What's new

General/Other Lets be honest, you're a Batman fan.

Toyman, Parasite, Cyborg Superman, Metallo, Lex Luthor, Lobo.

Those are ones that aren't just like some leader of a gang or something.
personally i would only choose parasite and lex luthor to be in the main game with this story, and doomsday if he fits.

I didn't include other worldly people otherwise you'd have people like Zod or Brainiac.
yeah but i think lobo is also other worldy or just would not fit the story, i would like to see him as dlc though because HELL YEAH BIG GUNZ. brainiac would be cool

While we're on the topic of Superman villains, I'd love to see Livewire make the cut. I'm not holding my breath, but it'd be nice. Metallo could potentially be cool as well.

But as for the original post: I've been a Bat fan for as long as I can remember. The Long Halloween is one of my favorite graphic novels of all time. But even I am slightly annoyed that there are so many Bat characters in the game, but as long as they differentiate them well enough in terms of play style why not I guess? Batman has often been touted as having one of the greatest rogue's galleries, couple that with the absolute cash cow anything Bat related happens to be for WB/DC, and it's not that surprising. While there are a lot of other characters I'd like in the game instead, it's just good business sense.

Also, I abhor the concept of Joker in a fighting game. Maybe he'll irritate me less than his MKDC counterpart.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
yeah but i think lobo is also other worldy or just would not fit the story, i would like to see him as dlc though because HELL YEAH BIG GUNZ. brainiac would be cool

Lobo is a bounty hunter, Deathstroke is an assassin. It's not much different.

You said "based on Earth" I took it as "a character that is primarily on earth" and Lobo is stationed on Earth. Zod/Brainiac are on different planets/planes of existence more often than not.

Edit: Livewire I see more as a general villain than Superman which is why I didn't include her. But I've been saying day one that if Static doesn't make it then she needs to.

While we're on the topic of Superman villains, I'd love to see Livewire make the cut. I'm not holding my breath, but it'd be nice. Metallo could potentially be cool as well.

But as for the original post: I've been a Bat fan for as long as I can remember. The Long Halloween is one of my favorite graphic novels of all time. But even I am slightly annoyed that there are so many Bat characters in the game, but as long as they differentiate them well enough in terms of play style why not I guess? Batman has often been touted as having one of the greatest rogue's galleries, couple that with the absolute cash cow anything Bat related happens to be for WB/DC, and it's not that surprising. While there are a lot of other characters I'd like in the game instead, it's just good business sense.

Also, I abhor the concept of Joker in a fighting game. Maybe he'll irritate me less than his MKDC counterpart.
i hope the joker isn't as silly when fighting as he was in mk vs dc. but hey they gave him a knife so maybe that's something. i would love to see a sadistic version of him here. livewire sounds cool i would like to see a electric character maybe her or static.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
What? This interests me.
Excitement? Everyone knows Lex, Doomsday, Darkseid, Zod, and Braniac. Who else is truly memorable in the Superman Universe? Actually, I take that back. A lot of people will only know Lex and Doomsday. I like Superman, but things could be better.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I like Batman but DC has way more characters worth putting into the game than a whole bunch of Bat characters.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I hear this often, so maybe you can give me a idea of who is more worthy?
To be honest, I'm really hoping for Static Shock and Blue Beetle. Both characters seem really easy to make into solid fighters. Aside from that, I'm excited for all the Bat characters in the game except the Joker, I feel like he doesn't belong with the people who are fighting since it's just not his image.

Has Raven been confirmed yet? I can't remember. =(

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
To be honest, I'm really hoping for Static Shock and Blue Beetle. Both characters seem really easy to make into solid fighters. Aside from that, I'm excited for all the Bat characters in the game except the Joker, I feel like he doesn't belong with the people who are fighting since it's just not his image.

Has Raven been confirmed yet? I can't remember. =(
Raven hasn't been confirmed as playable. I totally get what you're saying about the Joker. It disappoints me he is in the game. I feel he is over used at this point. I don't know much about the Blue Beetle, but Static Shock would be tight.

I HATE Batman.

What do I hate about Batman?

- he recruits children as soldiers,
- these children are able to beat up bad guys without breaking a sweat,
- his obsession with his parents,
- all the similarity regarding him and the people who follow him,
- most of his villains, since they don't anything to bring to the table besides the plot,
- his stupid ass Bat gadgets and the ability to always hit the right spot with his grappeling hook,
- Arkham Asylum, where even I could escape and the Gotham City police who buys the thugs flowers,
- Joker,
- the fact that even bullets job to Batman, even though he wears 30 pounds body kevlar,
- all the Robins and all the Batwomen, Batgirls, Batdogs, Batbuttlers and so on ...
- the ultimate slut Catwoman, with her disgusting personality, that someone everyone besides me seem to love (**** ***, ****)!

I simply hate Batman and the entire story that surrounds him.

The only good stuff that came with Batman are: Red Hood (Jason Todd), Nightwing and Harley Quinn.
I do love me some Harley Quinn.

PS: Batman and Joker suck. These are honestly two characters in Injustice I will NEVER even touch, simply because of my principles, of them being terrible, terrible, terrible comic book characters.

But then again, who am I to talk? My favorite comic book character is the Sentry from Marvel comics, aight.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I HATE Batman.

What do I hate about Batman?

- he recruits children as soldiers,
- these children are able to beat up bad guys without breaking a sweat,
- his obsession with his parents,
- all the similarity regarding him and the people who follow him,
- most of his villains, since they don't anything to bring to the table besides the plot,
- his stupid ass Bat gadgets and the ability to always hit the right spot with his grappeling hook,
- Arkham Asylum, where even I could escape and the Gotham City police who buys the thugs flowers,
- Joker,
- the fact that even bullets job to Batman, even though he wears 30 pounds body kevlar,
- all the Robins and all the Batwomen, Batgirls, Batdogs, Batbuttlers and so on ...
- the ultimate slut Catwoman, with her disgusting personality, that someone everyone besides me seem to love (**** ***, ****)!

I simply hate Batman and the entire story that surrounds him.

The only good stuff that came with Batman are: Red Hood (Jason Todd), Nightwing and Harley Quinn.
I do love me some Harley Quinn.

PS: Batman and Joker suck. These are honestly two characters in Injustice I will NEVER even touch, simply because of my principles, of them being terrible, terrible, terrible comic book characters.

But then again, who am I to talk? My favorite comic book character is the Sentry from Marvel comics, aight.
Sentry? lol. People love Batman because of his human qualities. He isn't a super alien from another planet. He can't pick up a car and toss it like a rock. He is just a regular guy with a lot of money at his disposal. That's the main reason I like Batman. He puts his brain before all else. I will say that I think it's incredible that people believe Batman would beat Superman in a fight lol. Superman shouldn't lay down for Bats.

Sentry? lol. People love Batman because of his human qualities. He isn't a super alien from another planet. He can't pick up a car and toss it like a rock. He is just a regular guy with a lot of money at his disposal. That's the main reason I like Batman. He puts his brain before all else. I will say that I think it's incredible that people believe Batman would beat Superman in a fight lol. Superman shouldn't lay down for Bats.
Well Timmy, of all the things you just named, Batman is none of them.
By now Batman has achieved the status of a Batgod, who solos the entire Justice League if he wants to. Why? Because he is the pinneacle of a human, who can achieve anything if he works hard enough?
No, but but because the power of the plot. That's one of my other problems with Batman. The plot does everything for him.

Batman is a worthless character. His motivation is doubtful, his goals are doubtful, his methods are doubtful, everything that surrounds him is doubtful.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Well Timmy, of all the things you just named, Batman is none of them.
By now Batman has achieved the status of a Batgod, who solos the entire Justice League if he wants to. Why? Because he is the pinneacle of a human, who can achieve anything if he works hard enough?
No, but but because the power of the plot. That's one of my other problems with Batman. The plot does everything for him.

Batman is a worthless character. His motivation is doubtful, his goals are doubtful, his methods are doubtful, everything that surrounds him is doubtful.
I don't know how Batman is portrayed in the new comics, but you should definitely read Year One, Dark Knight Returns, and Knightfall. These are my personal favorite Batman stories. Hearing the way you describe Batman makes me want to stay away from the New 52 if that's where you developed your ideas. :(

I don't know how Batman is portrayed in the new comics, but you should definitely read Year One, Dark Knight Returns, and Knightfall. These are my personal favorite Batman stories. Hearing the way you describe Batman makes me want to stay away from the New 52 if that's where you developed your ideas. :(
I don't mind Batman: Year One, where he is vulnerable.
But the more typical, casual canon-comics with Batman are just terribad, like Superman/Batman and the Batman related stuff in the Justice League comics.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Excitement? Everyone knows Lex, Doomsday, Darkseid, Zod, and Braniac. Who else is truly memorable in the Superman Universe? Actually, I take that back. A lot of people will only know Lex and Doomsday. I like Superman, but things could be better.
Excitement? That make little sense as any and all villains are exciting in their own way (from comic-relief to badass) and because of how powerful Superman is his villains have to be on a grand scale as well: Darkseid is one of the most feared beings in the Universe, Doomsday actually killed Superman, Brainiac has taken over worlds and has no remorse, Zod is Superman's superior, Lex is the president of the United States, the list goes on.

The amount of recognizable people in Superman match Batman easily.

I hear this often, so maybe you can give me a idea of who is more worthy?

Static Shock....on the fence for Donna Troy, Doomsday, Darkseid, Sinestro, Hawkman/Girl, Atom, Wonder Twins (I'd be interested in the mechanics alone), Mary/Captain Marvel, Grodd (over Bane), Weather Wizard, Braniac, Enchantress, Martian Manhunter, Black Adam, Bolt, Doctor Light, Count Vertigo, Nightshade, Cheetah (over Catwoman), Fatality, Agamemno, Jinx, Metallo, Queen Bee, Circe, Validus, Esper Lass, Cosmic King, Amazo (Shang Tsung basically), Red King, Elipso, Vandal Savage, Wizard, Lobo, Swamp Thing, Livewire.

Edit: Forgot Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, and Animal Man, probably some others as well.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Excitement? That make little sense as any and all villains are exciting in their own way (from comic-relief to badass) and because of how powerful Superman is his villains have to be on a grand scale as well: Darkseid is one of the most feared beings in the Universe, Doomsday actually killed Superman, Brainiac has taken over worlds and has no remorse, Zod is Superman's superior, Lex is the president of the United States, the list goes on.

The amount of recognizable people in Superman match Batman easily.

Static Shock....on the fence for Donna Troy, Doomsday, Darkseid, Sinestro, Hawkman/Girl, Atom, Wonder Twins (I'd be interested in the mechanics alone), Mary/Captain Marvel, Grodd (over Bane), Weather Wizard, Braniac, Enchantress, Martian Manhunter, Black Adam, Bolt, Doctor Light, Count Vertigo, Nightshade, Cheetah (over Catwoman), Fatality, Agamemno, Jinx, Metallo, Queen Bee, Circe, Validus, Esper Lass, Cosmic King, Amazo (Shang Tsung basically), Red King, Elipso, Vandal Savage, Wizard, Lobo, Swamp Thing, Livewire.

Edit: Forgot Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, and Animal Man, probably some others as well.
Your butthurt is hilarious.

Its a game, fucking deal with it.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Your butthurt is hilarious.

Its a game, fucking deal with it.

Butthurt is just like hater: It's a blanket statement for anyone that dislikes something you like regardless of the validity, or lack thereof, of their argument. I'm not butthurt, a question was asked and I answered. If Batman had 4 people I wouldn't care, but 6 out of, let's say, 26 is ridiculous when there's a Universe of people that have similar powers or are better characters to some of the announced Bat people but they get in simply because they're Bat people.

Edit: I love comics and I love the DCU, there's hardly a chance that I will see a competent Flash or Titans game but here we have a fighter, one of my favorite genres, made by NRS, the people who made my main and favorite fighter out right now, making a game that is just the DCU. Then I see people like Joker AND Quinn, Bane and Catwoman when it could've easily have been either Joker or Quinn, Grodd over Bane, and Cheetah over Catwoman. They're practically the same people but Flash gets no love with Grodd and WW gets no love with Cheetah, it has to be Batman.