What's new

General/Other Lets be honest, you're a Batman fan.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I've noticed a lot of people here bashing Batman for being in the spotlight for Injustice. I think this is silly. Who else would be the face of the game, Green Arrow? It's smart marketing.

With that out of the way, I'll go ahead and admit Batman will probably be the first character I select. I grew up during the Michael Keaton Batman days, watched the animated series, and dressed as Batman nearly every year as a child lol. Who else isn't ashamed to admit they'll pick ol' Bruce Wayne?

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I don't think Batman himself is disturbing anyone. What frustrates many long-time comic readers is the idea that tertiary Batman characters could get in over characters that are more relevant to the DCU, more prominent figures overall and, in many cases, sustained their own solo books.

Obviously I'm a huge fan of Batman but I can definitely see the issue from both sides. In fact, we'll be discussing the fiercely debated "criteria" for character inclusion on InjusticeLive, which extends far beyond the Bat family (although they're a major discussion point).

I for one will definitely be playing a lot of Batman. I've got my eye on a couple other characters as well given that I'm a huge fan of the DCU, but there's now way Bruce will not be the first character I spend time with.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm one of the main bashers, the amount of Bat people is ridiculous in Injustice.

Edit: No, I am not a fan.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm one of the main bashers, the amount of Bat people is ridiculous in Injustice.

LOL. I do agree that there will be a ton of people that will main Batman, but he is what's "hot" right now I guess. After watching the Dark Knight Returns I pulled out my copy of Absolute Dark Knight..I have no shame in admitting I will main the hell out of Batman lol.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
LOL. I do agree that there will be a ton of people that will main Batman, but he is what's "hot" right now I guess. After watching the Dark Knight Returns I pulled out my copy of Absolute Dark Knight..I have no shame in admitting I will main the hell out of Batman lol.

Good for you and to each their own, I don't see myself doing more than just playing around with him as I will all characters.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm pretty curious as to what comics you read now. I'm trying to get back into it myself. Any suggestions?

Ah, I've taken a break from the newer stuff and catching up on some of the older big crossover events and some comics besides the Big Two. I just got done with 100 Girls and 7 Days to Fame and right now I'm reading Countdown and the Initiative/Planet Hulk.

the moment penguin, two face, red robin, batgirl, batwoman, mister freeze (with captain cold being a better choice), red hood (deathstroke is already there so why him?) or another pointless character (like harley quinn but i find her acceptable) i will join and complain with you

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
the moment penguin, two face, red robin, batgirl, batwoman, mister freeze, red hood (deathstroke is already there so why him?) (with captain cold being a better choice) or another pointless character (like harley quinn but i find her acceptable) i will join and complain with you

Let's say this, Bat people double the amount of the second most entries for the series so far.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I'm pretty curious as to what comics you read now. I'm trying to get back into it myself. Any suggestions?
I'm not Comp, but if you're looking to read some DCU stuff from the New 52 here are a few suggestions that cover a pretty wide range tones and themes: Wonder Woman, Justice League (not because of JL, actually -- because of the Shazam segment at the end of each issue), Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Batman and Action Comics have all been pretty good (with some being simply superb). If you're really into the Bat family there are several Bat-related books that are pretty good reads month to month.

I actually have a lot to say about a few of the titles I mentioned but I don't have time to write the essay some of these books deserve. I'll definitely make sure to bring these up during the InjusticeLive comic portion. The New 52 has been inconsistent at best but there are a few books that are easily worth the reboot.

Let's say this, Bat people double the amount of the second most entries for the series so far.
it seems weird to me that superman being as big as he is (even if batman is more famous these days) only gets like 3 characters from his series including doomsday.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I like Batman due to the fact he is at the end of a day, a normal guy with no super abilities. I prefer that he uses his mind, resources and inspiration.

Also most 'super heroes', stripped of their super power wouldn't stand a chance against Batman in an honest close combat situation.
No one stands a chance against Batman even with there super powers, dude has the most broken power ever created in any fictional medium, plot armor, and boy does he have a lot of it.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
it seems weird to me that superman being as big as he is (even if batman is more famous these days) only gets like 3 characters from his series including doomsday.

Indeed, Superman has the second most entries and Batman is doubling it when Superman is still one of, if not the most recognizable Superhero worldwide.

Edit:

I like Batman due to the fact he is at the end of a day, a normal guy with no super abilities. I prefer that he uses his mind, resources and inspiration.

Also most 'super heroes', stripped of their super power wouldn't stand a chance against Batman in an honest close combat situation.

I hear this alot but, at the end of the day, he's just as indestructible as any other Superhero: While Superman faces godlike beings that will crush his face, Batman faces crazy people that will crush his face. Batman will always be fine and dandy the next day no matter what happens to him the arc before and he will always recover and do the same thing the next night.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Indeed, Superman has the second most entries and Batman is doubling it when Superman is still one of, if not the most recognizable Superhero worldwide.

Edit:

I hear this alot but, at the end of the day, he's just as indestructible as any other Superhero: While Superman faces godlike beings that will crush his face, Batman faces crazy people that will crush his face. Batman will always be fine and dandy the next day no matter what happens to him the arc before and he will always recover and do the same thing the next night.
Must I remind you of Knightfall?

one could argue superman's enemies are more of an intergalactic threat. batman lives in the same city as most of them. as for the sidekicks supergirl would be too similar maybe, and ed boon has stated that they don't want clone characters, superboy could work. can you name a few earth centered superman villains for me?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
one could argue superman's enemies are more of an intergalactic threat. batman lives in the same city as most of them. as for the sidekicks supergirl would be too similar maybe, and ed boon has stated that they don't want clone characters, superboy could work. can you name a few earth centered superman villains for me?

Villains that aren't in the game or ones in general?