What's new

Let's Just Discuss This...Roster Thing Civilly

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why have they waited so long to reveal Liu Kang? That will be the most anticlimactic reveal honestly.

Anyway, the roster is amazing. I can't remember the last time I wanted to use nearly the entire roster of a fighting game. Like, there's not a single character where I'm not at least a little bit interested in using.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I didn't like the idea at first, because I would have preferred the spots go to post MK3 characters like Reiko, Tanya, Shinnok, Fujin... etc (NOT FUCKING BO RAI CHO THOUGH).

But since we got a good number of new characters, I'm content with how it is right now.

SLy

Noob
Actually, what we should all be worrying about is the DLC characters. Last thing we need is another MMH or Batgirl.
This

But DLC Wise there only 2 mk characters making it. I assume its going to be one male and one female. Female wise we only haave Tanya, and Frost.(maybe Sindel).

But the males? We have like 7 male MK characters competing for that spot. I wonder who NRS chose.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/12/8198393/mortal-kombat-x-johnny-cage-story-mode

"It's not immediately clear which of these returning characters is actually going to be playable in Mortal Kombat X. We fought Jax and Shinnok in one-on-one fights, so it's pretty likely those two characters will ultimately be playable in the game. NetherRealm wouldn't confirm who was going to be included in the roster, but we did see a couple of unannounced playable fighters, including Erron Black, in the game's attract mode."
yaaaay

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I don't think there are more slots to be filled, it just confirms that Liu and Erron are playable completing the leaked roster. If you're refering to the DLC I think Rain and Fujin are the ones with more chances right now from I saw in the trailer. Here I'm hoping for some of Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, Smoke, Shang, Baraka, Havik and Reiko to made in via DLC as Klassic Kombatants; and for Predator and T-800 as guest chars, but we'll see, hopefully they don't drop the ball as with the IGAU DLC.

Last edited:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
IGNs article mentioned there's still a lot of character spots left to fill despite all the new characters revealed today. Makes me think we are getting more than we think.

RAIN
I didn't see the IGN article mention how many slots were left? Maybe I missed it, but I'm predicting 30 characters now.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
After today we only have a few character slot left and a slew of characters who have not yet made the cut. There is a lot of disappointment floating around with the Cage family reveal today. I'm not super excited about the characters and probably won't touch them much, but I'm also still hype because they do still look fantastic. What are you guys hoping for at this point? What characters are you hoping to see fill in those last slots, and how do you feel about the current roster?
Well... how many slots are left??

If we're going with the 25 slot roster screen we've been seeing... I think we have

Confirmed:

1. Cassie
2. Dvorah
3. Ermac
4. Ferra/Torr
5. Goro
6. Kano
7. Kitana
8. Kotal Kahn
9. Kung Lao
10. Quan Chi
11. Raiden
12. Reptile
13. Scorpion
14. Sub Zero
15. Mileena
16. Jax
17. Takeda
18. Jacqui
19. Kung Jin
20. Johnny
21. Sonya

So that leaves four spots??

I'm thinking

Liu Kang and Erron Black get in for sure.

The other two spots IMO are up in the air... they've only showed Shinnock in cutscenes fighting so far. Even Jax made it in to gameplay for a few seconds. So I'm not entirely sold on Shinnock.

Could be Shinnock/Kenshi/Shang

or any popular characters like Smoke/Noob/Cyrax/Sektor

Not Sure lol

Last edited:
After today we only have a few character slot left and a slew of characters who have not yet made the cut. There is a lot of disappointment floating around with the Cage family reveal today. I'm not super excited about the characters and probably won't touch them much, but I'm also still hype because they do still look fantastic. What are you guys hoping for at this point? What characters are you hoping to see fill in those last slots, and how do you feel about the current roster?
which "roster thing"? did i miss something?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

If we're going with the 25 slot roster screen we've been seeing... I think we have

Confirmed:

1. Cassie
2. Dvorah
3. Ermac
4. Ferra/Torr
5. Goro
6. Kano
7. Kitana
8. Kotal Kahn
9. Kung Lao
10. Quan Chi
11. Raiden
12. Reptile
13. Scorpion
14. Sub Zero
15. Mileena
16. Jax
17. Takeda
18. Jacqui
19. Kung Jin
20. Johnny
21. Sonya

I'm thinking

The other two spots IMO are up in the air... they've only showed Shinnock in cutscenes fighting so far. Even Jax made it in to gameplay for a few seconds. So I'm not entirely sold on Shinnock.

Could be Shinnock/Shang/Baraka

Not Sure lol
Last four spots are: Liu Kang, Erron Black, Shinnok, and Kenshi.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik

Confirmed:

1. Cassie
2. Dvorah
3. Ermac
4. Ferra/Torr
5. Goro
6. Kano
7. Kitana
8. Kotal Kahn
9. Kung Lao
10. Quan Chi
11. Raiden
12. Reptile
13. Scorpion
14. Sub Zero
15. Mileena
16. Jax
17. Takeda
18. Jacqui
19. Kung Jin
20. Johnny
21. Sonya

I'm thinking

Could be Shinnock/Shang/Baraka

Not Sure lol
No man, the roster is this:
1. Cassie
2. Dvorah
3. Ermac
4. Ferra/Torr
5. Goro
6. Kano
7. Kitana
8. Kotal Kahn
9. Kung Lao
10. Quan Chi
11. Raiden
12. Reptile
13. Scorpion
14. Sub Zero
15. Mileena
16. Jax
17. Takeda
18. Jacqui
19. Kung Jin
20. Johnny
21. Sonya
22. Liu Kang
23. Shinnok
24. Erron Black
25. Kenshi
it match the leaked one.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Why have they waited so long to reveal Liu Kang? That will be the most anticlimactic reveal honestly.

Anyway, the roster is amazing. I can't remember the last time I wanted to use nearly the entire roster of a fighting game. Like, there's not a single character where I'm not at least a little bit interested in using.
Maybe they don't reveal him at all because he's gonna be evil god kang?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
No man, the roster is this:
1. Cassie
2. Dvorah
3. Ermac
4. Ferra/Torr
5. Goro
6. Kano
7. Kitana
8. Kotal Kahn
9. Kung Lao
10. Quan Chi
11. Raiden
12. Reptile
13. Scorpion
14. Sub Zero
15. Mileena
16. Jax
17. Takeda
18. Jacqui
19. Kung Jin
20. Johnny
21. Sonya
22. Liu Kang
23. Shinnok
24. Erron Black
25. Kenshi
it match the leaked one.
Didn't read the leaks b/c leaks aren't always true. I don't like to get hyped over something that's possibly bullshit haha

Thanks though

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I have to say, I would be disappointed if Fujin, Tanya and Reiko won't make the cut.
I also feel like the cage family thing even though it is entertaining at first thought, it's a waste of roster spots in the end.