What's new

Let's Just Discuss This...Roster Thing Civilly

I didnt like the whole cage family to be in and I think they made the roster less variable ( just my opinion )
I mean with the variation thing, I m not sure if this was a smart addition ..

but, now Im starting to think that since shinnok , jax, mileena, kenshi are all 99% inm this means there will be more space for more character

again what i think is best to add ( NOT what I WANT ) are Rain + Erron Black ... if there was more space ? Fujin + Rieko

In order of wanted most to least-

1. Playable real shinnok
2. Smoke
3. Erron black
4. Reiko

I think black is most likely from that list, with shinnok second, and the other two are such a long shot it's not even worth thinking about.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
After today we only have a few character slot left and a slew of characters who have not yet made the cut. There is a lot of disappointment floating around with the Cage family reveal today. I'm not super excited about the characters and probably won't touch them much, but I'm also still hype because they do still look fantastic. What are you guys hoping for at this point? What characters are you hoping to see fill in those last slots, and how do you feel about the current roster?
I feel like they are trying to hold out on certain characters because hype factor, mostly MK4 characters. We'll more than likely see Shinnok, Reiko (going by comic), and Fujin. Let me remind you that Erron Black has yet to be confirmed, definitely...so we still have to wait for that.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I'm glad I have my girls, but in all honesty this roster kind of sucks.
I almost share the same sentiment. I don't think the roster sucks. It just started out so diverse and interesting and sort of ended on a low note.

But hey, Mileena's in. Why do I care?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm glad I have my girls, but in all honesty this roster kind of sucks.
Idk if I can agree with this just yet. With all the reveals the past couple of weeks we haven't gotten to really see any of these characters yet. If we start to see some things that look a lot alike I'll starting raising my eyebrows, but until then I'm open to the MKX Family Funtime Battle Zone.

SenSx

Noob
I know Mileena is 100% playable, and Shinnok is too.
But IGN might stil not know that ><
That is what I meant, they are saying there is still room for more characters, but maybe they don't even know Mileena and Shinnok are playable ><
( they saw him in the story mode with variation, but whatever, you know how journalist can be...).
And they certainely don't know Jax, Liu Kang, and Erron black are in.
Journalists are not like us, reading every new and hint for Mortal Kombat X, they have a lot of games to cover.

So lots of slots left unfortunately means nothing in their mouth.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Idk if I can agree with this just yet. With all the reveals the past couple of weeks we haven't gotten to really see any of these characters yet. If we start to see some things that look a lot alike I'll starting raising my eyebrows, but until then I'm open to the MKX Family Funtime Battle Zone.
I was a bit harsh lol, but seeing as the leaked list is pretty much confirmed at this point I just find some of the character omissions jarring.

Fujin? Tanya? Reiko? Rain? Cyrax? Baraka? These characters could very well end up as DLC, but that just doesn't sit right with me. Instead, we've got about 5-6 Special Forces members who I'm sure will also play very differently, but thematically all hit the same notes.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I was a bit harsh lol, but seeing as the leaked list is pretty much confirmed at this point I just find some of the character omissions jarring.

Fujin? Tanya? Reiko? Rain? Cyrax? Baraka? These characters could very well end up as DLC, but that just doesn't sit right with me. Instead, we've got about 5-6 Special Forces members who I'm sure will also play very differently, but thematically all hit the same notes.
I agree I am a bit confused as to how they left out so many of the big guys like that. That is really one of my only problems with it. Especially because cyborgs are missing.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Noob, Tremor, Fujin, and Reiko.

Not to start a flame war, but characters who could of been used in the story for their appropriate plots. But instead we get Cage, Sonya, and Jax; who has yet to be revealed, but I doubt he won't be in the game due to the leak list being almost 100% right and the actually list being almost completed. I'm not mad, because it's a video game; however, I am disappointed. Noob could have been used as Quan Chi's main Lackey, due to Scorpians leave of the BoS, or so I've been told, to retrieve the Amulet that has Shinnok sealed inside of. With that amulet they could release Shinnok and have all of earthrealm in the palm of their hands. Tremor I have no idea how he we be used, but maybe he could build a sand castle to distract Mileena for a brief moment while she gets stomped. Fujin plays a role in the comics which I still need to read. Lastly, Reiko, well...ya'll get why he should be in this game.

If anyone of these characters are DLC then i'll be less disappointed, but I'll still be upset only for the sheer fact of my hatred towards DLC. Anyway, this is just my opinion and nothing that should be taken to heart.

Let me remind you that Erron Black has yet to be confirmed, definitely...so we still have to wait for that.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/12/8198393/mortal-kombat-x-johnny-cage-story-mode

"It's not immediately clear which of these returning characters is actually going to be playable in Mortal Kombat X. We fought Jax and Shinnok in one-on-one fights, so it's pretty likely those two characters will ultimately be playable in the game. NetherRealm wouldn't confirm who was going to be included in the roster, but we did see a couple of unannounced playable fighters, including Erron Black, in the game's attract mode."

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Since today, roster was pretty fine for me, with some doubts obviously, but the introduction of the Cage family disappoint me because some potential awesome characters probably will not be in.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
All the special forces people seem to be the key protagonists in the story. So they're in. It very well could be that we'll see a whole bunch of the characters that people have been clamoring for (MK4 era, etc.) unplayable in story mode.

Then later on, after tons of bitching and hoping, they'll come out as DLC. They'd be really anticipated and help ensure high sales.

Base roster could be larger than the 24 everyone seems to expect.