What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I was wondering what others were thinking about his teleport. They never showed him attack afterwards and 16bit said it was punishable iirc. Recovery seemed way too slow to use it to anti zone even on a read. From my early impressions it seems like Jason's mist or Smoke's phase in that you're hoping the opponent goes into a string and you whiff punish after recovery. What does everyone else think?
Depends if there's an MB version of it or not like with Ares. We'll have to see how everything shapes out. Scarecrow seems like he'll be able dissuade zoning fairly well with his fear wall and with MB F3.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Depends if there's an MB version of it or not like with Ares. We'll have to see how everything shapes out. Scarecrow seems like he'll be able dissuade zoning fairly well with his fear wall and with MB F3.
I think its fair to say that his fear wall will kinda be shit against projectiles like 99% of all the other projectile shield specials nrs has implemented in the past.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I think it also depends how fast Scarecrow loses his hurtbox. Even if its slow recovery if he disappears fast enough we can use it to make others whiff.

@RM Truth Traumatize is a mid.

The twins also alluded at one point that there was no MB version of the Teleport. It seemed okay against slower projectiles but faster ones not as much. Also hasn't been any clarification on whether you can direct the Teleport, or if it's always just behind the opponent.

RM Truth

@RM Truth Traumatize is a mid.

The twins also alluded at one point that there was no MB version of the Teleport. It seemed okay against slower projectiles but faster ones not as much. Also hasn't been any clarification on whether you can direct the Teleport, or if it's always just behind the opponent.
I've seen a couple of videos of him teleporting backwards. I don't quite remember if he had gear on or not though.

RM Truth

I think its fair to say that his fear wall will kinda be shit against projectiles like 99% of all the other projectile shield specials nrs has implemented in the past.
That would depend on if there are certain things that it can't stop.

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
I can't wait to see how he plays in the final build. I'm really hoping his teleport and gas wall are great anti zoning tools. They were some of the reasons I wanted to main him.

Sun/Blood God Kotal's parry is that 1% they got right AFTER they realized it was flawed at launch (Vanilla)

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
Meter burning the gas wall puts up a second wall, it seems that it should be good against projectiles with some timing. At 5:46 they demonstrate what I'm referring to.

Meter burning the gas wall puts up a second wall, it seems that it should be good against projectiles with some timing. At 5:46 they demonstrate what I'm referring to.

I doubt any TRUE zoner will toss out a projectile that close, let alone any Scarecrow player react fast enough to parry one at such a short range.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Any true zoner will also destroy you since you can't just use meter on all projectiles, you'll just use up all your meter and then die.

I just hope he has a damaging followup to the armored f3 from afar, that would be a true projectile counter with meter from 3/4 screen, much better than just whiffing the gas blasts.

Traumatize if active. Otherwise might have to settle for another F3, after the initial MB F3.

If i'm not mistaken, these led into hard knockdowns in IGAU. So you might not get a high damaging follow up (20-25%) but at least you still have a teleport which puts you into command grab range or gives the option of baiting a wake up.

RM Truth

Any true zoner will also destroy you since you can't just use meter on all projectiles, you'll just use up all your meter and then die.

I just hope he has a damaging followup to the armored f3 from afar, that would be a true projectile counter with meter from 3/4 screen, much better than just whiffing the gas blasts.
MB F3 into hook grab, would put you right next to them. I doubt that's a situation that any zoner would want to be in.

It's just a demonstration. There are options and only time will tell how well players can use them.
Yeah I know it was just a demonstration. I meant to imply that the range on the move is extremely short then the MB version still doesn't reach the range that most zoners would even risk throwing out a projectile.

MB F3 into hook grab, would put you right next to them. I doubt that's a situation that any zoner would want to be in.
Annnnnd...Here's a good option

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I think they should make one change though.
A. They should make the trait ground blast a low since it goes away on itself oooor
B. Keep it a mid but not give it a timer since black canaries does the same thing if not better since it catches jumps as well and she gets to keep hers. and hers is easier to get imo

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
First we should play the game to see how effective all of these tools are. Then let's talk about potential changes.
Haha cmon man you cant even have a theoretical fun discussion.. why do you guys always have to get so serious.. obviously well wait till the game comes out but from initial observations, these are just fun suggestions

RM Truth

Haha cmon man you cant even have a theoretical fun discussion.. why do you guys always have to get so serious.. obviously well wait till the game comes out but from initial observations, these are just fun suggestions
The sarcasm in your post didn't really shine through unfortunately, and this is TYM we are talking about.