What's new

General/Other Lets be honest, you're a Batman fan.

I like Batman due to the fact he is at the end of a day, a normal guy with no super abilities. I prefer that he uses his mind, resources and inspiration.

Also most 'super heroes', stripped of their super power wouldn't stand a chance against Batman in an honest close combat situation.
Could not have put it better myself!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Butthurt is just like hater: It's a blanket statement for anyone that dislikes something you like regardless of the validity, or lack thereof, of their argument. I'm not butthurt, a question was asked and I answered. If Batman had 4 people I wouldn't care, but 6 out of, let's say, 26 is ridiculous when there's a Universe of people that have similar powers or are better characters to some of the announced Bat people but they get in simply because they're Bat people.

Edit: I love comics and I love the DCU, there's hardly a chance that I will see a competent Flash or Titans game but here we have a fighter, one of my favorite genres, made by NRS, the people who made my main and favorite fighter out right now, making a game that is just the DCU. Then I see people like Joker AND Quinn, Bane and Catwoman when it could've easily have been either Joker or Quinn, Grodd over Bane, and Cheetah over Catwoman. They're practically the same people but Flash gets no love with Grodd and WW gets no love with Cheetah, it has to be Batman.
I dont like Batman.

Stay butthurt

Btw im only playing Bane because I want to play all the grapplers. I could care less who is in because I have no control over it, and neither do you. I get that some of the batman characters are a bit much, but deal with it. They want to make money, Dark Knight series was a huge success, they are just looking to bank.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Could not have put it better myself!

So is Green Arrow, why doesn't he get a bunch of love?

Edit:
I dont like Batman.

Stay butthurt

Btw im only playing Bane because I want to play all the grapplers. I could care less who is in because I have no control over it, and neither do you. I get that some of the batman characters are a bit much, but deal with it. They want to make money, Dark Knight series was a huge success, they are just looking to bank.

That's fine.

Define butthurt for me.

I'm gonna play everyone, I always do. No I don't but I can't voice my displeasure? Yes, they want to make money, but is Catwoman gonna bring in a bunch of money or Harley? They have a nice fanbase but are they the deal breakers for a large amount of people? If not then use some people that need to grow a fanbase. Yes, Dark Knight was huge, why is Quinn here? Why isn't Talia or Ra's? Man of Steel is coming out soon, where is Zod to help with promotion of both the movie and the game?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So is Green Arrow, why doesn't he get a bunch of love?

Edit:

That's fine.

Define butthurt for me.

I'm gonna play everyone, I always do. No I don't but I can't voice my displeasure? Yes, they want to make money, but is Catwoman gonna bring in a bunch of money or Harley? They have a nice fanbase but are they the deal breakers for a large amount of people? If not then use some people that need to grow a fanbase. Yes, Dark Knight was huge, why is Quinn here? Why isn't Talia or Ra's? Man of Steel is coming out soon, where is Zod to help with promotion of both the movie and the game?
Butthurt: Getting mad over things you cannot control.

Everything you say is true, but my point is: YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT. No amount of complaining will fix it, so why keep doing it? It basically just annoys the crap out of everyone. I wanted some obscure characters too, but we didn't get em, so that's that. I don't waste my time complaining about stuff that is out of my control. You should try it sometime.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Butthurt: Getting mad over things you cannot control.

Everything you say is true, but my point is: YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT. No amount of complaining will fix it, so why keep doing it? It basically just annoys the crap out of everyone. I wanted some obscure characters too, but we didn't get em, so that's that. I don't waste my time complaining about stuff that is out of my control. You should try it sometime.

Then everyone that ever complains about anyone or anything is butthurt.

Because I can, there's simply no other way to put it. If people can say why they love Batman or the amount of Bat people or even ask for more (Freeze/Ivy) then why can't I say why I don't? Does it annoy people? I'm annoyed by people that don't like Superman just because he's "too powerful" or some other inane reason but I never go "well you can't change it so stfu", I say why I think they're wrong or debate with them. You're complaining about me and my posts but you can't control it and honestly it's a waste of time, I will continue to voice my opinion when people voice there's.

Instead of trying to stop me from saying things that I want or think then just ignore me. Debate drives forums and most things I say about Batman or Bat people being in Injustice is open to debate instead of just "They suck, stop NRS". Also I've said before that if Superman had 6-8 people I'd say it's too much even with him being my favorite hero.

If people can say why they love Batman or the amount of Bat people or even ask for more (Freeze/Ivy) then why can't I say why I don't? Does it annoy people? I'm annoyed by people that don't like Superman just because he's "too powerful" or some other inane reason but I never go "well you can't change it so stfu", I say why I think they're wrong or debate with them.
I agree with you on the most part, but ...

Imagine Cashcom would create a pure Marvel brawler with ... let's say ... 40 characters total, out of which 20 should be heroes and 20 should be villains.
In my eyes Marvel has much better (characters overall actually) villains than DC, but even in Marvel there is one hero who simply stands out with his rogue gallery. Who is it? Spider-Man of course.
I personally wouldn't mind having a lot of Spider-Man rogues in the game, simply because they're so fancy and versatile. They would be a great addition for the game, even though many others would fall shortly. Spider-Man simply has the best rogue gallery out of all comic book superheroes.

What about Batman?
When it comes to DC I would say that he is the one with the best rogue gallery. Obviously others have great rogue galleries as well like Flash and Superman (actually only these two), but Batman has sooo many villains and there are some really good ones.

Is it a good call that we get Joker AND Harley Quinn (I love Harley Quinn), Nightwing (I love him too) AND Catwoman AND Bane, who are all ... basically mostly gadget characters? No, that's not cool and it should be obvious that they're only there so that WB and DC can make more money, because of the movies and stuff like that.
You're right about that part.
But Batman characters wouldn't have been a bad call, if they came up with the really good characters who would offer you an unique playstyle. Yes, you can make the Joker feel and play differently than Harley Quinn and I'm sure that NRS can pull that off as easy as Crapcom did with with Hulk and She-Hulk, Wolverine and X-23 and so on, but ...
... wouldn't it be better to come up with characters who have unique powers and grant you the chance to play with an entirely new power set? Characters like Poison Ivy, Clayface and Scarecrow! They have much more to offer than Catwoman and Bane.

It's not about having too many Batman characters. The bigger problem is that NRS doesn't bring out the best out of the Batman universe.

(Unfortunately if we're honest ... Poison Ivy, Clayface and Scarecrow are basically the only Batman villains who would offer you something unique ... all of his other rogues are only psychopaths with guns and gagdets and while some of them are cool, none of them are talk-worthy. I left Mr. Freeze out because of Captain Cold)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I agree with you on the most part, but ...

Imagine Cashcom would create a pure Marvel brawler with ... let's say ... 40 characters total, out of which 20 should be heroes and 20 should be villains.
In my eyes Marvel has much better (characters overall actually) villains than DC, but even in Marvel there is one hero who simply stands out with his rogue gallery. Who is it? Spider-Man of course.
I personally wouldn't mind having a lot of Spider-Man rogues in the game, simply because they're so fancy and versatile. They would be a great addition for the game, even though many others would fall shortly. Spider-Man simply has the best rogue gallery out of all comic book superheroes.

What about Batman?
When it comes to DC I would say that he is the one with the best rogue gallery. Obviously others have great rogue galleries as well like Flash and Superman (actually only these two), but Batman has sooo many villains and there are some really good ones.

Is it a good call that we get Joker AND Harley Quinn (I love Harley Quinn), Nightwing (I love him too) AND Catwoman AND Bane, who are all ... basically mostly gadget characters? No, that's not cool and it should be obvious that they're only there so that WB and DC can make more money, because of the movies and stuff like that.
You're right about that part.
But Batman characters wouldn't have been a bad call, if they came up with the really good characters who would offer you an unique playstyle. Yes, you can make the Joker feel and play differently than Harley Quinn and I'm sure that NRS can pull that off as easy as Crapcom did with with Hulk and She-Hulk, Wolverine and X-23 and so on, but ...
... wouldn't it be better to come up with characters who have unique powers and grant you the chance to play with an entirely new power set? Characters like Poison Ivy, Clayface and Scarecrow! They have much more to offer than Catwoman and Bane.

It's not about having too many Batman characters. The bigger problem is that NRS doesn't bring out the best out of the Batman universe.

(Unfortunately if we're honest ... Poison Ivy, Clayface and Scarecrow are basically the only Batman villains who would offer you something unique ... all of his other rogues are only psychopaths with guns and gagdets and while some of them are cool, none of them are talk-worthy. I left Mr. Freeze out because of Captain Cold)
also don't forget solomon grundy! I beat his undead ass in arkham city :D

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

If we're arguing fancy and versatile I would give it to X-men over Spidey but they're a group instead of just one man. At the same time you're saying 40+, if this game had 40+ characters I wouldn't care about 6 Bat people but with a mid-high 20s list? Even Spidey's gallery would get some backlash over 6-7 people when you have the X-Men.

Yes, I get the movies came out recently but the latest release of TDK trilogy was mid December, 4 months removed from the release of Injustice. Man of Steel comes out 2 months after Injustice but there's no Zod. If Zod is in then the movie thing makes more sense but at this point in time I can't accept that argument personally.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
why do i keep hearing about Zod all the time? o-0 was he THAT big of a villain?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Orly?
I know for a fact that Spider-Man has the better rogue gallery than the X-Men.
How do I know that? I'm handsome in real life. That's how I know.

Lol, I'm just saying there's like a million mutants out there, they can easily eclipse a guy with metal arms if they wrote a good enough character/personality for them. I'm not bashing Spidey as I love the SMU, Carnage is my favorite villain of all-time, but there's just a better chance of good fighters/characters that can be made from X-men.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Did anyone ever stop and think Batman has so many characters revealed because; duh, Batman! You realize we still don't know over half the roster, right?

Swag 1st

Lol, I'm just saying there's like a million mutants out there, they can easily eclipse a guy with metal arms if they wrote a good enough character/personality for them. I'm not bashing Spidey as I love the SMU, Carnage is my favorite villain of all-time, but there's just a better chance of good fighters/characters that can be made from X-men.
What I never liked about most of the X-Men is that they're one trick ponies. They all have one main ability and their powers are based on that.
Obviously there are some great villains for sure, but the characters from Spider-Man are so iconic, because everyone knows them and for some reason everyone even loves them!

I'm not sure if you can say the same for example the Batman universe. Most of his villains don't even have superpowers. They just carry guns and are protected by the plot. In my eyes that's not something that makes good villains. That doesn't even make good characters.
Why? Because every time I read a Batman comic with Two-Face or the Penguin or something I know that they're only able to survive in that universe, because the writers wants them to and the stupidity is obvious, while superpowered villains can fight for themselves.

That's why I agree with you, when you say that the game is saturated (uhm... is that the right word?) with Batman characters. I wouldn't mind having some specific ones though.
Take out the Joker (I simply hate him), Bane and Catwoman and put in Poison Ivy, Clayface, Scarecrow and Red Hood (I'm biased) in and everything is fine! I don't know if most of the people would still complain, simply because they would have the variety, even though these characters are from the Batman universe.
But the only variety being in someone carrying a crowbar, while the other person has a whip? No thanks.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is my point as well...

I love that the Batman universe is getting a lot of love... but they're just picking the wrong characters. The three you mentioned would be cool as hell (lol) to play and would differ from any others in the cast...

as it is... you have 3 that are just random martial arts attackers/rushdown/up close type (Batman, Catwoman, Nightwing) ... A grappler (Bane) ... and Joker AND Harley (the same quirky kinda style maybe).

Now think if they had Batman, Nightwing, Joker, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Clayface, Freeze.

Could be wildly different from each other.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
What I never liked about most of the X-Men is that they're one trick ponies. They all have one main ability and their powers are based on that.

The same could be said about many people, such as Flash, Fantastic Four, etc.... One power isn't a bad thing depending on how you use it, such as Storm riding wind currents to fly or someone like Armor.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I just watched the Dark Knight Returns and it is pretty good. Definitely makes me wanna pull out the ol' Batman comics.
Check out Batman Dark Knight Part 1 & 2 (animated). They are based on the original frank miller comics. Deff good.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
If NRS was truly about making money, which is one of the main arguments for so many Bat people. why wouldn't they make some of these people DLC? Make 4 Bat people (Batman, Ivy, Joker, Clayface), make Nightwing, Quinn and Bane DLC and that's easily a bunch more money than 60 bucks they may not get because of used games.

If NRS was truly about making money, which is one of the main arguments for so many Bat people. why wouldn't they make some of these people DLC? Make 4 Bat people (Batman, Ivy, Joker, Clayface), make Nightwing, Quinn and Bane DLC and that's easily a bunch more money than 60 bucks they may not get because of used games.
If they really want the money they will make the characters DLC where the demand is the biggest. And they would even have the perfect excuse, by simply saying: "but you all wanted it" and they would be right about it :-7

Lobo, Static Shock, Blue Beetle, Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Black Canary ... these are the few guys I always see appearing everywhere, when it comes to the missing roster.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
If they really want the money they will make the characters DLC where the demand is the biggest. And they would even have the perfect excuse, by simply saying: "but you all wanted it" and they would be right about it :-7

Lobo, Static Shock, Blue Beetle, Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Black Canary ... these are the few guys I always see appearing everywhere, when it comes to the missing roster.

Yes but that's from people that know or read alot comics. There will be more casuals of this game than comic book fans and Batman is the most casually known Universe right now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
"LBFSH, Batman can kick Superman's ass and get the fuck out of there at 350 km/h away and doesn't even Scratch his batmobile"

-Taken from a quiz about batman i did a few days ago, answered by a B man fan.-

if NR was pushing UMvC3 roaster numbers, it wouldn't seem so much like consumer fishing. But their not all to blame, most DC characters just aren't well known past the faves. Plus Adam west batman is da best :)