What's new

Let's Talk About Skarlet Design

trufenix

bye felicia
In case you're not entirely turned off by the lack of bikini clad voice-less sociopath, here's some pretty low level play between a casual Skarlet and CPU Raiden, but its got some moves and costume stuff I haven't seen and both brutalities.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Opinions...

-I am definitely not whining about everything.

-She is her own character? Ok, but i don't like that character.

-Her default and other styles that they showed are all bad imo. and that's the problem for me.

Anything else?
You are clueless.
Also, we get it, you don't like her, but crying for 24h over this is just a waste of time.

Skarlet redesign is amazing, even if she is not her Mk9 esque, NRS did a good job.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It says so right there in the original picture I posted. I probably should have translated it in my original post, oops.
Basically the top line to the right says: "Only in Russia."
Ah, I can't read Russian.
I'm sure it will available for everyone else at some point though.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Looks like a young Liza Minnelli to me, which I don’t have an issue with. Not a fan of the middle-aged white woman who really wants to speak to your manager hair, but I’m sure character customisation will provide alternative hairstyles.

I never cared for Skarlet in MK9 because she was incredibly dull and uninspired in terms of her design.

I like her. She's cute, but smarmy -- an archetypal combination I find endearing. Smacks quite bit of Killer Instinct's "Mira" (... a character I'm certain they took some design inspiration from).

Definitely a better look than her being just another 'she-ninja generica'... And even 'definitelier' better than Sonya! *dry retches*

Last edited:

Raider

Noob
There wasn't much of a design before, to be honest. I really don't get this thread, I don't see how Skarlet wearing clothes is more "political" than Scorpion wearing clothes. I personally really like her new look!
This thread never was just about clothes, it's actually not my issue. It's about complete character appearance and the fact that using blood in her combat is the only thing that stayed the same.

Starting to wonder if some of you guys have ever seen a stripper, their outfits aren't that fancy. Yes a loin cloth would get in the way.

This costume, with or without the mask is badass. I do think the primary we saw was a bit jarring, they're just trying to flavor her in a different way. The whole blood mage thing is really cool.

My head canon was that she absorbed peoples blood through her skin, which she uses for her blood magic to make people bleed more in a never ending cycle. It explained her showing so much skin in the last games. Nonetheless, give it time. It'll grow on you.
Wasn't even head canon, it was pretty much confirmed she absorbed blood through her skin.

I guess we could argue her "clothes" in MK11 are like the ones in MK9, in that they aren't clothes, they're a part of her body and made out of blood like herself.

I like, I like.

Last edited: