but it really fits her personality.

I hope this eventually releases worldwide. I wouldn't mind the old Kold Wars skins returning either, Sonya and Kano looked great.
Hopefully they eventually release it for everyone, Russia will no doubt get it first but I'm sure at some point we'll be able to buy it down the line given their history with how they work that stuff.

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?

Actually looking back...

Some thighs and midriff were about all they showed up until UMK3 with a bit of cleavage. It wasn’t until they went to fully 3D graphics that the biggest displays of T n A were shown. I think if anything they’ve gone back to a more classic look, only far more detailed.

Having said that, still hoping they’ll have a bigger variety of outfits to select from.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
It still amazes me how NetherRealm took Skarlet's look from MK9 and totally revamped her design into something 100x better. From an MK II error, to MK 9 fan service, and finally to the MK 11 Blood Mage we have now, Boon and co have really outdone themselves this time around.

Can't wait to play Skarlet, no matter her outfit :D

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
Daily reminder that Skarlets new design is amazing and everyone who doesnt like it has shit taste.
More like a daily reminder that you have shit taste and you know you have shit taste. Which is why you have belittle other's opinions to make yourself more comfortable knowing you have shit taste.

Raider

Noob
I don't understand one thing tho.
Skarlet fans and players that used to main her and request her all the time, ppl that are basically the laudest shitting on her old design the most, that... doesn't make any sense.

You used to worship and main that "red stripper" stop embarrassing yourself.

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
Sorry you wont get your red stripper.
Thanks but I actually do not care about Skarlet or her design. I will probably only play her to unlock her arcade ending. I tried her out at the London reveal event and her long range poke style is not my style. What I can remember is that Skarlet has more risque outfits that can be chosen including her Cold War which is totally fine for people who like that. Save your snark and grow up.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Man as much as I love the new design, I really do miss the long red hair...
As trivial as it may seem, visuals are important in bonding with a character and that just doesn't do it for me. Anyone have any word on if hair is customizable (like making it longer or color), or if there is a hood option without the googles? Skarlet is very high on my day 1 list, but I just can't do it with the Catwoman-esque short hair or the pilot look.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
Okay, im gonna say it... I love her.

I didn't give two shits about Skarlet before up until now. It's so crazy to me that people think her face isn't good or looks like Catwoman (they look nothing alike and the only similarities they have is the short hair). She (and every other character in this game) looks like a real life person and that's what I loooooove about this.

The smirk during her fatal blow with the red lip? I am obsessed. I'm glad the red hair is gone it was kinda ugly to me.

Her voice? It's so quiet, yet threatening... I don't have anything bad to say about her costume either. She just looks so fucking COOL now.

One thing I never liked about MK games up until MKX was the lack of individuality with its characters, pallet swaps and the BDSM nipple n clit armor for literally every female character really turned me off from MK9 and I'm so happy she isn't just red Mileena v2. GOD I'm just so head over heels right now...