What's new

General/Other Lets be honest, you're a Batman fan.

shig

kool guy
Frankly, I think I would have been more interested if Capcom made a DC game and NRS made a Marvel game, instead.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I think NRS should have distributed characters from the DCU evenly. Batman/Bane, Superman/Zod, Green Lantern/Sinestro, etc. etc.

HOWEVER, It's obvious this story starts with Superman and Batman so I expect a lot of characters from their universe to be in automatically.

Reactions: RYX

shig

kool guy
That may be but Superman and Batman are perfect characters for an MvC-style game, and NRS would definitely have fun with Venom, Gambit, Spiderman, Wolverineand others. Plus, any new interpretation of Magneto that gets rid of the retarded purple hadouken shit Capcom gave him and makes him an actual zoner that actually uses metal is welcome.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I HATE Batman.

What do I hate about Batman?

- he recruits children as soldiers,
- these children are able to beat up bad guys without breaking a sweat,
- his obsession with his parents,
- all the similarity regarding him and the people who follow him,
- most of his villains, since they don't anything to bring to the table besides the plot,
- his stupid ass Bat gadgets and the ability to always hit the right spot with his grappeling hook,
- Arkham Asylum, where even I could escape and the Gotham City police who buys the thugs flowers,
- Joker,
- the fact that even bullets job to Batman, even though he wears 30 pounds body kevlar,
- all the Robins and all the Batwomen, Batgirls, Batdogs, Batbuttlers and so on ...
- the ultimate slut Catwoman, with her disgusting personality, that someone everyone besides me seem to love (**** ***, ****)!

I simply hate Batman and the entire story that surrounds him.

The only good stuff that came with Batman are: Red Hood (Jason Todd), Nightwing and Harley Quinn.
I do love me some Harley Quinn.

PS: Batman and Joker suck. These are honestly two characters in Injustice I will NEVER even touch, simply because of my principles, of them being terrible, terrible, terrible comic book characters.

But then again, who am I to talk? My favorite comic book character is the Sentry from Marvel comics, aight.
But you secretly love him soooo.. Yeah

DC has a much darker feel to it than Marvel and that fits into NRS style.
-__________________________________-

Daredevil and the Punisher were the first two characters to start the dark and gritty age of mainstream-comic book characters. Marvel did stick to it, while DC ... don't know why you would say that they're darker than the Marvel universe, that mostly tries to come up with realistic events like Civil War and Dark Reign, while DC comics offer you stuff like the Black Lanterns.

Realistic darkness > Comic Book darkness

I think your perception of the DC dark style comes from Batman covering up 40% of the DC Universe (as well this game LOWL), while the Green Lanterns cover up 70% of the DC Universe and the rest of the characters covers up -10%. With Batman having so much influence it tends to look dark, but even then ... Batman comics ... dark ... Batman is stupid.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
That may be but Superman and Batman are perfect characters for an MvC-style game, and NRS would definitely have fun with Venom, Gambit, Spiderman, Wolverineand others. Plus, any new interpretation of Magneto that gets rid of the retarded purple hadouken shit Capcom gave him and makes him an actual zoner that actually uses metal is welcome.
It sounds to me like you personally just want to play Batman in a MvC type game lol. Like Compbros said, DCU is darker than Marvel. It fits NRS storytelling/production better.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

Daredevil and the Punisher were the first two characters to start the dark and gritty age of mainstream-comic book characters. Marvel did stick to it, while DC ... don't know why you would say that they're darker than the Marvel universe, that mostly tries to come up with realistic events like Civil War and Dark Reign, while DC comics offer you stuff like the Black Lanterns.

I think your perception of the DC dark style comes from Batman covering up 40% of the DC Universe (as well this game LOWL), while the Green Lanterns cover up 70% of the DC Universe and the rest of the characters covers up -10%. With Batman having so much influence it tends to look dark, but even then ... Batman comics ... dark ... Batman is stupid.
While Daredevil and the Punisher may have had tragic tales, their comics weren't necessarily "dark." I believe the Punisher showed up in the 70's, but comics didn't really start getting dark and gritty until the 80's. A lot of people would argue The Dark Knight Returns was the start of that. As far as your "realistic" approach, I'll let Comp comment because his comic knowledge is probably more vast than mine.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Regardless of it's a "comic" darkness or a darkness that draws from events in real life or what have you the DCU has an overall darker tone than Marvel. Marvel is more lighthearted as a whole to DC, you think Marvel is "darker" because the characters of Marvel are more flawed and human than DC. So you see it as "Human Darkness > Fantasy Darkness" but you can't take it as that, they're both comics and taken as comics then DC is darker as a whole regardless of how "unrealistic" the darkness.

Justice

Noob
Catwoman is the "Ultimate Slut"? Hoooookaaaaaaayyyyy. Remember dood, Black Cat is a Marvel character and as horney as she is, even she doesn't even come close to being the "Ultimate Slut".

Anywho, I see the argument as pointless. Bats is hot right now, but I am surprised that there isn't more Supes love. Either way, what isn't immediately playable will be DLC. And remember that we will never get every character we want in one game. So lets just sit bac, relax and enjoy what we do get :D

I won't be touching Batman with your dick, him pushing and your best friend screaming "Please sir! May I have some more!" But I will be maining Catwoman, a Bats character ;)

shig

kool guy
It sounds to me like you personally just want to play Batman in a MvC type game lol. Like Compbros said, DCU is darker than Marvel. It fits NRS storytelling/production better.
It's not really like that and I'm not even a Batman fan. Of all the things that I talked about in my last post tho, the one I want to see happening the most is for Capcom to abandon their dumb interpretation of Magneto forever.

Catwoman is the "Ultimate Slut"? Hoooookaaaaaaayyyyy. Remember dood, Black Cat is a Marvel character and as horney as she is, even she doesn't even come close to being the "Ultimate Slut".
Black Cat is a tragic comic book character who got the worst retcon in comic book history. Catwoman is just slutty and bad.

Justice

Noob
Black Cat is a tragic comic book character who got the worst retcon in comic book history. Catwoman is just slutty and bad.
Catwoman has less sex than everyone posting on these boards. How is she a slut? And Black Cat is sooo tragic that she goes after a married man, won't even talk to his alter ego because it doesn't turn her on and then dates his best friend to try to make him jealous. And that's barely the tip of the iceberg.....

Catwoman has less sex than everyone posting on these boards. How is she a slut? And Black Cat is sooo tragic that she goes after a married man, won't even talk to his alter ego because it doesn't turn her on and then dates his best friend to try to make him jealous. And that's barely the tip of the iceberg.....
Black Cat started off as a strong, female character who became the Black Cat, because she wanted to avenge her father who she admired.
Later on the garbage man Kevin Smith took over and turned her into a rape victim (actually in his story she got raped twice) and that was the reason for her to become a femme fatale.
Black Cat loves Spider-Man. So do I, so do you, so do we all. I would go after Spider-Man, if I had the chance. And if Sentry was still dead.

Catwoman has a ridiculously slutty attitude (the way she talks, the way she acts, the way she freakin' walks, EVERYTHING) and there is overall not much behind her as a character. She is as overrated as Batman and nearly everyone else in the terribad Batuniverse (besides Nightwing and Red Hood, who aren't great characters either, but at least they have style).

Reedoms

Noob
That's the end of the iceberg. Felecia grew up after the 90's. She came to be one of Pete's best friends and she respected him as a hero and as a person. Then Quesada said "FUCK THAT, PETE AIN'T NO OLD MAN" and then OMD happened and quite a lot of character development was thrown out the window, especially in Black Cat's case.

So is Green Arrow, why doesn't he get a bunch of love?

Edit:

That's fine.

Define butthurt for me.

I'm gonna play everyone, I always do. No I don't but I can't voice my displeasure? Yes, they want to make money, but is Catwoman gonna bring in a bunch of money or Harley? They have a nice fanbase but are they the deal breakers for a large amount of people? If not then use some people that need to grow a fanbase. Yes, Dark Knight was huge, why is Quinn here? Why isn't Talia or Ra's? Man of Steel is coming out soon, where is Zod to help with promotion of both the movie and the game?
Actually, It's funny you mention Green Arrow; I think I want him as a secondary. To be honest, I had no idea who he was until his injustice trailer.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Regardless of it's a "comic" darkness or a darkness that draws from events in real life or what have you the DCU has an overall darker tone than Marvel. Marvel is more lighthearted as a whole to DC, you think Marvel is "darker" because the characters of Marvel are more flawed and human than DC. So you see it as "Human Darkness > Fantasy Darkness" but you can't take it as that, they're both comics and taken as comics then DC is darker as a whole regardless of how "unrealistic" the darkness.
No I agree with him besides (Darknight comics) DCU over all doesn't give you that bone chillen dark feel that Marvel has..Not to say DCU doesn't have its moments it does

Victormaru

Beyond
Batman had always been the first character I'd been wanting to try out. I attended PAX East 2013 some weeks ago just so I could play Batman all weekend, which I did. I also learned a lot from the game producer Hector Sanchez, playing with NetherRealm Studios' designer Derek Kirtzic, and also talked to Nerdjosh and Arturo Sanchez about the characters, strategies, combos and such. I had a great time. I'm liking Batman a lot more now that the demo is out because I can finally play on an arcade stick whereas at PAX the public were only allowed to play on an Xbox 360 pad which was kind of sucky for me.
I've noticed a lot of people here bashing Batman for being in the spotlight for Injustice. I think this is silly. Who else would be the face of the game, Green Arrow? It's smart marketing.
Hey man, Hawkeye was on the cover of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Remember that? The fuck was that about...

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I Love Batman always have always will. He will be my main. Not going to take part in the back and forth, but I will say that I hope to see many of you online on the 16th.

I'm a huge Batman fan I love his character and his villains, he is the character that got me into comics. It also helps that Batman stories are typically well written.